i have been looking for a bungalow plot for a while in Baner but had not found anything i liked.

this morning i have been shown a plot which:

is between 20,000 to 25,000 sq feet (exact area to be confirmed shortly, owner will only charge for total area minus road reservations)
    NA, FSI 0.9
    in a very quiet, prime area of baner (near petrol pump, less than 700 feet from main Baner road)
    ideal for a bungalow society
    clean and clear in all respects

since the size is a little big and price is firm at 4000 rs per sqft, i am wondering if there may be others who might be interested in buying a piece on the following terms:

min size per person 3000 sq ft. so min price is 1.2 cr + govt fees + legal fees + brokerage. these costs can go up depending on a lot of post-sale factors: will we have our society, common amenities, internal road paving etc etc so count in some buffer as well.
      some area my be lost to internal roads. we can divide the FSI proportionately.
      agree to be bound to build only residential bungalows with a maximum 30m height G+2 structure
      loans will be possible upto 80% of the agreement value
      plot choice on first come first served basis
      conduct independent due diligence and be convinced that the price is fair for the area since there is no room for negotiation.
      lets discuss this idea in public for a few days to sort out all aspects threadbare by july 25th. if things seem feasible, i'd like to get a lock on the transaction by that date at the latest.

please also contribute even if you are not interested in this particular plot but may know about other plots in the area or have tips on what to do/not do or anything else.

i am intimately familiar with the area and am convinced that 4000 is a fair price to pay but please feel free to discuss that aspect as well - just not on this thread, PLEASE.lets discuss this idea in public for a few days to sort out all aspects threadbare by july 25th. if things seem feasible, i'd like to get a lock on the transaction by that date at the latest.

please also contribute even if you are not interested in this particular plot but may know about other plots in the area or have tips on what to do/not do or anything else.

i am intimately familiar with the area and am convinced that 4000 is a fair price to pay but please feel free to discuss that aspect as well - just not on this thread, PLEASE.lets discuss this idea in public for a few days to sort out all aspects threadbare by july 25th. if things seem feasible, i'd like to get a lock on the transaction by that date at the latest.

i am intimately familiar with the area and am convinced that 4000 is a fair price to pay but please feel free to discuss that aspect as well - just not on this thread, PLEASE.
Read more
56 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    +1. Agree with this. Man, building on your own is fun....yes it takes patience & you need to devote time towards it besides your regular work, but once complete, it is Nirvana :). What's more, the interiors too look damn good as they are planned at the time of architectural stage itself.

You have verandas, domes, open spaces, nice staircases, gardens, multiple car parks & complete freedom what to do. Having our own home on land beats even the top floor penthouse of premium projects.

* PS:- I am talking about building on land of over 6000 sq ft with nice elevations. I don't call the so called bungalows built on 2500-3000 sq ft land with just 5 ft space around as bungalows.

6000 sq ft ???

please come back on earth from the sky man...

how many on this forum can afford to buy 6000 sq. feet land(I am not talking about farm land which might come cheap but a land where you will have bare minimum facilities like water+electricity+school+hospital+grocery market)

places like baner or balewadi or bhugaon for that matter have sq. feet rate of above 2000 sq. feet

so the land itself will cost more than 1 crore 20 lacs...

construction with 2500 sq. feet will cost 30-35 lacs

thats 1.5 crore total

is it affordable to even higher middle class ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mankind
    6000 sq ft ???

how many on this forum can afford to buy 6000 sq. feet land(I am not talking about farm land which might come cheap but a land where you will have bare minimum facilities like water+electricity+school+hospital+grocery market)

places like baner or balewadi or bhugaon for that matter have sq. feet rate of above 2000 sq. feet

thats 1.5 crore total

of course its not affordable to someone who does not have 1.5 CR budget... but then try and reduce everything in half... so you can have a 3000 sq ft bunglow of your own for around 75 Lakh...

now compare that with what builders are offering for the same price...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mankind
    6000 sq ft ???

thats 1.5 crore total

C'mon man, who said places like Balewadi has rates of 2000/sq ft ?? Don't tell me the agents' rate, they will always hike up as they want more commission. As far as Bhugaon is concerned, that is not even livable even if you get land free of cost.

And man, I am talking about a proper bungalow with designer garden, small fountain, outdoor seating arrangement, jhoola etc. requires this much of space. But as PRB (punerebuyer) said above rightly, divide this by half & see the price. It is less than a 3 BR of 1600 sq ft. Not to forget the 'manmaani' charges of the builders, parking etc.

Building on our own makes a lot more sense than paying the builder for crap flats which starts to leak in an year!! THINK......
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anildc
    Can we have the contacts and Rates please.

If anything is available upto around Rs 1800 psf or Rs 2000 max in the Baner area, I will be seriously interested.

Sacarv
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres

However, here are my few thoughts:-

4000/sq ft is too high, at par with developed areas of Kothrud & even Aundh. I find it easy to buy land at Aundh in this price & build immediately in an existing gated community.

Other option at this price is Varsha soc near Ivory Estates, Baner where some plots/bungalows may be available even now.

Seen plots in the range of 1200-1500/sq ft near Amar Paradigm Mall, ahead of Sadanand Hotel. Rates near Pancard club are between 900-1200/sq ft, though approach road is DP.

Mr.Realacres will you stand up to information you shared in this thread by providing contacts or accept that you are ill aware of current scenario.
    CommentQuote
  • yes realacres , it will be helpful if you provide contacts.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Real Acre & UncleTOM,
    Can you please send me the details to
    nakshtra.mydreamhomeATgmail.com
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by monds
    PMC norms -
    Front and Back yard - minimum 10 ft
    Sides - minimum 8 ft

You are wrong. 15ft front, `10ft on all other sides is the PMC norm currently.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi uncle tom,

Please provide al the information and your contact number. i am interested in this.

Others,
    if you have any ifnormation like this pls share i am interested in this
    CommentQuote
  • I am looking to purchase a row house in Mithila Residency (in Ram Indu Park, Baner) for living purpose with my family. Looks like there is no water supply from PMC in this neighborhood. Can someone please let me know what could be the problem? Illegal construction by the builder or non-formation of society by residents?
    Also, why there are no proper internal roads to reach these projects in Ram Indu park? Area seems to be good but then why PMC is not constructing good access road?
    Really appreciate your response.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rayoflight
    I am looking to purchase a row house in Mithila Residency (in Ram Indu Park, Baner) for living purpose with my family. Looks like there is no water supply from PMC in this neighborhood. Can someone please let me know what could be the problem? Illegal construction by the builder or non-formation of society by residents?
    Also, why there are no proper internal roads to reach these projects in Ram Indu park? Area seems to be good but then why PMC is not constructing good access road?
    Really appreciate your response.

I think this row house that you are talking about is built in 2009 and has been on market for quite some time. They were even trying to rent it out, but with the water problems, not sure if they managed to.
    The row house in itself is fine, but the asking price was above 1 cr when I last checked and at that time, there were way better options available for row houses. Not sure what road / society and water problems are. If you come to know more about these issues, do let the forum know for everyone's benefit. Make sure you check all legal documents and also if the row house follows government guidelines on open spaces.

~D
    CommentQuote