I have invested in a flat which is under construction, registration is also completed in last month. Possession will be done in December 2012. I want to sell that flat because I have found another construction which is feasible to me. So can I do so? And if yes how can I search the proper person to whom I can sell or it is better to sell the flat to builder himself.
Read more
10 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Sell it for a discount to what the builder is selling it as. It will get sold quick.
    CommentQuote
  • I think you can not sell before getting possession. Only possible way to sell it to builder but definitely he will not give you expected price.
    CommentQuote
  • Sorry but its bit confusing!

Registration done of under construction flat ... hwo it can happen...!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pagal
    I think you can not sell before getting possession. Only possible way to sell it to builder but definitely he will not give you expected price.

You can. If you have bought it on loan, the loan gets transferred to the new buyer. A Tripatriate agreement is required between you, builder and new buyer. Off course it depends on the builder if he will let you sell it so easily. You may have to pay him NOC charges of 1L+ too.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by lazybone007
    You can. If you have bought it on loan, the loan gets transferred to the new buyer. A Tripatriate agreement is required between you, builder and new buyer. Off course it depends on the builder if he will let you sell it so easily. You may have to pay him NOC charges of 1L+ too.

yes I have bought it on loan, I am not looking for benefit, I just want to recover my invested money so that I can proceed for another one; is it possible?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by lazybone007

Thats right, my Builder asked me 5% of flat cost in 2009-2010, when i wanted to sale the flat without having a completion certification.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Manoj,

I am looking for a 2 bhk flat. Can you please give details of property?
    CommentQuote
  • Well your explanation seems very undefined but for this I’d like to say that wait for its possession or if you can’t ask your relatives who can buy or in need because builder would never give you the expected amount and also do one thing get an advertisement someone will definitely come to you.

Thats right, my Builder asked me 5% of flat cost in 2009-2010, when i wanted to sale the flat without having a completion certification.

Then what did you do? And do you know the process to do so?
    CommentQuote
  • read your agreement

I don't think you can sell your flat directly as you don't own it till you make the full and final payment to the builder from legal point of view... even after that "some builders"(not all) may ask some money to give you NOC which is required till the conveyance is done in the name of society...in that case the society asks for some money (transfer charges).
    If you have paid substantial amount then you can ask the builder whether he permits this type of sale.
    Or you can get the balance amount from your buyer and pass it on to the builder, make full and final payment to the builder ...get NOC to sell the flat and then do the agreement with your buyer.

If none of this works, and you "really really" want to book at another place then you have get the "REFUND" that builder offers you on his own terms. Also you will only get part refund of the stamp duty charges that you must have paid at the time of agreement. You will lose the registration charges which are 1% of your flat cost.

So the best bet is to stick with what you have now.
    CommentQuote