What should be the max amount a builder should charge? is there any legal route that can be taken if builder is asking for HUGE amout?I've shortlisted a flat, where builder is asking for 3 lakhs to give NOC.. i think it's unreasonable... please advice...
Read more
22 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by amitdejavu24
    No idea. My buyer mentioned that PMC is asking for NOC in specific format from builder and builder is asking money for that now.
    Logically, I am no longer the owner of the flat, so the fees or charges should be taken care by current owner I think?

It depends on what is mentioned in the agreement b/w you and buyer.In my agreement it was clearly mentioned that all charges related to NOC, Society etc. are to be borne by buyer post final deed of apartment.So, i think you are safe.
    CommentQuote
  • Noc

NOC is the duty of the seller to get.

Specific format is available at a shop below Corporation bridge, near Shaniwar Wada.

However, you can get it in any residential society office, Generally they keep a set with them.

As per Rule: Only 25000 is max allowed as NOC charges. But, Society generally charges
    1% of the deal amount.

PS: Society or Bldr want a share of your profit. If its an investor property, then the logic might be given a thought, but for a enduser to enduser its pure extraction or blackmail.

Pl provide Bldr name to warn others of such verbal duping and integrity issue.
    CommentQuote
  • Builder NOC not needed for resale of flats, where society not formed | Sakal Times

If society is formed, the Transfer charge for NOC is only Rs. 25,300/-

You can fight for your rights, or take the easy way out and pay the NOC charges that the builder is demanding
    CommentQuote
  • If society is not formed, PMC can't ask for builder's NOC. All it requires is an affidavit from buyer that he takes responsibility and will make sure that PMC is not affected by any pending transaction. Whenever society will be formed he will get the required NOC.

Surprised that PMC is asking builder's NOC.
    CommentQuote
  • Well, the charges depends on builder and his mood.. officially they cannot charge more than Rs. 25k but practically they do.

I transferred one property in end of 2012 and neither property tax not MSEB needed builder NOC - all they need is Index II and previous owners NOC to transfer deposit amount to new owner. That's all.

1. Name the builder and society - don't hide it from the forum. Let others know which builder puts such illegal demands and tries to take advantage of situation to make money illegally.

Ask your buyer to just submit the application for property tax name change with Index 2 and your (previous owner's) NOC and wait for 2 months. With new norms municipal officials need to clear the application in specified time limit. In most cases they smell the urgency and lack of knowledge of applicant and demand money through some mediator - don't pay anything other than official fees.
    They tell you that if you won't pay extra, it'll take endless time as they receive such applications in thousands but that's not the case and they need to reach within 100 days.

If nothing helps, ask buyer to share the NOC charge 50-50 and negotiate with builder.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by investwest
    Well, the charges depends on builder and his mood.. officially they cannot charge more than Rs. 25k but practically they do.

I transferred one property in end of 2012 and neither property tax not MSEB needed builder NOC - all they need is Index II and previous owners NOC to transfer deposit amount to new owner. That's all.

1. Name the builder and society - don't hide it from the forum. Let others know which builder puts such illegal demands and tries to take advantage of situation to make money illegally.

Ask your buyer to just submit the application for property tax name change with Index 2 and your (previous owner's) NOC and wait for 2 months. With new norms municipal officials need to clear the application in specified time limit. In most cases they smell the urgency and lack of knowledge of applicant and demand money through some mediator - don't pay anything other than official fees.
    They tell you that if you won't pay extra, it'll take endless time as they receive such applications in thousands but that's not the case and they need to reach within 100 days.

If nothing helps, ask buyer to share the NOC charge 50-50 and negotiate with builder.

Correction - Builder cannot charge ANYTHING. If society is formed, only then transfer charge of 25000 is applicable.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by lazybone007
    Correction - Builder cannot charge ANYTHING. If society is formed, only then transfer charge of 25000 is applicable.

There are some societies as well like Dew Dale in wakad who charge more than 25k under the name of development fund or something on transfers :)
    CommentQuote