A friend of mine has purchased a resale flat in same building just below his flat. Now he intends to connect both the flats internally by creating an opening in the slab between the flats & constructing a spiral metal staircase. He says he has seen this done in few cases.

Is breaking the slab possible? If yes, is it safe for the building?
Read more
1 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Can be done but needs to be done under the advice & supervision of a qualified Structural Engineer. The S.E. will also issue a structural safety certificate for the work.