HATE THE BUILDERS, RATES, MALPRACTICES….

This Forum seems to be overflowing with hatred.

Builders are hated for substandard quality of construction, bad layouts, adding door bell as amenity, for inventing methods to increase chargeable area, delaying the project, promising the moon, suppressing facts…………do we have any other option.

Rates are always unreasonable, wishes which shall never come true, Those wanting to buy have lost opportunities in timing the market………

Yet people are buying, projects are selling . What is the truth? What are the options?
Read more
7 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • welcome to real world friend

people will go to any lengths to get what they want , I am sorry to say this but let say if you had a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment that you want to sell would you break the mold and sell it below the ongoing price or would you try to upsell ur flat just so that you can get into a bigger flat .. think about it

Originally Posted by anildc

Builders are hated for substandard quality of construction, bad layouts, adding door bell as amenity, for inventing methods to increase chargeable area, delaying the project, promising the moon, suppressing facts…………do we have any other option.

Rates are always unreasonable, wishes which shall never come true, Those wanting to buy have lost opportunities in timing the market………

Yet people are buying, projects are selling . What is the truth? What are the options?
    CommentQuote
  • I would like to highlight one more malpractice I observed now-a-days. Many builders have now started charging the terrace area as 100%. Earlier this used to be around 50%.
    This behavior is like saying, we are selling by this rate, take it or leave it.
    CommentQuote
  • Parking charges are in bet 2-3 lacs(sometimes it is given semi-covered)
    Clubhouse charges like 50000
    though site launching date 1 week b4, all the prime facing & prime floor flats already booked
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by akool11
    I would like to highlight one more malpractice I observed now-a-days. Many builders have now started charging the terrace area as 100%. Earlier this used to be around 50%.
    This behavior is like saying, we are selling by this rate, take it or leave it.

I know that some friends who have booked as early as start of 2010 also had to pay for 100% terrace and also 2 lacs per covered parking... :bab (38):

Dont know why... but I am sure they had no choice..it was really 'take it or leave it'

As there are no govt regulations, I dont see this changing in the near future... so only thing we can do is include this cost in the overall budget...:bab (38):
    CommentQuote
  • Best answer to all such practices is - STAY ON RENT and keep your cash in the Bank FD and enjoy life...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by monds
    Best answer to all such practices is - STAY ON RENT and keep your cash in the Bank FD and enjoy life...

If I would be a builder I will not do a provision for cover parking anymore. Open Parking everwhere...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anildc

This is like asking why most India's population is always angry? (Munnabhai part 1 redux). The politician-builders nexus sucks the blood dry from "aam aadmi" who just wants to put a roof over his family.

For a moderate flat of 50L, an average person puts his 5-10 years savings and 20 years loan commitment in one deal. Buying a home is probably the most important/expensive purchase he/she will do in a life time.

After putting his 30 years savings into this big ticket purchase, when the builder fails to deliver (in various ways - late possession, average construction quality, promised amenities not delivered), it is natural that the person would seethe with anger.

In your question lies the answer. Do we have any other option? NO. Hence the projects are selling and people are buying. Still doesn't make this right though. :bab (38):
    CommentQuote