My Plan for a bunglow !!

Last updated: January 30 2012
22 | Posts
3956 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Plan for a bunglow !!

I cannot afford to buy a 1 cr/2 Cr bunglow !!
    Here is my plan..
    1. Identify an agri plot 2500-3000 sq feet within 1 to 3 km from PMC limits.
    2. Make sure that no road is planned on the plot.( I came to know that you can go town planning and find out!!)
    3. Buy plot for say 20-25 lakhs out of pocket !!
    4. Drill borewell for 1 lakh or so
    5. Get electrical connection 1 lakhs or so.
    7. Build a modest home of 1400-1500 sq feet!(18-20 laksh)( Bugger the FSI rules )
    8. Live in the house

The construction itself is illegal. It is self occupied. Water arrangement and sewage arrangement is by self. Modest bunglow at a cost of around 50-60 lakh !!

Dear experts,
    Please point out problems with this approach !! What possible problems would I need to face of I do this!!( the required effort is fine for me !!)

Issues/Disadvantages
    1. Illegal construction and fear of demolition
    If the construction is not on some road, they do not come to demolish it.
    Have to always live in fear. I tend to discount the fear part as I have seen such situation and mostly got away with it( My father's house).
    2. Have to raise cash . No loans possible
    Some is available to buy land. Rest of it in 3/4 years
    3. Have to arrange for water and the arrangements take up a lot of time.
    Using well water even now. Many PMC societies anyway stay on tanker or groundwater. So no different!
    4. Have to arrange for sewage and the arrangements take up a lot of time.
    Sewage can be utilized for garden etc.Would institute a low water usage lifestyle.
    5. Outskirts of the city so fear of theft or bodily harm
    Would buy within a cluster of 4/5 homes So similar to living in some society. Risk it same as living in some society on outskirts. Would employ own watchman/gardener.
    6. availability of amenities
    Well I shall stick to 2/3 km distance from PMC limits and near an established cluster of 3/4 houses so I expect amnities within a few kms. I have a car and would buy nano for wife..
    The plot has to be near road so that I can get some rubble dumped on my way till the tar road and create a rough road .. Cost 1 lakh.
    7. problem of pests

Pests are everywhere. I saw a hug rat in my apartment yesterday night. They are climbing out of the bathroom drains now.
    8. Child would have no one to play with
    Child goes to school and day care and has enough play there..The current society has lots of kids but child tends not to go out to play that much. This may change in future as she grows older.

Positives that can be done ..

1. Rain water harvesting
    2. Electricity generation using Wind Mill
    3. vegetable garden
    Last edited January 26 2012, 07:14 PM.

Re : My Plan for a bunglow !!

Originally posted by msp1976 View Post

The construction itself is illegal.
    Interesting Approach. I am not sure but why do you think the construction will be illegal. I think even on Farm land some housing is allowed (They are known as farm-houses and i know a few people who have them. Thought don’t know the details). Maybe someone more knowledgeable can give details.

The one problematic thing that i can say is.. availability of amenities and problem of pests Which is and can be there in Builder bases constructions as well.

If you really go down this road.. recommend you to do some more things.. "Rain water harvesting", "Electricity generation using Wind Mill" and have a nice vegetable garden where you grow your own Organic Veggies.

The last para is what i have a dream of doing if at all i can afford to buy a Bungalow.

VK

Comment

Originally posted by veeemkay View Post
      Interesting Approach.

I am not sure but why do you think the construction will be illegal.

The last para is what i have a dream of doing if at all i can afford to buy a Bungalow.

VK
      Construction is illegal as farm plots can get only .04 FSI
      I am building 1400 sq feet on 2000 sq feet So it is illegal !!

Can you give me some cost estimates for rainwater harvesting ?? The TODO things would depend on the cost. As you can see I am on a tight budget..
      Last edited January 26 2012, 02:03 PM.

Comment

MSP,
        I do not know your connections, hence cannot comment for your specific case to build illegal. However in general I will not advise to do anything illegal in life even when you can probably do and get away.Nothing happens to 90%, but if you fall in that 10% unlucky category then you will have lot of running around to do in case caught.

Having said that, understand how much you can build on agricultural or NA land is fixed (I mean the FSI). However there are many loop holes around what portion of the construction is counted in that FSI and what not. Go to a smart architect and he will help you. You will be pleasantly surprised how much extra (legally) you will be able to add using some of these loop holes. Example balcony of your house can be roof to a pump/water station kept down. In general part of balcony is counted in FSI but roof of that water pump is not J

Water, Electricity, Safety, security is a challenge and you have touched on it. However the point that I want to highlight is that depending on your family situation, especially if you have kids, they need kids around to play. This is a big factor. So you cannot stay in an area where your kids can not get friends to play. I have a friend who built a big bungalow in Baner near Food Bajar (sounds such a busy location), however his kids are facing lot of problems as there are only two bungalows and then there are society where these kids cannot go and play.

In my opinion unless there are plots around and others plan to build, first home is not a viable option in and around Pune based on the concept you have mentioned. However it could be a paradise if you have 10-20 plots around and a gated community can be built. You will still have safety/security issue but that can be dealt. In addition though water/electricity seem simple but you will be surprised how much effort and energy some of these tasks can take.

Best part is that if you talk about this to 10 more folks/friends whom so ever you meet, you will see that 50% will like this idea and 10-20% can come with you. Look in this forum itself VK also dreams of doing the same. So if you really believe in this, you will find a way to do it.

Good Luck.

Cheers,
        Birendra.
        Last edited January 26 2012, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by birendra View Post
          MSP,
          I do not know your connections, hence cannot comment for your specific case to build illegal.
          Birendra.
          Thank you for your response ! It is very helpful in evaluation.

In terms of connections, I do not have any.

I am incorporating your comments in my main pro/cons section

Please have a look at this post
          https://www.indianrealestateforum.co...426#post116426

I am interested in knowing legal problems that can arise !!
          I am sure that there would be no criminal charges against me. If there are civil suits, those drag on forever and can be considered as part of the risk.
          Last edited January 26 2012, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Thank you for your opinions ! They are helpful in evaluation.
            In terms of connections, I do not have any.
            I am incorporating your comments in my main pro/cons section

Please have a look at this post
            https://www.indianrealestateforum.co...426#post116426
            I looked at your post. Just wanted to let you know that in many parts of this country people do not even know the concept of FSI and they build whatever they want on a piece of land. However this is not true for place in and around Pune unless you want to do things in an illegal way which is not worth it in my opinion.

As I mentioned in the last post, if you really want this then you will find a way and do it, the right way.

Cheers,
            Birendra.

Comment

Originally posted by birendra View Post

As I mentioned in the last post, if you really want this then you will find a way and do it, the right way.

Cheers,
              Birendra.
              I want to do it the right way !! But do not have the money to buy an NA authorized plot. As the plot itself might go to 60-70 lakhs. The construction would be on top of it and the total gets to 80 odd lakhs !!

The procedures for conversion of agri to NA are archiac and does not always go through.

I consider my actions not as criminal but as Civil disobedience to stupid /archaic government and bureaucracy !!
              Last edited January 26 2012, 07:31 PM.

Comment

I want to do it the right way !! But do not have the money to buy an NA authorized plot. As the plot itself might go to 60-70 lakhs. The construction would be on top of it and the total gets to 80 odd lakhs !!

The procedures for conversion of agri to NA are archiac and does not always go through.
                I also had dream like you 4 years ago and I managed to buy a Bungalow (4 bedroom + 1 living room + 1 family room+ 1 kitchen+ 4 toilets)in about 55 lakh....with about 1200-1300 sq feet Garden, 2 parking, in a society with about 25 other bungalows/row houses and 4 buildings, in Pune.I participated in building the bungalow layout and it was designed as per vastu.....I even took tips from folks like real acre from this Forum. I have still not got the possession however will get it in next 4-6 months. Lot of work involved but I still think it was worth.

It is good to know your constraint, however try to find ways to work around this and you will find a way. You definitely have to move to fringe areas otherwise you can not buy.However you will still need to make sure that you are not going too far and look at other logistics like shops, school, work place etc.

Cheers,
                Birendra.
                Last edited January 26 2012, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Dear MSP,
                  99% of times your approach will work ( the so called ass of an law is bend for greater good) the more people you have the merrier, such illegal constructions have in past have been legalized by GUNTEWARI, Special exemptions to buildings in Ulhasnagar, very soon illegal constructions in PCMC WILL BE REGULAZISED BY PAYING PENALTY. The only care you will have to take is to be in good books of everyone so no one throws stones at your glass house.
                  But looking at your budget there could be another approach, form a group of 10-12, buy R ZONE Land 60 guntas in fringe villages get NA done (R Zone land can easily be converted to NA) make gated community of 12 plots and proceed with your dream. By 2022 when the next DP is expected these villages will be included in PMC or upon PMRDA approval.
                  R Zone land in fringe villages like Sus, Marunji, Punavale, Nere,Wagholi, Manjari Phursungi.....is available in the range of Rs 600 to 1200 per sqft. give importance to Facilities like Road, Light, Water and transportation and every thing else shall follow.

http://www.dnasyndication.com/dna/article/DNPUN24819

ANILDC.
                  Last edited January 27 2012, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Here is my plan..
                    1. Identify an agri plot 2500-3000 sq feet within 1 to 3 km from PMC limits.
                    2. Make sure that no road is planned on the plot.( I came to know that you can go town planning and find out!!)
                    3. Buy plot for say 20-25 lakhs out of pocket !!
                    4. Drill borewell for 1 lakh or so
                    5. Get electrical connection 1 lakhs or so.
                    7. Build a modest home of 1400-1500 sq feet!(18-20 laksh)( Bugger the FSI rules )
                    8. Live in the house

The construction itself is illegal. It is self occupied. Water arrangement and sewage arrangement is by self. Modest bunglow at a cost of around 50-60 lakh !!

Dear experts,
                    Please point out problems with this approach !! What possible problems would I need to face of I do this!!( the required effort is fine for me !!)

Issues/Disadvantages
                    1. Illegal construction and fear of demolition
                    If the construction is not on some road, they do not come to demolish it.
                    Have to always live in fear. I tend to discount the fear part as I have seen such situation and mostly got away with it( My father's house).
                    2. Have to raise cash . No loans possible
                    Some is available to buy land. Rest of it in 3/4 years
                    3. Have to arrange for water and the arrangements take up a lot of time.
                    Using well water even now. Many PMC societies anyway stay on tanker or groundwater. So no different!
                    4. Have to arrange for sewage and the arrangements take up a lot of time.
                    Sewage can be utilized for garden etc.Would institute a low water usage lifestyle.
                    5. Outskirts of the city so fear of theft or bodily harm
                    Would buy within a cluster of 4/5 homes So similar to living in some society. Risk it same as living in some society on outskirts. Would employ own watchman/gardener.
                    6. availability of amenities
                    Well I shall stick to 2/3 km distance from PMC limits and near an established cluster of 3/4 houses so I expect amnities within a few kms. I have a car and would buy nano for wife..
                    The plot has to be near road so that I can get some rubble dumped on my way till the tar road and create a rough road .. Cost 1 lakh.
                    7. problem of pests

Pests are everywhere. I saw a hug rat in my apartment yesterday night. They are climbing out of the bathroom drains now.
                    8. Child would have no one to play with
                    Child goes to school and day care and has enough play there..The current society has lots of kids but child tends not to go out to play that much. This may change in future as she grows older.

Positives that can be done ..

1. Rain water harvesting
                    2. Electricity generation using Wind Mill
                    3. vegetable garden
                    I liked your idea. I have similar kind of dream of living in outskirt of city. I own a small plot of 2000 sq. feet. though it is far from PMC limits(like 10-15 km) but its still close to market place. Water is the issue for now but planning to implement the same idea of bore well whenever I will build a bungalow there.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X