Nashik : New Destination

Last updated: 1 day ago
647 | Posts
72377 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nashik : New Destination

PUNE: After Pune, it could be destination Nashik for industry as Pune is fast running out of land. The vigorous land acuisition by the Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC) and private industry here is soon going to ensure this.

Sources said that the state government’s industrial infrastructure development arm is looking to create a land bank of between 10,000-20,000 hectares in the two cities, Pune and Nashik, with emphasis on the latter.

However, the attraction of destination Pune remains. MIDC is looking to acquire land for which notifications have been issued at Ranjangaon, Talegaon, Chakan, Karla and Khed.

The state government is believed to have received 1800 applications for the Chakan industrial area, 1100 for Ranjangaon and 600 for Talegaon. The land bank with the MIDC, Pune region, is close to being exhausted and it is facing problems in acquiring new land.

Industry experts think Nashik will prove to be the alternative to Pune. “Nashik, with it’s huge land availability, abudant water supply and connectivity with Mumbai offers ideal locations. It has got mild climate like Pune too,” sources said.

Re : Nashik : New Destination

Reality check. Two year down the line and its neither in Hot Cities nor in Emerging Cities list

Comment

So next in line is Nasik. Poor common non-IT people will have to shelve double/triple the amount to pay for flats in Nasik now.

Sometimes I feel that IT is proving to be a curse to the urban middle class!

Comment

IT is proving curse to IT people only

Everyone assumes IT guys are making money that they can buy 50 L flats in cash but poor fellas are always in fear of lay off and tension of loans

Comment

Actually, it's quite surprising that Nasik did not face the kind of music that Mumbai and Pune did. It never saw the bubble, and hence it never saw the crazy fall.

Samraat Group Projects, anyone with any idea on this builder in Nasik?

Comment

A bungalow in descent area can be bought for 40L in Nashik. Why then people would opt for flats then?
            If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

I agree with Realacres

Comment

Originally posted by realacres View Post
                A bungalow in descent area can be bought for 40L in Nashik. Why then people would opt for flats then?
                Very good point.

From my point of view, I wouldn't spend 40L in Nasik, when it's only an investment, and I ain't ever going to park my backside there permanently?

Small ticket size, up to 20-25L, good area, that's my call. Please tell me I'm wrong, so I won't go and spend my money.

Oh! Pleeeeeeeeeeez stop me!

Comment

Agreed. It could be a pretty illiquid asset as number of buyers will be limited. Also one more reason that Pune saw IT boom wew due to following facts
                  1) It was a cost effective place to set up large IT shop with relative close vicinity to Mumbai
                  2) Good amount of educational institutes etc so IT shops had good supply of required talent pool
                  3) Good amount place for expansion (lot of free land)
                  4) Banglore infrastructure limits were tested (massive delays in travel. to travel a 8km strech would take 1 hour) and therefore biggies like Wipro etc moved focus to Pune
                  5) Biggies needed a disaster backup area in case something goes wrong in Banglore (riots/earthquake etc - for riots its always better to bet on two different states to setup your backup).

Now Pune has started to see similar situation as Banglore but still situation is not that worse. The 4 km strech from bypass to Phase-1 at Hinjewadi takes 30 min to travel (but sitation still better on actual bypass though it would sonner of later require a 6 lane upgrade which I heard is plannrd by NHAI - Pune to Satara section). Not sure what's the sitation in other IT parks like Magarpatta. Unless state govt acts fast enough to solve the issue, the biggies will slowly start looking at other alternative (and Nasik would be one of contender though since it lies in same state as Pune may prove to be negetive point but vicinity to Mumbai proves to be major plus point ). Thanks to MNS once this situation was almost going to become real as I heard from my friends that biggies were thinking of not expanding any further in Pune and keep status quo on the size.

Comment

Originally posted by compuwalah View Post
                    Thanks to MNS once this situation was almost going to become real as I heard from my friends that biggies were thinking of not expanding any further in Pune and keep status quo on the size.
                    That's some welcome news.
                    If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X