I am wondering, is it possible that recession will begin from 2012? I have seen many articles on internet about this, and recently one from Gary Shilling (please see the link Paul Farrel: A Recession Is Coming In 2012 And Things Don )

Any thoughts from intellectual people ...

How will it impact on IT and RE sectors?
Read more
147 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Everyday there is a news about recession and how Europe and Western counties
    are fighting with recession. Today only i read a new saying Europe will cut 100000 job per annum till 2015, but still property rates in Pune are going high.
    Does any one know what is the reason behind this.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by p_vinay
    Everyday there is a news about recession and how Europe and Western counties
    are fighting with recession. Today only i read a new saying Europe will cut 100000 job per annum till 2015, but still property rates in Pune are going high.

The reason behind this is people's budget is determined by the price quoted by builders and not the price afforded by the people.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by p_vinay
    Everyday there is a news about recession and how Europe and Western counties

Want to know the reasons .....
    Read on .....

The sector that you see last in image is recruiting 40% less this quarter....
    Reason .. no sales ... but nobody will tell you that .... you have to observe it....

business.outlookindia.com | The Return Of The Pink Slip Blues
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Hi frugy. Nice post as usual. So what we can say about 2012 looking back
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BlotJab
    It seems like Europe will be in recession in 2012. But I am not sure about India and US. But one thing is sure we are in one special and unpredictable economic situation, nobody knows what will happen to the economy of India in 2012.

Some experts are saying that GDP may go below 7% ( I read the news today in moneycontrol.com). Dollar is getting strength, 1 dollar = 51 Rs mark is getting tested.
    Rupee can move to 58 if breaks 52, says CLSA - CNBC-TV18 -

Last time it happened when we were in recession (early 2009), does it mean that we are already under recession (global)?

Looks like investor with cash will get golden opportunity in stock market in next 6-8 months, and first time home buyer may get upto 50% discount in under construction project if investors panic and start selling their flats (which ultimately affect the sales of new projects).

It is wait and watch game (as somebody had said in early 2008).

THis more than a year old post , in bold , nothing short of mungerilaal ke haseen sapne.

BTW do not see old members like BlotJab, stoxxx, anildc, tarcap etc in the forum anymore.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by compuwalah
    THis more than a year old post , in bold , nothing short of mungerilaal ke haseen sapne.

BTW do not see old members like BlotJab, stoxxx, anildc, tarcap etc in the forum anymore.

:D:D hey dude, why are you reviving threads?:bab (45): all these threads are as good as spam given how things have developed
    CommentQuote
  • Rupee got weak against dollar. Only this thing came out true. Impact of this scenario on Pune RE is that more and more NRIs (from mumbai/pune) are buying properties in Pune, for example, I saw a lot of fellow members in US are buying 5BHKs in Blue Ridge. :)

thus driving RE far and far away from a common man's reach !!
    CommentQuote
  • I would like to Echo .... its been more than 4 years rather since 2006 I m hearing RECESSION will Hit BUBBLE will BURST ... Housing prices correcting blah blah...

After investing in 2009 and 2011 I am sitting on good profits however 2007 investment in NCR (Crossings) didnt yield good say equal to bank FD only. .....since 2011 Oct again recession recession Recessions Echo started ..... this time I also heard voices and didnt invest ..... (Money is KiNG in recession : blah blah threads)

Now the situation is that my King Money of 2011 has become less than Queen ... means what I was getting in 2011 ... now is not available in almost double amount. Recession didnt come for others but for ME for SURE this micro (man made )REcession hit me hard. If I wanna invest now I have to go 4 to 5 kms away and in totally new area..

Can anyone guide : Do you think Prices will go DOWN EVER !!!!
    CommentQuote
  • @jass_s,
    No, property prices will NOT come down across the board.

Few micros mkts and in somee odd project the prices may come down say 5-10% but across board the prices for good location, reputed builder and good layout ones will keep rising.

In fact, in some areas prices have gone up quite substantially - so all those guys waiting for recession & price crash, bubble bust etc have "missed the bus" in major way....

Cheers to Y2013..
    CommentQuote
  • there was no recession in 2012.
    in india, there was 24% increase in the real estate prices which was highest in world in 2011.

in 2012, there was 11% increase in the real estate prices.

where is the recession?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by delhihellow
    there was no recession in 2012.
    in india, there was 24% increase in the real estate prices which was highest in world.

in 2012, there was 11% increase in the real estate prices.

where is the recession?

on this forum there is always recession:D...no time is good time for home buying, all areas are third-class etc etc even though in real world property is booming
    CommentQuote
  • recession experts

Originally Posted by puser
    on this forum there is always recession:D...no time is good time for home buying, all areas are third-class etc etc even though in real world property is booming

There is no harm in hearing theories about recession. One can be cautious in incurring expenditure,making investments etc. so let us thank the people who predict recession.I learn from others caution about price and industry trends and balance my expectations with others optimism.
    When someone classifies all areas as third rate,read with interest and see around yourself,you may have missed something.
    Generally being a free world everyone can have his opinion and you hear it ,read it and take own decision.If you have faith in yourself and are sure of facts/laws/finances,other opinions will not sway you from buying/selling decision.
    hoping for the best in 2013.
    CommentQuote