i have been looking for a bungalow plot for a while in Baner but had not found anything i liked.

this morning i have been shown a plot which:

is between 20,000 to 25,000 sq feet (exact area to be confirmed shortly, owner will only charge for total area minus road reservations)
    NA, FSI 0.9
    in a very quiet, prime area of baner (near petrol pump, less than 700 feet from main Baner road)
    ideal for a bungalow society
    clean and clear in all respects

since the size is a little big and price is firm at 4000 rs per sqft, i am wondering if there may be others who might be interested in buying a piece on the following terms:

min size per person 3000 sq ft. so min price is 1.2 cr + govt fees + legal fees + brokerage. these costs can go up depending on a lot of post-sale factors: will we have our society, common amenities, internal road paving etc etc so count in some buffer as well.
      some area my be lost to internal roads. we can divide the FSI proportionately.
      agree to be bound to build only residential bungalows with a maximum 30m height G+2 structure
      loans will be possible upto 80% of the agreement value
      plot choice on first come first served basis
      conduct independent due diligence and be convinced that the price is fair for the area since there is no room for negotiation.
      lets discuss this idea in public for a few days to sort out all aspects threadbare by july 25th. if things seem feasible, i'd like to get a lock on the transaction by that date at the latest.

please also contribute even if you are not interested in this particular plot but may know about other plots in the area or have tips on what to do/not do or anything else.

i am intimately familiar with the area and am convinced that 4000 is a fair price to pay but please feel free to discuss that aspect as well - just not on this thread, PLEASE.lets discuss this idea in public for a few days to sort out all aspects threadbare by july 25th. if things seem feasible, i'd like to get a lock on the transaction by that date at the latest.

please also contribute even if you are not interested in this particular plot but may know about other plots in the area or have tips on what to do/not do or anything else.

i am intimately familiar with the area and am convinced that 4000 is a fair price to pay but please feel free to discuss that aspect as well - just not on this thread, PLEASE.lets discuss this idea in public for a few days to sort out all aspects threadbare by july 25th. if things seem feasible, i'd like to get a lock on the transaction by that date at the latest.

i am intimately familiar with the area and am convinced that 4000 is a fair price to pay but please feel free to discuss that aspect as well - just not on this thread, PLEASE.
Read more
56 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Some Qs

I am not getting the location details. Near Aloma County is like builders' brochure...just stone's throw distance etc. It would be better if you can put it on wikimapia & post the link here.

However, here are my few thoughts:-

4000/sq ft is too high, at par with developed areas of Kothrud & even Aundh. I find it easy to buy land at Aundh in this price & build immediately in an existing gated community.

Other option at this price is Varsha soc near Ivory Estates, Baner where some plots/bungalows may be available even now.

Seen plots in the range of 1200-1500/sq ft near Amar Paradigm Mall, ahead of Sadanand Hotel. Rates near Pancard club are between 900-1200/sq ft, though approach road is DP.

Why is this land owner not selling the land directly to some builder or developing on his own ?? It is much profitable for him to do this way.

I am more than willing to buy land, saw several properties but plan flopped as the owners demanded avg 55% amount in cash.

Btw, one of my friend's maternal uncle is building a bungalow on Baner-Balewadi road near Nandan Prospera with proper tar road approach. He bought a 4000 sq ft plot for tad over 60L. The entire cost of his bungalow on 4000 sq ft of land is cheaper than a 3 BR flat at Nandan Prospera :). See how builders screw us :o.

Man, the payment mode (white:black ratio) & type of constro & location will be vital before discussing this thread further. Please provide these inputs first.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres

Seen plots in the range of 1200-1500/sq ft near Amar Paradigm Mall, ahead of Sadanand Hotel. Rates near Pancard club are between 900-1200/sq ft, though approach road is DP.

eh realacres,
    at above rates and given locations i am ready to buy any clear title plots you suggest.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anildc
    eh realacres,
    at above rates and given locations i am ready to buy any clear title plots you suggest.

me too. there are a bunch of folks who'd be interested at this price and location.
    CommentQuote
    I am not getting the location details. Near Aloma County is like builders' brochure...just stone's throw distance etc. It would be better if you can put it on wikimapia & post the link here.

advised by broker not to make location public. in any case, once there is a group of interested people we would arrange a site visit. this is not a teaser for some commercial enterprise.

However, here are my few thoughts:-

4000/sq ft is too high, at par with developed areas of Kothrud & even Aundh. I find it easy to buy land at Aundh in this price & build immediately in an existing gated community.

i would be interested anywhere in Aundh at 4k (except the bylanes on Medipoint road aka vidhate vasti, or the plots in ashiyana park opp anandban directly below ht lines). please let me know.

Other option at this price is Varsha soc near Ivory Estates, Baner where some plots/bungalows may be available even now.

i have friends living there. nothing for 4k. the one available property has a very narrow entrance. internal lanes are also very narrow. everytime AB throws a party, you have a sleepless night.

like anil said in another thread, i'd be very interested in this. in fact, if you find a bigger plot you could run with the idea. i'd be happy to participate.

Why is this land owner not selling the land directly to some builder or developing on his own ?? It is much profitable for him to do this way.

dont know. but can ask. i have a feeling he may already be approaching builders. he wont develop on his own.

I am more than willing to buy land, saw several properties but plan flopped as the owners demanded avg 55% amount in cash.

that may be the case here also. unfortunately, there is no escaping that in pune. but if you can find some property in and around baner, at this rate +/- 10%, i'd be willing to consider it. and i am sure a bunch of others would too. this is sort of how riveresa came into being.

Btw, one of my friend's maternal uncle is building a bungalow on Baner-Balewadi road near Nandan Prospera with proper tar road approach. He bought a 4000 sq ft plot for tad over 60L. The entire cost of his bungalow on 4000 sq ft of land is cheaper than a 3 BR flat at Nandan Prospera :). See how builders screw us :o.

absolutely, hence the plan for a bungalow. can this mama can get us something in the neighborhood ?

Man, the payment mode (white:black ratio) & type of constro & location will be vital before discussing this thread further. Please provide these inputs first.

payment mode is typical for indian deals. construction, like i said before, is an independent decision to be made by individuals. location, for now, you have to take my word for it. i live in the area and i think it is superb.

in summary, you seem to have a bunch of contacts that can maybe get us land cheaper. and very knowledgable with some time on your hands. get something like this going yourself (i am not too interested in the hassles with shepherding the whole transaction) and you'd get atleast 50 people lined up on this forum itself.

i dont know about others, but if you want to be compensated for your efforts, i have no issues with it.
    CommentQuote
  • Realacres, can u plz reply, if u really seen such plots? we r very much interested in such price range in Baner area...
    CommentQuote
  • Uncle Tom please contact me at anildc009yahoo.com
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BlotJab
    I have been saying this repeatedly (to everyone who can afford to buy property which costs 1-2 Cr Rs ), that why don't you go to any developed country and get settled there with that much money. Two days ago my friend was telling me that his best friend has bought one bungalow in US for 1.5 Cr Rs (obviously he has to take loan for that because unfortunately US citizens are not as rich as people in Pune). And people in Pune are buying 4BHK duplex in Wakad (in Pride Purple Group) for 2.5 Cr Rs. Pune is much richer city that any city of America.

To OP, I am sorry to dilute this thread, but I need to reply to this. I agree that affordability is there and you can get good quality for the money in US then in India.
    But have u asked your friend that how much is the monthly day to day expenses. That my bro is more then 3 times then you will incur in Pune for similar lifestyle (that not to extravagant). If you are bachelor then you can save more but with family and kids it is different ball game out there.

Also as mentioned here, you will not get maid or any other conveniences.
    So yes you will get good decent house in 1.5 to 2 cr but the cost of living from monthly point of view is way higher and for that you need a decent paying job and pray that you do not get a lay off as many have been in last 4 years.

So cleanliness, infrastructure and affordable housing also come with its own price.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by UncleTom
    i have been looking for a bungalow plot for a while in Baner but had not found anything i liked.

this morning i have been shown a plot which:

is between 20,000 to 25,000 sq feet (exact area to be confirmed shortly, owner will only charge for total area minus road reservations)
      NA, FSI 0.9
      in a very quiet, prime area of baner (near petrol pump, less than 700 feet from main Baner road)
      ideal for a bungalow society
      clean and clear in all respects

since the size is a little big and price is firm at 4000 rs per sqft, i am wondering if there may be others who might be interested in buying a piece on the following terms:

min size per person 3000 sq ft. so min price is 1.2 cr + govt fees + legal fees + brokerage. these costs can go up depending on a lot of post-sale factors: will we have our society, common amenities, internal road paving etc etc so count in some buffer as well.
        some area my be lost to internal roads. we can divide the FSI proportionately.
        agree to be bound to build only residential bungalows with a maximum 30m height G+2 structure
        loans will be possible upto 80% of the agreement value
        plot choice on first come first served basis
        conduct independent due diligence and be convinced that the price is fair for the area since there is no room for negotiation.
        lets discuss this idea in public for a few days to sort out all aspects threadbare by july 25th. if things seem feasible, i'd like to get a lock on the transaction by that date at the latest.

i am intimately familiar with the area and am convinced that 4000 is a fair price to pay but please feel free to discuss that aspect as well - just not on this thread, PLEASE.

actual price in baner should not be more than 2000 psf if you think 4000 is good price and you are ready to pay more than 1cr you can better opt for ready made bunglows why taking so much pain to build your own it's really not so easy.... as u might be thinking

actual price in baner should not be more than 2000 psf if you think 4000 is good price and you are ready to pay more than 1cr you can better opt for ready made bunglows why taking so much pain to build your own it's really not so easy.... as u might be thinking

CommentQuote
  • I'll try to be a voice of reason in this regard. To OP: sorry to go take it OT but I think your purpose through this thread must have already been fulfilled.

Building a house yourself is not as painful as you think. You have the option of building the house through an architect and builder you choose. Architects usually work on a % of the cost basis (4-5% is reasonable). Some builders work on a psft rate and some are very flexible to work at a labour cost + material cost billing basis. The latter will be more expensive (marginally) but if you are building a house to live you would want to have the option of choosing your door knob and a million other small details. The builder takes his profit through the labor cost margins. Some may take margins through material purchases also but those are not honest ones. At current rates you will be able build a 3000 sqft house at a total construction cost equivalent to the money you would pay to a 1500 sqft flat at a comparable location. When you buy a pre-built house you WILL pay for the profit margins, also you will not have choices. The whole point of a bungalow is that it is custom made for you and your family.

I understand not everyone shares my view point towards the whole Construct Vs. Buy argument. But I firmly am of the opinion that the perceived effort in constructing a bungalow is way more over amplified than it actually is.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pareshdg
    Realacres, can u plz reply, if u really seen such plots? we r very much interested in such price range in Baner area...

Here are some of the locations:-

On left hand side of Gera Regents Park (9000 sq ft),

Take first right while coming from Basant Bahar towards Baner road. The 3rd plot there of about 4500 sq ft,

A 7500 sq ft plot exactly adjoining to Basant Bahar,

A 5500 sq ft plot in front of Runwal project in Ram-indu society. You get a direct view of Supreme Palms from there, but it is far from that place,

There is one plot (forgot the area) near Mohan apartments at BP link road.

And then there are tens of plots near 52 Green Woods at Sus, but some land belongs to Deepak Mankar, the goon & there are those shaukin addas nearby, so better not to buy here.

Another good option was on the way while going towards Skyi Iris from Baner rd.

There are some other plots in the range of 4000-6000 sq ft near Nandan Prospera too. I know a person who is building here on 4000 sq ft plot at prices cheaper than 3 BR of Nandan Prospera !!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bonigv
    Building a house yourself is not as painful as you think..... you would want to have the option of choosing your door knob and a million other small details. At current rates you will be able build a 3000 sqft house at a total construction cost equivalent to the money you would pay to a 1500 sqft flat at a comparable location. When you buy a pre-built house you WILL pay for the profit margins, also you will not have choices. The whole point of a bungalow is that it is custom made for you and your family.

I understand not everyone shares my view point towards the whole Construct Vs. Buy argument. But I firmly am of the opinion that the perceived effort in constructing a bungalow is way more over amplified than it actually is.

+1. Agree with this. Man, building on your own is fun....yes it takes patience & you need to devote time towards it besides your regular work, but once complete, it is Nirvana :). What's more, the interiors too look damn good as they are planned at the time of architectural stage itself.

You have verandas, domes, open spaces, nice staircases, gardens, multiple car parks & complete freedom what to do. Having our own home on land beats even the top floor penthouse of premium projects.

* PS:- I am talking about building on land of over 6000 sq ft with nice elevations. I don't call the so called bungalows built on 2500-3000 sq ft land with just 5 ft space around as bungalows.
    CommentQuote
  • a minor clarification; PMC requires one to leave 15 ft in front and 10ft on all other sides clear for any bungalow construction irrespective of the plot size. I was shocked to see Bangalore Bungalows where one could reach across from the kitchen window into the neighbors' kitchen and bring back a cup of sugar when you run out of it. :)
    CommentQuote
    a minor clarification; PMC requires one to leave 15 ft in front and 10ft on all other sides clear for any bungalow construction irrespective of the plot size. I was shocked to see Bangalore Bungalows where one could reach across from the kitchen window into the neighbors' kitchen and bring back a cup of sugar when you run out of it. :)

PMC norms -
    Front and Back yard - minimum 10 ft
    Sides - minimum 8 ft
    CommentQuote
    a minor clarification; PMC requires one to leave 15 ft in front and 10ft on all other sides clear for any bungalow construction irrespective of the plot size. I was shocked to see Bangalore Bungalows where one could reach across from the kitchen window into the neighbors' kitchen and bring back a cup of sugar when you run out of it. :)

Bangalore plots have 3 feet limit I believe.
    CommentQuote
    Here are some of the locations:-

On left hand side of Gera Regents Park (9000 sq ft),

Take first right while coming from Basant Bahar towards Baner road. The 3rd plot there of about 4500 sq ft,

A 7500 sq ft plot exactly adjoining to Basant Bahar,

A 5500 sq ft plot in front of Runwal project in Ram-indu society. You get a direct view of Supreme Palms from there, but it is far from that place,

There is one plot (forgot the area) near Mohan apartments at BP link road.

Can we have the contacts and Rates please.
    CommentQuote