Last updated: 6 hours ago
647 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Nashik : New Destination

Relief for consumers: The new order:

For Consumers,
    Last time, I wrote about cupboards issue and there were expected reactions. Since then corporation has taken some initiatives w.r.t. consumers’ rights and it is important to make them aware of these.
    The usual complaint by consumers is that they are cheated in one or more of following ways.
    a. That the area sold to them is not as per plan approved by NMC.
    b. That the area sold to them is not as per actual measurements on the site.
    Often, the complaints are with respect to discrepancies in three types of measurements.
    1. Measurements as per approved plan
    2. Measurements as on site (actual location)
    3. Measurements as per sale deed
    (Note- Measurements on brochures or in advertisements may not always be as per approved plan. Therefore it is most important to see approved plans of NMC.)
    Any person can do measurement of various rooms of his flat. He can also see what is mentioned in the saledeed or agreement to sale. However, very often, an average citizen is unable to know what is mentioned in the approved plans of corporation. Mind well, it is illegal to sale more area than on approved plan. But how to get this approved plan?
    On 08/05/2015, NMC had issued press note requesting all citizens of Nashik to obtain the copy of approved plan of their flats/apartments from NMC at Xerox cost. (See press note below). There have been some enquiries by citizens in NMC since then.
    To make process less cumbersome, now NMC has decided to upload all these plans on our website. The work has already started and more than hundred plans are uploaded on website. Please visit bp.nmcutilities.in for this. You can search by putting various options or without them. We are also in process of putting all approved layouts on layouts.nmcutilities.in. Both these works are going on and till date few hundred plans are posted online. Actual number is in thousands and it will take some time.
    Meanwhile, since many plans are going to take some time for uploading due to huge number, we are also starting helpline 7030300300 (8am to 11pm) on which a citizen can request for a particular map and it will then be taken out and handed over to citizen on a fixed date. Citizens, thus can avoid coming to NMC office again and again.
    Both these facilities shall soon be available on “Smart Nashik” app as well.
    Further, NMC has also made it mandatory to mention floor area of rooms, etc on the map itself so that the citizen is aware of various areas. (See the order below). This should be of help in making citizens alert before they purchase the flat/apartment.
    Interestingly, I have come across couple of cases last month in which some citizens have approached District Consumer Forum. In one case, they had noticed discrepancies in various areas of rooms, parkings, etc as mentioned above and were finally awarded compensation/damages of more than Rs 25 lakh with 12% interest from the date of sale plus other sums. In another case, the consumers had complained about not getting occupation certificate from the builder due to builder’s fault and also got award in their favour.
    It must be noted that such options are available not only for those constructions which someone is going to purchase but also for those constructions which are purchased long back.
    I had received an interesting message a few days ago. It said, “when we purchase even vegetables, we argue with poor hawker if there is difference in weight. And when we are purchasing ‘home sweet home’ with our life’s savings, should we not be careful beforehand?”
    Think, decide and act

- Praveen Gedam

Link to the original post: https://www.facebook.com/praveengeda...54274583464337

Comment

Hey guys great topic.
      Now those living in Nasik please answer this
      Do you see dating couples or working couples in the shopping malls?
      Or
      Neither?

Rohit

Comment

Originally posted by rohit_warren View Post
        Hey guys great topic.
        Now those living in Nasik please answer this
        Do you see dating couples or working couples in the shopping malls?
        Or
        Neither?

Rohit
        What's the relevance to the topic? Can you elaborate?

Comment

Originally posted by anikale View Post
          What's the relevance to the topic? Can you elaborate?
          That is the indicator which I use to buy real estate.

If I see dating couples it's time to buy plots if I see working couples I invest in flats if I see neither then that place is not upto the mark from prospective for investment.

Rohit
          Last edited June 3 2016, 01:17 PM. Reason: Text formatting.

Comment

If I could suggest, we should avoid SMS language, Hindi/Marathi words while posting. Not related to this particular post.
            But I guess, proper use of language will make posts more appealing than appalling.

Have a nice day ahead.

Comment

That is the indicator which I use to buy real estate.

If I see dating couples it's time to buy plots if I see working couples I invest in flats if I see neither then that place is not upto the mark from prospective for investment.

Rohit
              LOLOLOLO......reallly funnny....lol.........

to add to that...."If you see extra marital affairs or PDA happening in the malls" then it is no

longer affordable to buy flats in that place...lolol

Comment

Originally posted by mmulye View Post
                LOLOLOLO......reallly funnny....lol.........

to add to that...."If you see extra marital affairs or PDA happening in the malls" then it is no

longer affordable to buy flats in that place...lolol
                There is a big logic behind what I said.

Comment

yes...the same logic applies to what i said......

though there are some cities which are inherently rich...like Chandigarh..(No double income required)..

Comment

Originally posted by mmulye View Post
                    yes...the same logic applies to what i said......

though there are some cities which are inherently rich...like Chandigarh..(No double income required)..
                    So what is the situation on the ground? Dating couples or working couples? Or married couples with different wife and husband :-P

Comment

• Re : Nashik : New Destination

So what is the situation on the ground? Dating couples or working couples? Or married couples with different wife and husband :-P
                      Visit Malls ( preferable whch are linked/attached with Multiplexes) , Art Galleries(if they exist) / Drama halls

during the period

Tue to Thursday...Time between : 11:00 to 5:00pm

IF you see that the malls / restaurants in the malls and multuplexes atleast half filled or busy....it is too late to invest in such a place...

I hope you know why Fri/sat/sun/mon not included...those days are for playing "the decent role of a family man/woman"
                      Last edited June 4 2016, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X