PUNE: After Pune, it could be destination Nashik for industry as Pune is fast running out of land. The vigorous land acuisition by the Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC) and private industry here is soon going to ensure this.

Sources said that the state government’s industrial infrastructure development arm is looking to create a land bank of between 10,000-20,000 hectares in the two cities, Pune and Nashik, with emphasis on the latter.

However, the attraction of destination Pune remains. MIDC is looking to acquire land for which notifications have been issued at Ranjangaon, Talegaon, Chakan, Karla and Khed.

The state government is believed to have received 1800 applications for the Chakan industrial area, 1100 for Ranjangaon and 600 for Talegaon. The land bank with the MIDC, Pune region, is close to being exhausted and it is facing problems in acquiring new land.

Industry experts think Nashik will prove to be the alternative to Pune. “Nashik, with it’s huge land availability, abudant water supply and connectivity with Mumbai offers ideal locations. It has got mild climate like Pune too,” sources said.
Read more
296 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by chat2chat2
    Hi forum members from Nashik. ...will appreciate reply to above post.....

Thing is that, most are investors/speculators...

Who are end users??
    Land is available in plenty. 15 lakh population, however salaries in Nashik are not insane like in Mumbai or Pune.
    Rental yield is abysmal. At college road/Gangapur road, a 2/3 BHK property will fetch you 8-9k. That indicates oversupply of investors properties and lack of end users.

^^ Everything written above is as per my (rather poor) analysis of situation and experience of my Brother-in-law.
    CommentQuote
  • SuperB... ;-)

Originally Posted by Manju1449
    Thing is that, most are investors/speculators...

Who are end users??
    Land is available in plenty. 15 lakh population, however salaries in Nashik are not insane like in Mumbai or Pune.
    Rental yield is abysmal. At college road/Gangapur road, a 2/3 BHK property will fetch you 8-9k. That indicates oversupply of investors properties and lack of end users.

^^ Everything written above is as per my (rather poor) analysis of situation and experience of my Brother-in-law.

IT industry is driving the Pune...

Don't compare nashik witj Mumbai/Pune

No rail, road connection with major cities of MH or other cities on India.

just think.."talegoan"(on NH 4/mumbai-pune road) is flop show..which was hyped as 2nd home for pune/mumbai ppl...in 2007-2010.
    CommentQuote
  • Credai Nashik to set up panel to look into consumers' issues with builders

The objective is to resolve differences between consumers and builders in a timely fashion and ensure consumer satisfaction and bring transparency

NASHIK: The Confederation of Real Estate Developers' Association of India's (Credai) Nashik will set up a committee to address differences between consumers and builders.

The objective is to resolve differences between consumers and builders in a timely fashion and ensure consumer satisfaction. The association is also setting up an assisting committee to support its members who face challenges while starting projects.

Speaking to TOI, Sunil Kotwal, president, Credai (Nashik) said, "The committee is to be set up shortly, maybe in a week or two. It will focus on resolving the differences at the earliest to speed up projects. The differences may be anything like tiles variation and colour variations due to manufacturing ."

He added, "This will not only bring us transparency, but will also strengthen the relationship between consumers and builders.

Kotwal said, "Association members are facing several issues in the city. There are issues like sanctioning building plans and getting Building Completion Certificates. Considering this fact, we have also decided to set up a member assistance committee which will help the association members in resolving their issues".

"We are focusing on branding residential and commercial projects across the city to attract those who are on keen on buying properties. As part of this, we recently conducted three-day property exhibition in the city with footfall of 15,000 visitors. Around 35 flats worth Rs 10 crore were booked on the spot during three-day expo," said Kotwal.

Credai, Nashik has also created a data bank of 15,000 visitors pertaining to their requirement of flats with locations of their choice. This data is to be circulated to all members of the association so that maximum enquires can be converted into bookings within a few months.

Credai Nashik to set up panel to look into consumers' issues with builders | ET RealEstate
    CommentQuote
  • That in other words means sales are poor in Nashik.
    Else they would have displayed attitude of of Pune Credai - If you want, take else go to next builder.

Color of tiles :) :) ROLAF ... man you don't know how advanced are Pune builders . Color of tiles maybe some priority 10000 miles away.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by compuwalah
    That in other words means sales are poor in Nashik.
    Else they would have displayed attitude of of Pune Credai - If you want, take else go to next builder.

Color of tiles :) :) ROLAF ... man you don't know how advanced are Pune builders . Color of tiles maybe some priority 10000 miles away.

Nashik is a dead destination for RE for another 4-5 years minimum...rates still around
    2800 to 3000...

Only significant political leader ..is now behind bars....so who is going to get investment into Nasik ??

It is still a glorified village at best.....even kolhapur/Solapur is better developed
    CommentQuote
  • 7,145 flats under construction in Nashik city: CREDAI

Of 35 builders, six builders are constructing around 5,500 flats across the city, while rest of 2,130 flats are under construction by remaining 29 builders.

NASHIK: Around 7,145 flats by 35 major builders are under constructions across the city, while 450 ready constructed by unsold flats are lying idle in the city, according to primary survey of the Confederation of Real Estate Developers Association of India (CREDAI) Nashik.

The CREDAI Nashik has started conducting survey of builders in the city in a bid to know the real status of the ready constructed but unsold flats and flats under constructions in the city. The CREDAI Nashik conducted survey of 35 of total 258 members so far in the city, while survey of remaining member builders are to be conducted, shortly.

Speaking to TOI, Sunil Kotwal, president, CREDAI Nashik said, "We have started conducting survey of ready flats and residential project under constructions. The survey is yet to be completed. But as per the primary survey of major 35 builders, there are around 450 ready but unsold flats in the city, while around 7,145 flats are under constructions at various pockets across the city." He added, "They are to be completed in phases over next five years."

Of 35 builders, six builders are constructing around 5,500 flats across the city, while rest of 2,130 flats are under construction by remaining 29 builders.

7,145 flats under construction in Nashik city: CREDAI | ET RealEstate
    CommentQuote
  • That probably means prices will remain in check. As people mainly buying are one who plan to settle in Nasik after their work tenure (or earlier) or people from nearby villages or maybe few Mumbaikars who find Pune RE unaffordable.

However 7K may not be a significant number given population of India.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mmulye
    Nashik is a dead destination for RE for another 4-5 years minimum...rates still around
    2800 to 3000...

Only significant political leader ..is now behind bars....so who is going to get investment into Nasik ??

It is still a glorified village at best.....even kolhapur/Solapur is better developed

Glorified village? Comparing with other cities? Seems you have no idea what the scale of MIDC and manufacturing industries in Nashik. Seems you have never seen Nashik infrastructure.
    And the politician you talking about never did anything for Nashik (apart from a flyover) so as it no one counts on him.

Yes investment is slow as the entire market is slow. the rates you mentioned wont get you a good flat in a good area. In good areas it is minimum 4000+
    The local NIMA (Nashik Industries & Manufacturers' Association) and local government is lobbying very hard for more industries specially IT. If it gets successful then surely its a paradise destination to invest. However for now its a peaceful city to live and enjoy life with a steady increase in returns not exponential.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by umesh05
    Glorified village? Comparing with other cities? Seems you have no idea what the scale of MIDC and manufacturing industries in Nashik. Seems you have never seen Nashik infrastructure.
    And the politician you talking about never did anything for Nashik (apart from a flyover) so as it no one counts on him.

Yes investment is slow as the entire market is slow. the rates you mentioned wont get you a good flat in a good area. In good areas it is minimum 4000+
    The local NIMA (Nashik Industries & Manufacturers' Association) and local government is lobbying very hard for more industries specially IT. If it gets successful then surely its a paradise destination to invest. However for now its a peaceful city to live and enjoy life with a steady increase in returns not exponential.

Seems you have invested in Nashik or a local resident...anyway let me clarify...
    What is a city depends on the places you have visited..mumbai. New york, london,,or Pune..etc

First and foremost RE prices rise mostly because of IT industries and not manufacturing (Banglore,Pune, to some extent Delhi)..Mumbai is financial capital..so thats different..
    MIDC is here there everywhere..,,High salaries in mfg is limited to 3-4% of employees .
    MIDC is in talegaon..rates 2700 for last 2/3 years...
    Now tell me abut Nashik (though i go to this place every year...a gruelling 6 hours from pune...no good connectivity to Nashik)

- How many Multiplexes / McD's /Tanishqs(branded jewellery shops)/ Pizza Huts/ 5 star/3 star hotels ?
    - How many IT companies with more than 300+ employees...(IT not BPO's)
    - How many MNC mfg companies?
    - How many Engineering /Medical colleges ?
    -How many buildings(completed) with 10+ floors and how many with swimming pools ?
    ...i think this will be enough...

Vascon was the first good builder to enter and have burnt their fingers....Paranjape's were the next...integrated township....a "Super flop"........
    - only 1 road ..college road/indira nagar shows some resemblance of a developed area..

The going rate is 3000/- (stagnant for last 3-4 years)....which is the rate of talegaon/pirangut/shirwal etc areas around Pune which are still in "gram panchayat" and are classifed as under developed /fringe areas..

NIMA can do whatever they want..no industry will enter in Nashil since no "educated workforce" is available...60-70% people are phetewalas..(chech the CBS orrailway station)

Good luck to those who invested....hope they get more returns than their savings account..(not even FD!)
    CommentQuote
    Seems you have invested in Nashik or a local resident...anyway let me clarify...
    What is a city depends on the places you have visited..mumbai. New york, london,,or Pune..etc

First and foremost RE prices rise mostly because of IT industries and not manufacturing (Banglore,Pune, to some extent Delhi)..Mumbai is financial capital..so thats different..
    MIDC is here there everywhere..,,High salaries in mfg is limited to 3-4% of employees .
    MIDC is in talegaon..rates 2700 for last 2/3 years...
    Now tell me abut Nashik (though i go to this place every year...a gruelling 6 hours from pune...no good connectivity to Nashik)

- How many Multiplexes / McD's /Tanishqs(branded jewellery shops)/ Pizza Huts/ 5 star/3 star hotels ?
    - How many IT companies with more than 300+ employees...(IT not BPO's)
    - How many MNC mfg companies?
    - How many Engineering /Medical colleges ?
    -How many buildings(completed) with 10+ floors and how many with swimming pools ?
    ...i think this will be enough...

Vascon was the first good builder to enter and have burnt their fingers....Paranjape's were the next...integrated township....a "Super flop"........
    - only 1 road ..college road/indira nagar shows some resemblance of a developed area..

The going rate is 3000/- (stagnant for last 3-4 years)....which is the rate of talegaon/pirangut/shirwal etc areas around Pune which are still in "gram panchayat" and are classifed as under developed /fringe areas..

NIMA can do whatever they want..no industry will enter in Nashil since no "educated workforce" is available...60-70% people are phetewalas..(chech the CBS orrailway station)

Good luck to those who invested....hope they get more returns than their savings account..(not even FD!)

Hey,

So according to you, even kolhapur/Solapur is better developed. So few questions:
    1. Do you mean rates are at 6000 sqft in "kolhapur/Solapur"?
    2. How many Multiplexes / McD's /Tanishqs(branded jewellery shops)/ Pizza Huts/ 5 star/3 star hotels are their in "kolhapur/Solapur"? Nashik has all of these.
    3. How many IT companies with more than 300+ employees in "kolhapur/Solapur" ? Nashik has few like Netwin sytesms, ESDS. It's not a real IT destinaton, I agree.
    4. How many MNC mfg companies in "kolhapur/Solapur" ? Nashik has many like Bosch, mahindra.
    5. How many buildings(completed) with 10+ floors and how many with swimming pools in "kolhapur/Solapur"? Nasik has many 12+ story buildings either ready or under construction. How much flats are sold is a different question.

I am not saying that Nasik is a real HOT destination and one should go invest there, but in one of your previous comment you called it as "Glorified village", so just curious.

PS: Pune road being widened 4 lane, and 60% is completed, the rest will be completed in a year (let's hope).
    CommentQuote
  • Nasik may not be a high-flying city. But for an entire generation of older folks in Maharashtra it was the first City they heard of at school.

Does anyone remember:

This is Nitin
    He is Six
    He lives in Nasik
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sudhashbahu
    Nasik may not be a high-flying city. But for an entire generation of older folks in Maharashtra it was the first City they heard of at school.

Does anyone remember:

This is Nitin
    He is Six
    He lives in Nasik

Nasik is known more for it being a pilgrimage site...and everyone has to go to for last rites etc in godavari river..* Nasik..

Knowing a place and it becoming a city because it is known is ridiculous...

If a place is not a City/town...it becomes a village..accept it or not...
    anikale; Please visit kolhapur...also more chances of faster and better development in kolhapur is because the govt is making mumbai to banglore..highway as mfg/Services belt...industries on both sides...just a simple fact ...look at halat of "goda park" and compare it with "rankala" ..shows how the municipalties work at both places...

Pune-Nasik road becoming 4 lane...may be after 4-5 years...(it was 40% complete 3 years back!!)...compare that to Pune-kilhapur 6 lane....also pune to kolhapure is 2 hours drive,,,so Pune's development extenstion will be Kolhapur...(Pune was mumbai's development extention 8-10 years back)
    CommentQuote
    also pune to kolhapure is 2 hours drive

Sir, I guess Pune to Kolhapur takes 5-6 hours. By the way, I do feel, we should look at Nashik, Satara, Kolhapur, Aurangabad and avoid more congestion at Pune and Mumbai. This will help us all.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BizBoy
    Sir, I guess Pune to Kolhapur takes 5-6 hours. By the way, I do feel, we should look at Nashik, Satara, Kolhapur, Aurangabad and avoid more congestion at Pune and Mumbai. This will help us all.

MSRTC volvo ...takes 3 hours ..with a stopover for snacks (it also icludes time taken by conductor to talk to his girlfriend / wife,,,and long loo periods.....lololol)....hopefully for a private vehicle will take 2 hours....( at night time it takes 1.5 hours...check redbus schedulles)...

(I have travelled in both forms volvo/pvt vehicle)

yeah nice to say we should move to satara etc.....but one who own homes in Pune mumba will not shift but will expect others to shift,,,,typical hypocracy......( Army is good...but my son will not join it...but expect the negihbour's son join it)
    CommentQuote
    hopefully for a private vehicle will take 2 hours....( at night time it takes 1.5 hours...check redbus schedulles)...

Sir as per Google distance is 239 KM. Not saying, can not do but 2 hours look doubtful for me. 3 hours is fair. My mistake about 5-6 hours.
    I had travelled by ordinary ST bus, it takes around 5-6 hours.

https://www.google.co.uk/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=Eh1MV83GFdDU8geVq6rIDg&gws_rd=ssl#q=pune+to+kolhapur+distance
    CommentQuote