PUNE: After Pune, it could be destination Nashik for industry as Pune is fast running out of land. The vigorous land acuisition by the Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC) and private industry here is soon going to ensure this.

Sources said that the state government’s industrial infrastructure development arm is looking to create a land bank of between 10,000-20,000 hectares in the two cities, Pune and Nashik, with emphasis on the latter.

However, the attraction of destination Pune remains. MIDC is looking to acquire land for which notifications have been issued at Ranjangaon, Talegaon, Chakan, Karla and Khed.

The state government is believed to have received 1800 applications for the Chakan industrial area, 1100 for Ranjangaon and 600 for Talegaon. The land bank with the MIDC, Pune region, is close to being exhausted and it is facing problems in acquiring new land.

Industry experts think Nashik will prove to be the alternative to Pune. “Nashik, with it’s huge land availability, abudant water supply and connectivity with Mumbai offers ideal locations. It has got mild climate like Pune too,” sources said.
Read more
307 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by ondabhai
    Depends on which side of the fence you are :bab (48):

Right g'bhai. In that case I would say present prices of Pune flats are great deals :) . Now I know wmy Mumbaikars are investing in Pune and not in Nasik. Pay 30L for a place with no job, better pay 45L in place where there are jobs . Hinjewadi , M'patta, K'nagar plus lots small scale IT shope are here to stay. The automotive sector is also doing relatively good. Dedicated expressway connecting Mumbai. Plus many more. Better pay 10L+ premium now which one day may reach 30L ... by then ppl will also start looking at Nasik.
    CommentQuote
  • Who says their are no jobs, only apart from IT, major industries are in nashik, yes the pace of growth is slow (than pune and mumbai) but lots of companies are in MIDC of sinnar, satpur, ambad.

Can anyone build a bungalow with a budget of 40L in pune no one, but nashik is still developing and one can have dream house of his own choice. Nashik was always looked as pilgrimage place, the thing has changed now, i know lots of people from mumbai who are investing for property in nashik (though the appreciation is not as pune, mumbai) but it is within budget.

Pune RE is going out of control. Medium class has to think 100 times for buying a 1bhk, and that too they dont know when they will get possession or stay in rent.

Nashik has always got step mother treatment from political circle, or may be they are thinking first to swallow first pune/mumbai and then nashik.
    CommentQuote
  • When g'bhai and me were referring to jobs, it means some good paying jobs. That way you have jobs in Jhumritalaiyya also. But those are not what we are considering here.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ydkcool
    Who says their are no jobs, only apart from IT, major industries are in nashik, yes the pace of growth is slow (than pune and mumbai) but lots of companies are in MIDC of sinnar, satpur, ambad.

Can anyone build a bungalow with a budget of 40L in pune no one, but nashik is still developing and one can have dream house of his own choice. Nashik was always looked as pilgrimage place, the thing has changed now, i know lots of people from mumbai who are investing for property in nashik (though the appreciation is not as pune, mumbai) but it is within budget.

Pune RE is going out of control. Medium class has to think 100 times for buying a 1bhk, and that too they dont know when they will get possession or stay in rent.

Nashik has always got step mother treatment from political circle, or may be they are thinking first to swallow first pune/mumbai and then nashik.

No one said NO JOBS. There is a difference between NO and ENOUGH.

If your company got any trouble, it is not easy to find a similar job in the 3 MIDCs that you and me are repeating. It was fine for the earlier generation, who started and ended their service (career may not be right word) in one factory. Not so easy for current generation.

Skills and experience in manufacturing industries are sometime too s,peclialised that you don't find a similar position too quickly (in 3-6 months horizon). I have seen quite a few people to move from Nashik when some of the factories were closed in Nashik in way back 1998/99. That's the issue with Nashik, your option of jobs are limited.

Clever people were investing in Nashik from long back... probably now it is catching the fancy of neo-investors.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ondabhai
    No one said NO JOBS. There is a difference between NO and ENOUGH.

If your company got any trouble, it is not easy to find a similar job in the 3 MIDCs that you and me are repeating. It was fine for the earlier generation, who started and ended their service (career may not be right word) in one factory. Not so easy for current generation.

Skills and experience in manufacturing industries are sometime too s,peclialised that you don't find a similar position too quickly (in 3-6 months horizon). I have seen quite a few people to move from Nashik when some of the factories were closed in Nashik in way back 1998/99. That's the issue with Nashik, your option of jobs are limited.

Clever people were investing in Nashik from long back... probably now it is catching the fancy of neo-investors.

very true....as of now only govt job people r happy in nasik...due to 6th pay commision
    CommentQuote
  • The first major boom in RE was provided by Service Industry (IT, Call centres, BPO, KPO) and the cities that benefited most were Bangalore, Pune, Hyderabad, Gurgaon, Noida, Chandigrah and Mumbai suburbs.

The next major boom in RE will be fueled by Manufacturing Industry and Nashik, Igatpuri, Vasai and Dighi (kokan) in Maharashtra will stand to benefit.

DMIC :: Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor, An Indo-Japan Mega Infrastructure Project

DELHI – MUMBAI INDUSTRIAL CORRID

Large tracts of land are being reserved for manufacturing by MIDC in above areas.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ydkcool
    People always thought pune and mumbai as investment destination, but seeing the RE situation in those cities, nashik can be considered as next investment destination.

Some positives about nashik:
    1. Climate very pleasant
    2. Industry growth
    3. Bypass flyover of 8 km on NH4
    4. Road and railway connectivity (mumbai-bhusaval route) good, some trains dont halt at manmad, but they have stoppages at nashik
    5. Education hub engineering, medical university
    6. Still can buy land and construct a bungalow
    7. Close proximity from pune and mumbai

Cons:
    1. Nashik was always off radar from big politicos
    2. It sees major developments during khumbh mela once every 12 years. Next one is schedule on aug-2014
    3. No major IT company coming
    4. Good airport (though HAL has one, but it is 20kms towards ojhar)

An article showing nashik as 16th in development.
    ???? ??????? ????? ??????!-????? + ?. ??????????-??????????-Maharashtra Times

Good summary.
    The biggest Cons is not mentioned here. The trade union is very strong in Nashik. This has killed the industrial growth in Nashik. The Sinner MIDC ( the first five star MIDC ) is developed more than 10 yrs back. Still it is not successful in getting significant companies in this MIDC. The reason is stated above. The one of major company in Nashik, MICO has expanded in other location but not in Nashik. Unless this situation improves, the industry growth is a question.

The price of RE ia already ahead of time in Nashik. Four years back, the psf quoted near Vijay Mamta ( now Fame) was equal to Bavdhan price in Pune. Which was not justifiable.

Please correct me if the situation is improved in this regard.
    CommentQuote
  • I like Nasik. Especially its weather. Besides the fruits and veggies quality is outstanding :) But my impression strictly as a visitor is, it is bit of a 'rural' town, with many farming villages around. The weather is pleasent, and the good people are really kind, but there is a good amount of rowdy people, and fights for getting seats in train/bus are very regular. Besides, the rickshaw-wala's are key competitors for the top spot in 'worst looters in the history of rickshaws'!

No offence, please! These are only my views.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ani_meher
    I like Nasik. Especially its weather. Besides the fruits and veggies quality is outstanding :) But my impression strictly as a visitor is, it is bit of a 'rural' town, with many farming villages around. The weather is pleasent, and the good people are really kind, but there is a good amount of rowdy people, and fights for getting seats in train/bus are very regular. Besides, the rickshaw-wala's are key competitors for the top spot in 'worst looters in the history of rickshaws'!

Perspective changes when you live in a place... you learn to get rid of all those nonsenses that are present in all the cities in one or the other form.... be it in India or outside ... look at recent riots in London/UK.... I had seen similar riot in Surat / Ahmedabad!!

Rickshawlala are looters in every city, depends on location, timings and your awareness about the area/place. Ask people about Delhi or Chennai!!! Dadar railway station in Mumbai sucks any NEW looking person or locals with constraints (such as with kids or luggage)

Rowdy people are everywhere, you need to learn to spot them and avoid them. You want to say Mumbai or Pune does not have all those?

My view is, never feedback about a city or region based on a 2 day trip.... you must stay there atleast a year to understand good and bad things of that city at different time.

Summer climate in Nashik may not be that good and Nashik used to had one day compulsory power cut off!! .. but that is a small issue to grade an entire city.

After the rainy season, Nashik is like a hill station .. I still remember those rides to Triambhak!! Those long rides to Mumbai or Jahawar or Saptashrungi!!

Public transport was non existent in Nashik... but Pune was not much better either, depends on what are you comparing with what.
    CommentQuote
  • ondabhaim, I am not belitteling Nashik at all! Please excuse if someone feels that way. In fact the houses I stayed in Nashik were really great. I just noted my observations, that's all.
    CommentQuote
    I like Nasik. Especially its weather. Besides the fruits and veggies quality is outstanding :) But my impression strictly as a visitor is, it is bit of a 'rural' town, with many farming villages around. The weather is pleasent, and the good people are really kind, but there is a good amount of rowdy people, and fights for getting seats in train/bus are very regular. Besides, the rickshaw-wala's are key competitors for the top spot in 'worst looters in the history of rickshaws'!

+1, love Nashik too. It's my hometown, hence a little bit more love towards it :)

But frankly speaking, I personally feel really good and calm..once entering tht city..traffic is not soo much, as it is pune...traffic sense is much much better, climate is nice, and lot of "green" places to visit nearby. Although RE prices have skyrocketed in last few years...the mumbai-pune type floor rise concept is seen now, areas like mahatma nagar, college road, canada corner have rates equal to 4 - 4.5K.
    CommentQuote
    ondabhaim, I am not belitteling Nashik at all! Please excuse if someone feels that way. In fact the houses I stayed in Nashik were really great. I just noted my observations, that's all.

No worries dear... you observed some of the key elements of a place.. people. In general, people are more friendly and approachable in Nashik. Good people are there everywhere, thoda kam ya jyada.. that's it.

All places are good! it's our perspective only.
    CommentQuote
  • Desperate to get some first hand information on nashik from locals.

Originally Posted by HemantDesh
    Good summary.
    The biggest Cons is not mentioned here. The trade union is very strong in Nashik. This has killed the industrial growth in Nashik. The Sinner MIDC ( the first five star MIDC ) is developed more than 10 yrs back. Still it is not successful in getting significant companies in this MIDC. The reason is stated above. The one of major company in Nashik, MICO has expanded in other location but not in Nashik. Unless this situation improves, the industry growth is a question.

The price of RE ia already ahead of time in Nashik. Four years back, the psf quoted near Vijay Mamta ( now Fame) was equal to Bavdhan price in Pune. Which was not justifiable.

Please correct me if the situation is improved in this regard.

Dear Friends,
    I have been a regular viewer of this website, although i have not posted many threads or replies. I am also a comman man like all of us and in a bit of a difficulty, thought some one could help me here to get some real information on Nashik. Those who can share some info, i thank them in advance.

I am looking to buy my first house since 5 years, since then i have not been able to understand the high prices of real estate, i have looked over 50 to 70 houses resale and new but i found nothing which can be value for money.

These days as my hunt is going on i have decided to relocate from Mumbai to Nashik. I have been to Nashik 3 -4 times and every time i visit Nashik i feel good. so after a long thought process and with my wife's approval, i have decided to relocate to Nashik from Mumbai.

From my knowledgeble friends if they want to share, i would like to know the price of a 2 bhk apartment in a upcomming good area which is in a budget of 20 to 22 lakhs basic price.

I request my good friends who post thier views on this website to pls guide me if they can suggest me a decent secured locality where bussiness comunity, proffessionals and cream crowd are residing.

Please forgive if i have written wrongly.

Thank you
    B.regards
    Sunijani.
    CommentQuote
  • Janibhai,
    You never mentioned what is your profession, where you work, do you need to travel to Mumbai frequently, do you have school/college going kids, how old are you and so on.

Home is meant for individual and every individual has his/her unique requirements.

In general, Mahatma Nagar, Parijat Nagar College Road, Canada Corner, Gangapur Road, Cidco are all so nice areas. Even Nashik Road is so nice now.

I also moved from Mumbai to Nashik and for me it was so refreshing ... although few of my friends had opposite experience.

I would suggest you to visit Nashik for few days, get a feel of different areas and choose the one that matches your chemistry.
    CommentQuote
  • This is my first post on this forum, been a long time lurker (atleast 3 years from what I remember !)

Coming to Nasik, I feel at the moment the prices there are over inflated. Lets leave aside the largely emotional issues of weather, quality of vegetable etc - these dont affect Real estate prices. What does affect RE prices IMO are the number of high paying jobs available (or the future expectation of such), quality of educational institutions, importance as a trading hub etc.

Does the Nasik economy really have enough middle class jobs with decent incomes to sustain real estate prices like these ? I highly doubt it. There are very few large corporations in Nasik, Mahindra, Mico, VIP (?) the list stops very soon, and here too they have mostly manufacturing industry. Little to no IT, Telecom, presence. There are a few small IT companies in the city but thats it. There are 3-4 BPOs in the city which is hardly enough to fuel real estate growth. To add to this, a lot of industrial projects which were supposed to come up here have been cancelled or frozen. There is the Indiabulls SEZ that is coming up in Sinnar though, which may partly be the reason why Nasik Road and Sinnar prices have gone through the roof, but I dont expect too many high earning individuals to come there in comparison to PCMC or Hinjewadi.

Then why is the price suddenly sky rocketing ? Here's my guess : Investors from Mumbai and Pune, for whom real estate has already become unaffordable in their respective cities are starting to look at Nasik as an investment destination. So if and when prices in these cities start to rationalize, we may see some sort of sanity returning to the Nasik real estate market.

I was checking out recently, houses in College road now a days cost upwards of Rs 50 lakh rupees ! How many people in Nasik earn the kind of money to pay 30-40-50k as EMI each month ? The number is limited to the entrepreneurs and a tiny number of working professionals.

IMHO, you should hold off on investing in Nasik, till some fundamentals are in place there : Jobs, education, infrastructure.
    CommentQuote