MonVert Vesta - Pirangut (12 km from chandani chowk) are quoting 2333/- (p/sq. ft.) 33 rs. floor rise for 5,6,7,8 floor and 66 rs. floor rise for 9,10,11,12 floors
A 990 sq. ft. 2BHK flat goes for 30 lacs
And plot costing of 1300/sq. ft.
Will this be a wise investment.
Anyone have booked their. Lots of new other projects are coming on this side. How is potential of this area in 5 yrs.
Read more
46 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Well even I have seen the ads for this particular project, but was not able to make my mind to visit the site after reading that the bunglow costs just around 111 lac onwards :bab (59):.

In my opinion , Pirangut is far away from the city limits.
    If you are looking with a perspective of 5 years, the rates might go up, but the current rates doesn't look promising to me, infact they are very high in my opinion.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ydkcool
    MonVert Vesta - Pirangut (12 km from chandani chowk) are quoting 2333/- (p/sq. ft.) 33 rs. floor rise for 5,6,7,8 floor and 66 rs. floor rise for 9,10,11,12 floors
    Anyone have booked their. Lots of new other projects are coming on this side. How is potential of this area in 5 yrs.

Flat at such junk location ??? People have farmhouses here. MV has gone nuts....seems they want to sell flats not to humans but to leopards & wolves :D.
    CommentQuote
  • but lot of leopards & wolves visited the site's launch party (i was NOT one of them). Also many have booked their. Wht ppl are thinking cant guess.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ydkcool
    but lot of leopards & wolves visited the site's launch party (i was NOT one of them). Also many have booked their. Wht ppl are thinking cant guess.

Log to line main khade rehkar booking karte hain, & even after 2 yrs, you will find FEW FLATS LEFT.:D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Log to line main khade rehkar booking karte hain, & even after 2 yrs, you will find FEW FLATS LEFT.

Those who have booked may be related to builder's friend or backdoor investors...Even their advt. says "Invest in Pune west" It doesn't have any thing for end users!

No wonder the MV sales lady will say after few days that only one flat or one plot is left!!! Standard answer to any call.:bab (59):

PCMC or Area near by Hinjewadi, Talegaon is better choice than Pirangut, NA plots may be avaialble there for much cheaper price than Rs.1300 per sq. feet.
    CommentQuote
  • its a joke

Originally Posted by ydkcool

the prices DO NOT AT ALL justify the current infrastructure and location.
    2333 is too much considering the development that can take place in next 5 years.

Also, Rs. 111 lacs for bunglow is BIG TIME JOKE.
    One of my relative had big farm plot there which he sold for cheap price.
    Most of the farmers sold the plots there at really low price(somewhere Rs. 25-30 per sq. feet just 4-5 years before, ITS known fact) and builders are now selling at 1300 sq. feet..haha what a profit. And biggest thing is that people are also buying.
    friend, have some respect to your own hard earned money...!
    CommentQuote
  • If lavasa is successful then you never know what can happen to pirangut (but all IFs and BUTs). By the way some snaps of urawade. (courtesy some other website)
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • rather than buying from MV go and do some research in the area....
    meet farmers directly and buy land in less than half price....

All you can do there is grow crops.......and try to have country side exp
    :)

All for investors having lots of surplus money......

nothing for end users
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kingmanish
    rather than buying from MV go and do some research in the area....
    meet farmers directly and buy land in less than half price....

All you can do there is grow crops.......and try to have country side exp
    :)

All for investors having lots of surplus money......

nothing for end users

True if you hae time, energy and contacts to get the land NAed and able to visit the site regularly.
    For a average Joe, a apartment works out better. This fact is being exploted by builders. Average Joe knows that he will make lakhs if he puts same energy (to guard his farmhouse) in rather some IT job.

Buy a farmhouse and your visit 6 month later, you will find some one else taken over the place.
    CommentQuote
  • The potential of Urwade cannot be because of its proximity to Chandni Chowk or Lavasa. It can only because of the speculation that this road will be in a good condition soon. If this road is complete then Infosys main campus will be exactly 19km of one straight road from Urwade. The road will cut through some beautiful country side and eventually commercialize and destroy it. I am a cyclist and this road and the country side it cuts through is known to me like the back of my palm. Currently there are is an accelerated land acquisition by resort builders all along the Mutha banks. Right now it is all either farms or farm houses. The road condition has improved dramatically in the last two years and if the construction material heaped up all along the road is any indicator the road is going to get complete in the next 2-3 years.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by compuwalah
    True if you hae time, energy and contacts to get the land NAed and able to visit the site regularly.
    For a average Joe, a apartment works out better. This fact is being exploted by builders. Average Joe knows that he will make lakhs if he puts same energy (to guard his farmhouse) in rather some IT job.

Buy a farmhouse and your visit 6 month later, you will find some one else taken over the place.

You should not talk so confidently about things you do not know very well. While I agree 100% with you that for the complete risk averse apartments make sense. But at what cost? Do realize that an apartment sold for 60L+ (For example Rohan Nilay) will cost < 20L to build for the builder including land acquisition cost and the money spent on providing amenities. For the same 60L you will be able to build a two storeyed house covering about 2500sqft of carpet area, 3-4 balconies each of 150sqft, about 400sqft of two car parking, A well manicured garden around your house. The house will have best quality bathroom and electrical fittings at this cost. You will have a finished kitchen. All the carpentry work will be done at this cost as well. The cost of land is the fly in this ointment. If you invest in land and protect the investment by taking some common sense steps (for example getting hold of neighbors and putting a security guard) the rewards are huge. There is no way I will ever pay a builder 60L for a property that costs him 20L to construct.

That being said, Rs. 1300psqft in Urwade is daylight robbery. It should not cost anything more that Rs.900psft in current conditions for a plot layout.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bonigv
    There is no way I will ever pay a builder 60L for a property that costs him 20L to construct.

I agree with most of your views.But if we consider the time and expertise required for someone who works in a different profession and needs a home to stay, this will be like asking too much. Also, getting a plot itself is a big deal, in these areas which are dominated by the builder lobby.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bonigv
    You should not talk so confidently about things you do not know very well. While I agree 100% with you that for the complete risk averse apartments make sense. But at what cost? Do realize that an apartment sold for 60L+ (For example Rohan Nilay) will cost < 20L to build for the builder including land acquisition cost and the money spent on providing amenities. For the same 60L you will be able to build a two storeyed house covering about 2500sqft of carpet area, 3-4 balconies each of 150sqft, about 400sqft of two car parking, A well manicured garden around your house. The house will have best quality bathroom and electrical fittings at this cost. You will have a finished kitchen. All the carpentry work will be done at this cost as well. The cost of land is the fly in this ointment. If you invest in land and protect the investment by taking some common sense steps (for example getting hold of neighbors and putting a security guard) the rewards are huge. There is no way I will ever pay a builder 60L for a property that costs him 20L to construct.

That being said, Rs. 1300psqft in Urwade is daylight robbery. It should not cost anything more that Rs.900psft in current conditions for a plot layout.

Not sure if I made any big claims in my post other than pointing out a the practical side of the story. Still if you find my post overconfident I cannot help that.
    Anyway hope to see you walk the talk and own a indepedent house. Many on thes forum would be interested if you can find any such location. As of now a land cost itself to be paid in black is a setbacks 80% of people.
    btw 3 years back 1300 in Wakad and 2000 in Baner was also claimed as rip off on this forum. Now same people say of they get in 2600 in wakad and 3K in Baner, its a good deal.
    CommentQuote
  • I was reflecting on the general paranoia that shifts focus from alternate options and focuses the home search solely towards flats. We all work hard and earn money and want to live a good life in a house that we can call our home. In my opinion anything that we spend money on should be value for money. Flats, at the prices in which they are sold and bought in Pune are not. It was not now, it was not 8 years back when I started my home search. So I bought a plot and constructed a house. The facts and figures I stated are from personal experience. Not an iota of exaggeration. Going by the previous example of the 2500sqft, 2 storied house, and assuming one needs to buy a land at the current rates, it will cost about 1.3Cr for ownership in a Pune suburb. Still it is way more value for money than spending a 200% price premium.

There are builders who focus on only building bunglows. Construction cost of a great quality finished house (irrespective of the location) is around Rs.2000 per square feet. What disappoints me is that people with money refuse to look at bungalow ownership as a housing option.
    CommentQuote
  • security is a major concern for individual houses. sure, you can have a security guard at the gate, but he is no match for miscreants. as the gap between haves and have-nots is increasing, this is becoming a problem for many. and it is not as if IND is a developed country where police will reach you in 10 mins if you call them.
    CommentQuote