Last updated: November 2 2011
42 | Posts
5882 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property Expo in Pune

Dear Members,

Saw an advertisement about a property expo being held by CREDAI in Pune during 21-23 Oct.
    Can anybody provide details as to how much helpful such expos are (especially the one planned by CREDAI)? Anybody visited the one held during 14-16 Oct, again by CREDAI?
    As it is festive atmosphere, I personally feel that the builder lobby want to make the best (can also read it as make max. profit) out of it. So any honest opinions are invited.

Abhishek.

Re : Property Expo in Pune

Originally posted by AbhishekS View Post
    Dear Members,

Saw an advertisement about a property expo being held by CREDAI in Pune during 21-23 Oct.
    Can anybody provide details as to how much helpful such expos are (especially the one planned by CREDAI)? Anybody visited the one held during 14-16 Oct, again by CREDAI?
    As it is festive atmosphere, I personally feel that the builder lobby want to make the best (can also read it as make max. profit) out of it. So any honest opinions are invited.

Abhishek.
    Hi Abhishek,

Frankly speaking after some time there is a scenario where Daily Property Expos (24x7) will get held. Even you can find stalls anywhere on the roads if situation get more worst because of inflation (RE bubble), Bad Experience from Pune Builders and higher interest rates which was really deadly combination.

Comment

Originally posted by AbhishekS View Post
      Dear Members,

Abhishek.
      Builders have collectively jacked up rates in last 2 months to facilitate new launches. You must be seeing spur of ads (paper and online).

This is like a losing gambler who tries to play double the amount in last ditch effort to win. Only difference is, builders were not losing anything anyway. It is just a question of how much profit they wanted to make vs. how much they are making.

Now so many exhibitions are happening in various forms in the name of festive season to get bakras to their door step...

In reality, builders are desperate to sell and banks are desperate to give loans. See y'day (Monday Sakaal) Posiview supplement. It clearly has paid ad in form of front page article advising to invest in real estate. Builders quotes from crap like KUL (Kruti Jain) as usual... advice to buy flats and not land

TOIlet paper has always been like that anyway.

Desperation is visible in all forms. Just that way of expression is different.
      ....It means more beating of buyers (by jacking up prices, timelines, reduction in quality and tons of exhibi)

Comment

Such property expo has become a daily affair now...

Instead of Paying hotels and facitilities rent to organise such if they could spend the same amount on reducing cost I think That would increaase sales figure better.

but I guess these monsters just don't want to reduce price as it might scare investors away.....
        End users are the one suffering........

JUST DON'T BUY...............that is the only solution

Comment

These builders have enough money to arrange property expo every month..Not so long ago they even went to places like Sydney,London and Dubai to attract NRIs..But they dont bother to reduce the price at all..God knows their marketing funda..

Comment

It is important to attend such exhibitions in large numbers and tell the sales people on the face that the project is too expensive and they will not buy. Only after facing rejection will they bring the rates down. You have nothing to lose anyway, except for some valuable time.

Comment

Originally posted by kingmanish View Post
              Such property expo has become a daily affair now...

Instead of Paying hotels and facitilities rent to organise such if they could spend the same amount on reducing cost I think That would increaase sales figure better.

but I guess these monsters just don't want to reduce price as it might scare investors away.....
              End users are the one suffering........

JUST DON'T BUY...............that is the only solution

I completely second that...We for one have decided just not to buy..Even though at the moment we can afford 2bhk It just seems ridiculous to get ripped off your hard earned money....Like everyone else we too wish to own a house but not at the expense of losing our mental peace being worried about the ever increasing EMI..and the poor quality and the size of flats being sold nowdays just doesn't feel right......and why the rush just because of the social pressure in our society to own a home...constantly when we meet friends and relatives they always ask us why you not buying own house....now we straight away reply to them are you willing to pay 20% of the EMI then I do not mind buying matchbox size houses at these stupid prices.So Stop buying only way to bring pressure on prices

Comment

Originally posted by medhapp View Post
                I completely second that...We for one have decided just not to buy..Even though at the moment we can afford 2bhk It just seems ridiculous to get ripped off your hard earned money....Like everyone else we too wish to own a house but not at the expense of losing our mental peace being worried about the ever increasing EMI..and the poor quality and the size of flats being sold nowdays just doesn't feel right......and why the rush just because of the social pressure in our society to own a home...constantly when we meet friends and relatives they always ask us why you not buying own house....now we straight away reply to them are you willing to pay 20% of the EMI then I do not mind buying matchbox size houses at these stupid prices.So Stop buying only way to bring pressure on prices

+1 to this. I completely agree with you. Even if we have the capacity to buy, it never feels right to depart with all the savings that we accumulated over so many years by doing great hard work, by sacrificing our wishes and by staying apart from parents/friends - just for a crappy small flat in some distant outskirt area and accepting botheration of loans for lifetime!!! It NEVER feels right in the current situation. Something is deadly WRONG. It feels like being a fool.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamles View Post
                  These builders have enough money to arrange property expo every month..Not so long ago they even went to places like Sydney,London and Dubai to attract NRIs..But they dont bother to reduce the price at all..God knows their marketing funda..
                  Kamlesh Bhai,

This is not the practical solution. Would you ask any FMCG/AUTO/Film Producer to stop advertise/promote i.e. Zero budget on advertisement and sale thr product (less margin)...no one will buy dat idea!!

Agreed, thr sud be reduction in PSQ rates in this difficult situation...interest rates r high, high inflation, corruption, bad governance, job security, recession....and it's applicable to buyers as well as real estate developers...

Thanks,
                  Jigar

Comment

lobby

CREDAI is builder lobby which claims to bring trasnparency to real estate projects. As Diwali a.k.a. festive season is coming, builders with the help of media will try to push "Purchase Now or never" Ads to people.So be ready for hidden sponsored news articles asking readers to purchase property on auspicious day of Diwali.
                    As said above, builders are desperate to get money and collectively raised rates across country with the help of our elected Goverment.
                    So should we purchase or not- My take is if you are able to afford and flat looks good from all angles, go for it.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X