I have purchased new flat in pune.
I did sale Agreement on 11 Octomber 2010.
I have also done full payment of flat(Bank has disbursed full payment in one installment) on 18/11/2010.

As per my knowledge VAT will be applicable from July 2010 and still at time of agreement(11 Octomber 2010.), builder not gave any information about VAT and also not mentioned in agreement that I have to pay VAT after wards etc.

I am living in that flat from DEC 2010. Builder already given possession of that flat and now at time of sale deed, he is asking for VAT amount.
Now Builder is saying that he will do sale deed only after paying VAT amount to him.

Please help me whether VAT is applicable in my case.
Read more
1 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by pawarpradip
    I have purchased new flat in pune.
    I did sale Agreement on 11 Octomber 2010.
    I have also done full payment of flat(Bank has disbursed full payment in one installment) on 18/11/2010.

As per my knowledge VAT will be applicable from July 2010 and still at time of agreement(11 Octomber 2010.), builder not gave any information about VAT and also not mentioned in agreement that I have to pay VAT after wards etc.

I am living in that flat from DEC 2010. Builder already given possession of that flat and now at time of sale deed, he is asking for VAT amount.
    Now Builder is saying that he will do sale deed only after paying VAT amount to him.

Please help me whether VAT is applicable in my case.

Dear pawarpradip,
    If OC copy is attached at the time of registration of agreement to sale then ONLY VAT is not applicable.
    CommentQuote