MonVert Vesta - Pirangut (12 km from chandani chowk) are quoting 2333/- (p/sq. ft.) 33 rs. floor rise for 5,6,7,8 floor and 66 rs. floor rise for 9,10,11,12 floors
A 990 sq. ft. 2BHK flat goes for 30 lacs
And plot costing of 1300/sq. ft.
Will this be a wise investment.
Anyone have booked their. Lots of new other projects are coming on this side. How is potential of this area in 5 yrs.
Read more
46 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Absolutely agree with you that it takes some effort from our side to protect a piece of land. It is some more effort than what it takes to protect the property from a crook who rented your flat. The actual efforts and costs required however are disproportionately exaggerated. The efforts to protect a freehold property in the middle of agricultural fields will be high. That is not the case in gated Bungalow societies. So, choosing wisely, forming a society with other plot owners, keeping a watch on the property and its documents at the local offices are part and parcel of protecting the land. Once you have the society, the cost of security can be shared. There are solutions.

EDIT: Sorry, I misunderstood earlier. Yes you are right. The theft and burglary are major concerns for bungalow owners. It is chilling sometimes when you run the possibilities through mind. In my house alone, when I last counted there are 45 locks securing entries. This is in addition to the electronic security system and the Alsatian dog :). Yes it is a concern and could be a deal breaker for some people. At the same time, I know two flat societies where they were a number of burglaries in the last six months.
    CommentQuote
  • yes, gated bungalow societies are safer than independent houses. i agree with that. just curious - and you don't have to answer this - is yours also a gated community?
    CommentQuote
  • Mine is not in a gated society. Some lessons you only learn as you go along. :o Next time when I buy I will not mind paying a premium for a gated one. Howev er I'd like to add that I am taking necessary steps through my co-op to make my neighborhood safer and more secure. It will all happen in the next two months.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bonigv
    You should not talk so confidently about things you do not know very well. While I agree 100% with you that for the complete risk averse apartments make sense. But at what cost? Do realize that an apartment sold for 60L+ (For example Rohan Nilay) will cost < 20L to build for the builder including land acquisition cost and the money spent on providing amenities. For the same 60L you will be able to build a two storeyed house covering about 2500sqft of carpet area, 3-4 balconies each of 150sqft, about 400sqft of two car parking, A well manicured garden around your house. The house will have best quality bathroom and electrical fittings at this cost. You will have a finished kitchen. All the carpentry work will be done at this cost as well. The cost of land is the fly in this ointment. If you invest in land and protect the investment by taking some common sense steps (for example getting hold of neighbors and putting a security guard) the rewards are huge. There is no way I will ever pay a builder 60L for a property that costs him 20L to construct.

That being said, Rs. 1300psqft in Urwade is daylight robbery. It should not cost anything more that Rs.900psft in current conditions for a plot layout.

bonigv,
    You spoke my mind man :). Very well put.

As said before, I know a fellow who is building a bungalow on 4000 sq ft plot at Baner-Balewadi road at price less than 3BR of Nandan Prospera !! Note that he has purchased the land last year & yet land + constro is cheaper than flat.

I was myself getting fantastic deals for land, but as said before plan flopped as 50-55% was to be paid in cash.

In my entire family, it is me alone who is currently staying in flat (my childhood was spent in a bungalow so know pros & cons of both).

The flexibility of independent house is enormous, it can't be substituted even by a duplex or penthouse of 10,000 sq ft.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Vinod Gupte
    security is a major concern for individual houses. sure, you can have a security guard at the gate, but he is no match for miscreants. as the gap between haves and have-nots is increasing, this is becoming a problem for many. and it is not as if IND is a developed country where police will reach you in 10 mins if you call them.

Agree but even in Magarpatta City, day time robbery has taken place where 5 flats were broken into in just few hours last month.

Even the place where I stay, the idiot watchman allowed salespeople upstairs. It was only when several people called the cabin number, that these sales-people were taken out & this despite the fact that on the register the sales person had mentioned as

Flat no & name- 'All Flats',
    Purpose of Visit- National Geographic CDs.
    Earlier, one person from Aquaguard had entered in similar way.

Hence, it is not that flats are safe & independent houses not. This notion is created mostly by builders so as to pull in more buyers for flats.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Vinod Gupte
    security is a major concern for individual houses. sure, you can have a security guard at the gate, but he is no match for miscreants. as the gap between haves and have-nots is increasing, this is becoming a problem for many. and it is not as if IND is a developed country where police will reach you in 10 mins if you call them.

You can't get secured by putting more security around the building. Society can only be secured if majority feels that everything is fair, now a days in India majority feel that everything is unfair. Majority think that things are in favor of only politician, businessmen or any other rich people. I get really scared feeling, when I imagine that if 41% BPL (below poverty line ) Indian people get frustrated and even .0001% people out of this come into crime, what will happen to 5% rich people & remaining middle class people of India.
    CommentQuote
  • i don't agree with you that it is builders who have spread this fear among buyers' mind. i am a buyer and i'll always go for a gated community instead of an individual house for security reasons. i agree that there are such incidents happening in flats as well, but you have to choose brick over rock if it's going to hit you. the chances of such things happening are more in a remote location than in a well-guarded society.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bonigv
    I was reflecting on the general paranoia that shifts focus from alternate options and focuses the home search solely towards flats. We all work hard and earn money and want to live a good life in a house that we can call our home. In my opinion anything that we spend money on should be value for money. Flats, at the prices in which they are sold and bought in Pune are not. It was not now, it was not 8 years back when I started my home search. So I bought a plot and constructed a house. The facts and figures I stated are from personal experience. Not an iota of exaggeration. Going by the previous example of the 2500sqft, 2 storied house, and assuming one needs to buy a land at the current rates, it will cost about 1.3Cr for ownership in a Pune suburb. Still it is way more value for money than spending a 200% price premium.

There are builders who focus on only building bunglows. Construction cost of a great quality finished house (irrespective of the location) is around Rs.2000 per square feet. What disappoints me is that people with money refuse to look at bungalow ownership as a housing option.

bonigv. Gr8 to see you have already walked the talk. Think you were lucky to take plunge at right time. Around same time I was also hunting for farmhouse and tried to contact some Prabhavee developers but no response from them. Also made some other half hearted attempts of buying plot but never took it to end. Will take tips from you if I plan to go the bungalow route. Right now content with my apartment investment.
    CommentQuote
  • they bought it from farmers at Rs. 25-30. sq. feet

Originally Posted by bonigv
    There is no way I will ever pay a builder 60L for a property that costs him 20L to construct.

That being said, Rs. 1300psqft in Urwade is daylight robbery. It should not cost anything more that Rs.900psft in current conditions for a plot layout.

+1 :)

I know people there in Urawade. My friends relative owned a plot of 1 acer there. Builders bought it at the rate of 25-30 Rs. per sq. feet 3-4 year before.
    See, now he is selling at 1300 sq. feet

After buying at 30 rs. per sq. feet + dev. cost of 80-100 Rs. per sq. feet (that is max I am telling.) it should not cost more than 400-450 per sq. feet
    with 300% of profit.

but look at them they are selling at 1300...wowwwwwwwwww

tomorrow if builders try selling *shit* at ridiculous prices people will still buy it
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sunnyketkar

I know people there in Urawade. My friends relative owned a plot of 1 acer there. Builders bought it at the rate of 25-30 Rs. per sq. feet 3-4 year before.

After buying at 30 rs. per sq. feet + dev. cost of 80-100 Rs. per sq. feet (that is max I am telling.) it should not cost more than 400-450 per sq. feet
    with 300% of profit.

tomorrow if builders try selling *shit* at ridiculous prices people will still buy it

I remember one of the interaction with builder's person. I was just asking how can you sell flats at such high prices in pimple saudagar area, then that guy told me that you can sell any thing in pimple saudagar, he said put raw clay in pimple saudagar and people will buy it too (forget the built flats). Usme uskee kya galatee hai, wo to phir bhee flat bech raha hai. People of pimple saudagar are great.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BlotJab
    I remember one of the interaction with builder's person. I was just asking how can you sell flats at such high prices in pimple saudagar area, then that guy told me that you can sell any thing in pimple saudagar, he said put raw clay in pimple saudagar and people will buy it too (forget the built flats). Usme uskee kya galatee hai, wo to phir bhee flat bech raha hai. People of pimple saudagar are great.

Naam hee saudagar hai , aise saude to hone he hue paaji ... :)
    Ab woh ees rate pe beachtaa bhee hai to kya waakad kar loge aap builder kaa :D
    CommentQuote
  • Mont vert very heavily investing in their propaganda !!

Looks like they are trying to improve Pune west (only if everything goes well)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sripallu
    Mont vert very heavily investing in their propaganda !!

Looks like they are trying to improve Pune west (only if everything goes well)

MV want to increase their profits and not Pune West...selling land at Rs.1300 per sq. feet means 500% profit
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ani.pashan
    MV want to increase their profits and not Pune West...selling land at Rs.1300 per sq. feet means 500% profit

kuch bhi bolo yaar.. clubhouse and swimming pool with gazebo is really impressive:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/103845178102528716033/albums/5766489816606056609
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sunnyketkar

with 300% of profit.

Sorry but what has the building cost got to do with the price at which the builder is selling the flat?

When a person takes up a job does he/she ask for the market rate of salary or do we calculate how much money we have spent on education and living in the past and then ask a salary?

If the builder can sell a flat which cost 300-400 to built for 1400-1500 then why should we complain? If there are no buyer then prices will come down and if there are more buyers then prices will go up.
    CommentQuote