PUNE: After Pune, it could be destination Nashik for industry as Pune is fast running out of land. The vigorous land acuisition by the Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC) and private industry here is soon going to ensure this.

Sources said that the state government’s industrial infrastructure development arm is looking to create a land bank of between 10,000-20,000 hectares in the two cities, Pune and Nashik, with emphasis on the latter.

However, the attraction of destination Pune remains. MIDC is looking to acquire land for which notifications have been issued at Ranjangaon, Talegaon, Chakan, Karla and Khed.

The state government is believed to have received 1800 applications for the Chakan industrial area, 1100 for Ranjangaon and 600 for Talegaon. The land bank with the MIDC, Pune region, is close to being exhausted and it is facing problems in acquiring new land.

Industry experts think Nashik will prove to be the alternative to Pune. “Nashik, with it’s huge land availability, abudant water supply and connectivity with Mumbai offers ideal locations. It has got mild climate like Pune too,” sources said.
Read more
263 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • NDCC bank floats bid to sell assets of powerloom estate Tushar Pawar| TNN | Mar 5, 2018, 23:58 IST Nashik: The Nashik District Central Cooperative (NDCC) Bank has confiscated moveable and immovable properties of Renukadevi Power-loom Industrial Cooperative Estate from Malegaon for defaulting payment of Rs 14.26 crore.

    The bank has also floated a bid to sell the seized properties. In addition, the bank has given an ultimatum of a month to the estate to repay the payment or face the sale of its moveable and immovable properties.

    “We have already seized the power-loom unit at Malegaon and floated a bid for the sale of its movable and immovable properties, which include 1,215 sq metre land, plant and machinery. The last date for filing the bid will be 5.30 pm on April 4,” said the sources from the bank.

    The bid documents for the sale of the properties will be available during 10.30 am to 5.30 pm till April 4. The bids are to be opened on April 6. The bank has directed the estate to repay defaulted payment before the bids are opened.

    New chairman of NDCC Bank, Keda Aher, has focused on recovery of dues. He has started taking review meetings of bank officials at taluka level in the district. The leaves and holidays of the bank employees and officials have been cancelled till March 31 to make maximum recovery of dues from the defaulters.

    During the meeting of the directorial board of the bank last month, Aher had announced that he would start cost cutting from himself — giving up the bank allowance, honorarium and official vehicle in a bid to improve the financial condition of the bank.

    At present, the NDCC Bank has outstanding dues to the tune of Rs 3,000 crore. The bank hopes to recover some dues of farmers through farm waiver.

    The NDCC Bank has received Rs 429.63 crore as a loan waiver amount of 97,550 farmers and the amounts have been transferred to bank accounts of the farmers concerned.

    The NDCC Bank has recorded significant drop in disbursement of kharif and rabi crop loans during the current fiscal.

    The bank’s crop loan disbursement dropped by 88.34% to Rs 200.42 crore during this fiscal, against Rs 1,719.18 crore during the financial year 2016-17 owing to the poor financial condition of the bank.

    Farmers did not repay the loans with a hope that government will announce farm loan waiver.

  • Time-bound schedule in place to demolish illegal structures Sumita Sarkar| TNN | Updated: Mar 7, 2018, 23:45 IST
    Nashik: Going a step beyond the daily encroachment drives, the civic administration has come up with a time-bound programme for demolition and removing encroachments.

    As per the programme all Nashik Municipal Corporation (NMC) departments will have to work accordingly. The civic administration — undertaking severe actions against encroachments and unauthorised constructions — prepared this schedule on Wednesday for razing unauthorised structures. The NMC has also started filing offences against those resisting the drive.

    “We have prepared an administrative notice to streamline encroachment drives and ensure the action is taken in a systematic way,” an NMC official said.

    According to the schedule, the encroachment department should give a list of unauthorized or illegal structures and constructions to the town planning department within seven days for appropriate action.

    Whether the town planning department receives the list of unauthorised/illegal construction or change in use of property from the encroachment department or acquires the list on its own, the officials will have to visit the spot in 15 days.

    “If the town planning department finds that the constructions are unauthorised then it should slap notices to the owners. During the spot visit if the town planning department notices other unauthorised constructions or similar unauthorised constructions then it should serve notices to them as well. The deadline of these notices should be 15 days as per the Mumbai Municipal Corporations Act,” informed the town planning department.

    After receiving the first notice if the explanation is given by the receiver the town planning department has to see if it is satisfactory and then send a final notice. The maximum time for the notice will be 15 days.

    If no explanation is given then it has to be mentioned in the report and final notice of 15 days period should be issued. After the period of the first notice lapses, the final notice has to be given within seven days by the town planning department.

    Immediately after the period of the final notice gets over, the town planning department should send a report on unauthorised/illegal constructions to the encroachment department within seven days. If the unauthorised construction is RCC (reinforced cement concrete) type then approximate expense to demolish it should be mentioned.

    “However, there is no need to mention the expense to demolish temporary structures,” said an NMC official.

    “Hence, once the complaint is received the town planning department will take the action in 59 days,” he added.

    The encroachment department will have to maintain date-wise record of unauthorised structures as received from the town planning department. Independent register has to be maintained for unauthorised structures. Similarly, independent register will have to be maintained date-wise for encroachments on public places.

    After receiving the report from the town planning department, the encroachment department should visit the spots in ten days and give notice of 24 hours to the owners along with the expenses.

    If the encroachments/constructions come up again after demolition 24 hour notice should be given and then demolished. After the 24 hour period gets over, police bandobast and planning for action against encroachments should be done date-wise. Complaints of encroachment should be dealt with on first come first basis.


  • Conservation work to start after a week Sumita Sarkar| TNN | Updated: Mar 11, 2018, 13:11 IST

    NASHIK: Structural conservation of the 17th century Sundarnarayan temple, one of the most frequented temples by tourists, will start after a week.

    The state archaeological department is currently carrying out documentation work, where each stone is being marked. After a week, the work on replacing stones will start.

    Considering the temple’s weak structure, the department has decided to conduct structural conservation. The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) completed chemical conservation before Kumbh Mela, but vegetation growing around it had weakened the structure. Conservation will be done in a phase-wise manner.

    Vilas Wahane, assistant director of the archaeology department (Nashik), said, “At present, documentation is under way. We are numbering each stone. The development plan will also come to us in 3-4 days.”

    In July 2015, the ASI’s Aurangabad circle had initiated chemical conservation work on the temple. However, seeing the large number of cracks in stones of the temple, the ASI halted the chemical conservation work and sought permission for structural conservation.

    They said the stones have cracks in them and may loosen or give away over the next couple of years. Removing the surrounding vegetation and chemically conserving the temple was not sufficient as there were cracks in the stones.

    The state archaeology department, Nashik had written to its head office in September 2015 to conduct structural conservation. Administrative approval for Rs 4.51 crore and financial approval of Rs 2.5 crore was given for the work.

    “After numbering all stones, we will remove them one by one and replace the broken ones. We will fix them and put them back. The temple’s outer layer is damaged. We will do the conservation from the dome till the portion behind the sanctum sanctorum and ‘mandap’ in the first phase. Over the next 8-10 days, the numbering will be over, after which we will start actual work. The entire work will take a year,” Wahane said.

    The superstructure (dome) will first be dismantled, after which the stones will be removed.

  • NHAI spruces up infra on NH-03 Santosh Sonawane| TNN | Updated: Mar 11, 2018, 13:12 IST
    Representative image

    NASHIK: The National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) will soon inaugurate a series of infrastructural work on the Mumbai Agra highway (NH-03) passing through the city.

    An ingress point was built near a hotel to take the highway tow Mumbai from the service road. Apart from this, work on an exit ramp near Splendour hall to enter the city has also neared completion and is being brought to use. Another ingress road near State Bank of India (SBI) has also been constructed to take the highway to Dhule.

    The construction of the ingress point near a hotel was pending. Motorists going towards Mumbai in the stretch between Indiranagar and Pathardi Phata had to drive through the narrow service road, along the Mumbai-Agra highway to take the carriageway of the highway from Pathardi Phata junction, in case they could not take the highway from Indiranagar junction.

    On this backdrop, the ingress road was constructed near the hotel approximately 2.5km from the Indiranagar junction. With the construction of the ingress road, motorists now do not have to travel on the busy 7-meter narrow service road along the highway to reach the Pathardi Phata junction to take the highway for Mumbai, Thane and other places in the south direction.

    Similarly, the construction of an exit road from the highway has also been constructed near Splendour Hall. Motorists coming from the Dhule side who took the flyover from near K K Wagh college can now exit the highway near Splendour hall. Earlier, the only option to exit the highway was at Dwarka, if one took the flyover of the highway near K K Wagh College. If a motorist missed the exit ramp at Dwarka, they had to drive over 8km to exit the highway. On this backdrop, an additional exit ramp was constructed near Splendour Hall.

    After the widening of the highway around five years ago, commuters faced many difficulties. On this backdrop, a series of works were suggested to do away with the problems of commuters and pedestrians alike.

    Acting on this this, the NHAI took up various infrastructural work of the highway a few months ago. Senior officials of the NHAI said while the work has almost finished and the roads are also being used by motorists, the inauguration of the work will be done shortly.

    Among other infrastructural work, the NHAI was also getting a U-turn at Lekhanagar underpass, a subway near SBI junction, a pedestrian subway near Panchavati college and other work at Dahava Mail near Ozar.

    The work on the flyover from KK Wagh to Jatra hotel will also get done within a couple of years an NHAI official said, as this stretch of the Mumbai-Agra highway has witnessed a large number of accidents of motorists and pedestrians.


  • Official hails villagers' efforts on water conservation in Sinnar Abhilash Botekar| TNN | Updated: Mar 13, 2018, 10:12 IST The excavation of soil from the water reservoirs under the 'desilting' programme has got a big boost in the dr... Read More

    NASHIK: Secretary of water conservation and employment guarantee scheme Eknath Dawle hailed the efforts of the villagers in Sinnar taluka who were looking for water conservation measures to make the villages tanker-free.

    Dawle was at Sinnar to inaugurate the de-silting works in Konambe, Thangaon and Bhojapur minor irrigation tanks, where he lauded the works taken up by the local administration with the help of people's participation and a non-governmental organisation (NGO). "It is heartening to see that villagers, who once demanded tankers, are now joining hands for water conservation to ensure their villages are tanker free," he said.

    The excavation of soil from the water reservoirs under the 'desilting' programme has got a big boost in the drought-prone Sinnar, Yeola, Nandgaon and Malegaontalukas in the district with Sir Ratan Tata Trust supporting the same.

    Under the 'Gaal Mukta Dharan' and 'Gaal Yukta Shivar', the government has planned to remove the silt from the water reservoirs and give it to the farmers for free who can use the mineral rich content in their farms. It will reduce their dependency on fertilizers and increase storage of water resources. The Trust has decided to support the programme by providing machinery for earth excavation.

    Desilting in reservoirs has begun at Sinnar where Yuva Mitra, a local ngo, has joined hands with Tata Trust to provide manpower to pull out the silt from the dams and take it to farms. The government will bear the charges of earth movers deployed in the tanks. The trust has provided earth movers in Sinnar.

    "The drought-prone Sinnar taluka will benefit immensely from the programme. In all, 720 million cubic feet (mcft) of water will be effectively stored in the reservoirs after 20.4 lakh cubic metres of silt is removed from five storages," said Sagar Shinde, superintendent engineer, minor irrigation department (MID) of the water conservation department. He added the work will be carried out in the next two months.

    The government will only provide the fuel costs for the earth movers functioning at the water reservoirs at the rate of Rs 11 per cubic meter of soil unearthed. The measurement will be recorded and the payments will be made accordingly to the trust. The trust and the Yuva Mitra will provide vehicles for moving the silt.

    Similar exercise will also be carried out in Malegaon, Nandgaon and Yeola soon. In all, 44.3 lakh cubic meters of silt is expected to be removed creating a storage capacity of 2,033 million cubic feet of water in the four talukas.


  • Owners of only 15 of 3,000 illegal structures apply for regularisation Tushar Pawar| TNN | Updated: Mar 15, 2018, 10:54 IST

    NASHIK: Nashik Municipal Corporation (NMC) has so far received lukewarm response to its scheme for regularising illegal constructions across the city.

    In the last three-and-a-half months, ever since the civic body had issued notification to regularise these structures, it has received only 15 applications. According to civic body sources, there are over 3,000 such structures in the city.

    Last year, the NMC had issued a notification on December 1, inviting applications from builders, developers and owners of such constructions to get their unauthorised structures regularised by paying compounding charges. The NMC set a deadline of May 31 for regularising the illegal structures. A civic official confessed that the response has been rather poor. "We got only 15 applications. We don't know what is the reason, but people usually rush when deadline near," the official said. However, NMC officials are optimistic that in days to come the number of applications would swell and would increase its revenue.

    The move to regularise illegal constructions came after the state government issued a resolution on October 7 last year, stating unauthorised structures that came up before December 31, 2015 can be regularised by paying the compounding charges. The compounding charges are in the range from 10 to 30% of the Ready Reckoner (RR) rates depending on areas of illegal constructions. Apart from reservation on public utility places like playground, gardens and open spaces, unauthorised constructions on other reserved places wherein the reservation has been shifted to another location or cancelled and the land owner spent for that, the structures can be declared as compounded.

    Unauthorised constructions on rivers, pond, lakes, blue lines, defence/security areas, near heritage structures, at dumping ground, in environmentally sensitive area, on mountain slopes, coastal reserve zone, forest land, buffer zones, structurally unsafe buildings, development on land apart from residential, commercial and industrial land are not to be considered.

  • Nashik: Environment activists object to provisions in Project Goda Sumita Sarkar| TNN | Mar 14, 2018, 22:32 IST

    NASHIK: Environment activists have objected to certain provisions in Project Godaunder Smart City Mission.

    The activists led by Devang Jani will be meeting municipal commissioner Tukaram Mundhe on Thursday with a memorandum of their demands signed by 1599 citizens.

    Their demands include - 17 ancient ponds that are concealed beneath the concretisation in the river should be frees of the concrete and rejuvenated. These ponds were built by great leaders around 1700 BC. The memorandum mentions that the Rs 330 crore Project Goda includes a proposal of giving concrete look to River Godavari but there is no provision to rejuvenate the river and make it healthy. The activists said that they also objected to the diversion of River Aruna from the confluence of Aruna-Godavari at Ramkund. They demanded rejuvenation of major tributaries, Aruna and Varuna (Waghadi) that meet River Godavari.

    The memorandum appeals to the civic chief to make the river flow continuously once again by rejuvenating the natural springs hidden below the concrete.


  • 1,000 cycles to be available in smart city Sumita Sarkar| TNN | Updated: Mar 14, 2018, 09:48 IST
    NASHIK: The cycling capital will soon have 1,000 bicycles under the Smart City's public bicycle sharing concept.

    During the review meeting on Tuesday Nashik Municipal Corporation (NMC) chief Tukaram Mundhe asked officials to speed up work, refrain construction within blue line in Project Goda and finalise Smart Parking.

    On March 6, a private agency was given a letter of acceptance and told that they would have to make 1,000 bicycles available within six months in phases. "The initiative will start soon in under the public bicycle sharing system. The agency has already been appointed," Mundhe said, adding that the meeting was held to expedite projects and such meetings will be held once in a week or once in two weeks.

    He said that the work order for the pilot Smart Road from Ashok Stambh to Modak Point will be given next week. This week the letter of acceptance will be signed. "By March 31, tenders for internal roads and water supply will be floated. We did not get any response for tenders of Project Goda and so we have extended it till March 31," Mundhe said. "Tuesday was the last date for Smart Parking tender and we received bids from three vendors. We will finalise it by March 31," he added.