PUNE: After Pune, it could be destination Nashik for industry as Pune is fast running out of land. The vigorous land acuisition by the Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC) and private industry here is soon going to ensure this.

Sources said that the state government’s industrial infrastructure development arm is looking to create a land bank of between 10,000-20,000 hectares in the two cities, Pune and Nashik, with emphasis on the latter.

However, the attraction of destination Pune remains. MIDC is looking to acquire land for which notifications have been issued at Ranjangaon, Talegaon, Chakan, Karla and Khed.

The state government is believed to have received 1800 applications for the Chakan industrial area, 1100 for Ranjangaon and 600 for Talegaon. The land bank with the MIDC, Pune region, is close to being exhausted and it is facing problems in acquiring new land.

Industry experts think Nashik will prove to be the alternative to Pune. “Nashik, with it’s huge land availability, abudant water supply and connectivity with Mumbai offers ideal locations. It has got mild climate like Pune too,” sources said.
Read more
310 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Reality check. Two year down the line and its neither in Hot Cities nor in Emerging Cities list :D
    CommentQuote
  • So next in line is Nasik. Poor common non-IT people will have to shelve double/triple the amount to pay for flats in Nasik now.

Sometimes I feel that IT is proving to be a curse to the urban middle class!
    CommentQuote
  • IT is proving curse to IT people only :D

Everyone assumes IT guys are making money that they can buy 50 L flats in cash but poor fellas are always in fear of lay off and tension of loans :(
    CommentQuote
  • Actually, it's quite surprising that Nasik did not face the kind of music that Mumbai and Pune did. It never saw the bubble, and hence it never saw the crazy fall.

Samraat Group Projects, anyone with any idea on this builder in Nasik?
    CommentQuote
  • A bungalow in descent area can be bought for 40L in Nashik. Why then people would opt for flats then?
    CommentQuote
  • I agree with Realacres
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    A bungalow in descent area can be bought for 40L in Nashik. Why then people would opt for flats then?

Very good point.

From my point of view, I wouldn't spend 40L in Nasik, when it's only an investment, and I ain't ever going to park my backside there permanently?

Small ticket size, up to 20-25L, good area, that's my call. Please tell me I'm wrong, so I won't go and spend my money.

Oh! Pleeeeeeeeeeez stop me! :D
    CommentQuote
  • Agreed. It could be a pretty illiquid asset as number of buyers will be limited. Also one more reason that Pune saw IT boom wew due to following facts
    1) It was a cost effective place to set up large IT shop with relative close vicinity to Mumbai
    2) Good amount of educational institutes etc so IT shops had good supply of required talent pool
    3) Good amount place for expansion (lot of free land)
    4) Banglore infrastructure limits were tested (massive delays in travel. to travel a 8km strech would take 1 hour) and therefore biggies like Wipro etc moved focus to Pune
    5) Biggies needed a disaster backup area in case something goes wrong in Banglore (riots/earthquake etc - for riots its always better to bet on two different states to setup your backup).

Now Pune has started to see similar situation as Banglore but still situation is not that worse. The 4 km strech from bypass to Phase-1 at Hinjewadi takes 30 min to travel (but sitation still better on actual bypass though it would sonner of later require a 6 lane upgrade which I heard is plannrd by NHAI - Pune to Satara section). Not sure what's the sitation in other IT parks like Magarpatta. Unless state govt acts fast enough to solve the issue, the biggies will slowly start looking at other alternative (and Nasik would be one of contender though since it lies in same state as Pune may prove to be negetive point but vicinity to Mumbai proves to be major plus point ). Thanks to MNS once this situation was almost going to become real as I heard from my friends that biggies were thinking of not expanding any further in Pune and keep status quo on the size.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by compuwalah
    Thanks to MNS once this situation was almost going to become real as I heard from my friends that biggies were thinking of not expanding any further in Pune and keep status quo on the size.

That's some welcome news:).
    CommentQuote
  • In the long run, YES Nashik will emerge as alternative to pune and Mumabi-Pune-Nashik will be the three hot cities in Maharashtra.

Pune is home to lot of real estate inclined politicians specially in NCP which have made billions from pune real estate and in the short run they wont allow Nashik to compete with Pune until Pune is completely out of land and has little scope for mega-development.

Pune received lot of support from govt in many sectors which helped the city to forecast itself as investment destination and attract FDI appart from local companies.

it all depends upon govt (motives of politicians) rather than companies alone when they want to promote Nashik as next destination.

companies will move to Nashik only if there are IT parks and required SEZ concessions and infra.

though govt has propesed highways to interlink mumbai-pune-nashik much of the work needs to be done in reality.

Nashik will emerge as next investment destination but it has to wait for its due.
    CommentQuote
  • Ekta

Originally Posted by realacres
    That's some welcome news:).

Hi Friends,

Have anyone booked in EKTA GREENVILLE. pls share price and and any project information.
    Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • People always thought pune and mumbai as investment destination, but seeing the RE situation in those cities, nashik can be considered as next investment destination.

Some positives about nashik:
    1. Climate very pleasant
    2. Industry growth
    3. Bypass flyover of 8 km on NH4
    4. Road and railway connectivity (mumbai-bhusaval route) good, some trains dont halt at manmad, but they have stoppages at nashik
    5. Education hub engineering, medical university
    6. Still can buy land and construct a bungalow
    7. Close proximity from pune and mumbai

Cons:
    1. Nashik was always off radar from big politicos
    2. It sees major developments during khumbh mela once every 12 years. Next one is schedule on aug-2014
    3. No major IT company coming
    4. Good airport (though HAL has one, but it is 20kms towards ojhar)

An article showing nashik as 16th in development.
    ???? ??????? ????? ??????!-????? + ?. ??????????-??????????-Maharashtra Times
    CommentQuote
  • Nashik is one place very close to my heart.

Nashik is definitely one great place to live, it is not that big, neither that small. Very near to Mumbai, climate, fresh veggitables ... everything is great ... except, there is not much jobs.
    MIDC Satpur, Ambad and Sinner does not provide enough jobs so that you can have some options open all the times. There were few BPO company started but not sure ..

But surprisingly, RE price was never stagnant in Nashik as suggested by many people here, neither they are damn cheap. Over the year, price in Nashik skyrocketed like any other place.

Mahatma Nagar is one of the posh area in Nashik, where a well located 2BHK used to sell at 2.5-4 lakh in 1999. In 2005/6 the same flat zoomed to 18-22 lakhs and now the same flat costs something around 30-40 lakhs.

One duplex on main Mahatma Nagar road that I was seriously contemplating in buying at 12 lakh in 1998 is now cost more than a crore.

These are my first hand information, not imagination or online info.

This is the price when there are limited JOBS in Nashik, think what will happen when there are talk of BIG Ticket items!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ondabhai
    Nashik is one place very close to my heart.
    This is the price when there are limited JOBS in Nashik, think what will happen when there are talk of BIG Ticket items!!

Is that supposed to be something to be happy about :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by compuwalah
    Is that supposed to be something to be happy about :)

Depends on which side of the fence you are :bab (48):
    CommentQuote