PUNE: After Pune, it could be destination Nashik for industry as Pune is fast running out of land. The vigorous land acuisition by the Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC) and private industry here is soon going to ensure this.

Sources said that the state government’s industrial infrastructure development arm is looking to create a land bank of between 10,000-20,000 hectares in the two cities, Pune and Nashik, with emphasis on the latter.

However, the attraction of destination Pune remains. MIDC is looking to acquire land for which notifications have been issued at Ranjangaon, Talegaon, Chakan, Karla and Khed.

The state government is believed to have received 1800 applications for the Chakan industrial area, 1100 for Ranjangaon and 600 for Talegaon. The land bank with the MIDC, Pune region, is close to being exhausted and it is facing problems in acquiring new land.

Industry experts think Nashik will prove to be the alternative to Pune. “Nashik, with it’s huge land availability, abudant water supply and connectivity with Mumbai offers ideal locations. It has got mild climate like Pune too,” sources said.
Read more
310 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by BizBoy
    Sir as per Google distance is 239 KM. Not saying, can not do but 2 hours look doubtful for me. 3 hours is fair. My mistake about 5-6 hours.
    I had travelled by ordinary ST bus, it takes around 5-6 hours.

https://www.google.co.uk/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=Eh1MV83GFdDU8geVq6rIDg&gws_rd=ssl#q=pune+to+kolhapur+distance

Bizboy
    Check this at redbus
    Ashray Travels Ashray Gold
    Volvo A/C Multi Axle Sleeper(2+1)

10:30 PM -11:59 PM
    Duration 01:29 Hrs

Also if you travel by KSRTC volvo buses to Belgaum/Hubli...via pune..cover the distance in 1.5 hours..ofcourse all are night buses..and nonstop...

Also dont trust everything on Net...especially in maps/distances....since the road network and mapping in india is still in nascent stage...also..when you travel from one city to other..where you start and where you end in each city matters a lot....(in mumbai pune...you travel fastest on expressway...but from Vashi to Churchgate or borivali can be a nightmare)

But bizboy you agreed to your error...which is great thing...!!!!...zindagi mein agee badhoge if you continue with this positve attitude....!!....Truce..3 hours..

(PS: no "Sir" business in forum...)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mmulye
    Nasik is known more for it being a pilgrimage site...and everyone has to go to for last rites etc in godavari river..* Nasik..

Knowing a place and it becoming a city because it is known is ridiculous...

If a place is not a City/town...it becomes a village..accept it or not...
    anikale; Please visit kolhapur...also more chances of faster and better development in kolhapur is because the govt is making mumbai to banglore..highway as mfg/Services belt...industries on both sides...just a simple fact ...look at halat of "goda park" and compare it with "rankala" ..shows how the municipalties work at both places...

Pune-Nasik road becoming 4 lane...may be after 4-5 years...(it was 40% complete 3 years back!!)...compare that to Pune-kilhapur 6 lane....also pune to kolhapure is 2 hours drive,,,so Pune's development extenstion will be Kolhapur...(Pune was mumbai's development extention 8-10 years back)

Obviously the questions show that you still have half knowledge about the city. I still find it ridiculous why you think that Nasik is a village. What is your definition of a city?
    You mean to say 15lakh plus people of Nasik actually reside in a village? Its the 26th most populous city in India. You mean to say so many people can feed themselves just because its a religious site?
    Please dont blame the municipalities. Again just go to the city and have a look at the infrastructure. Far better, organised than others. Dont just compare one thing GodaPark.

Pune Nasik highway Yes its being on from years. But due to political hurdle. Some politician wanted to transfer the industries to his city. AS soon as the government changed the highway work is superfast and on priority.

>> NIMA can do whatever they want..no industry will enter in Nashil since no "educated workforce" is available...60-70% people are phetewalas..(chech the CBS orrailway station)
    Answer: Nasik has 10+ engineering colleges, 4 medical colleges. (Although i highly find amusing how you expect educated people working at Bus stand or Railway Stations)

>> The going rate is 3000/- (stagnant for last 3-4 years)....which is the rate of talegaon/pirangut/shirwal etc areas around Pune which are still in "gram panchayat" and are classifed as under developed /fringe areas..
    Answer: I dont know where you heard this rate. A friend of mine bought flat at 2700 at the outskirts of the city almost at the end of city. Good areas it is atleast 4000. And for your information from last 2-3 years all property rates are more or less the same in other cities also including Pune.

>> MIDC is here there everywhere..,,High salaries in mfg is limited to 3-4% of employees
    Answer: Again amusing. Do you know the average salary of workers in Bosch? 30,000
    Most of the company's employees are engineers who have a start package of 25,000-30,000 atleast.

>> First and foremost RE prices rise mostly because of IT industries and not manufacturing (Banglore,Pune, to some extent Delhi)..Mumbai is financial capital..so thats different.
    Agreed to some extent but what about Hyderabad which is IT with low RE? and chennai ?

>> Now tell me abut Nashik (though i go to this place every year...a gruelling 6 hours from pune...no good connectivity to Nashik)
    Answer: Pune is not the only city in the world. See the connectivity through Mumbai, Indore, Surat, Aurangabad.

>> Please visit kolhapur...also more chances of faster and better development in kolhapur is because the govt is making mumbai to banglore..highway as mfg/Services belt...industries on both sides...
    Answer: You are contradicting yourself. You said prices rise due to IT industry and only 3-4% of people get good salaries in Manufacturing industry, so how you expect the prices to rise in Kolhapur?

>> How many Multiplexes / McD's /Tanishqs(branded jewellery shops)/ Pizza Huts/ 5 star/3 star hotels ?
    - How many IT companies with more than 300+ employees...(IT not BPO's)
    - How many MNC mfg companies?
    - How many Engineering /Medical colleges ?
    -How many buildings(completed) with 10+ floors and how many with swimming pools ? Thanks for answering this @anikale

>> Good luck to those who invested....hope they get more returns than their savings account..(not even FD!)
    Answer: One of my close relatives have invested in land in Motiwala College area and Makhmalabad area. Their values is almost 2.5 times in last 5 years. Last 2 years the realty market is pretty stagnant everywhere. Even Kolte Patil is selling at 5500 which is ironically lower than what it started 5600 around a year back in Wakad.

I would like to mention again.
    The local NIMA (Nashik Industries & Manufacturers' Association) and local government is lobbying very hard for more industries specially IT. If it gets successful then surely its a paradise destination to invest. However for now its a peaceful city to live and enjoy life with a steady increase in returns not exponential.
    CommentQuote
  • I would fully agree with umesh05;
    High RE prices are the only thing which makes a city - a real city.
    I have spent a lot time in Nashik and it has practically all the facilities which make a city a city,while still retaining the charm of of a smaller town.
    I had a flat in Nashik on Trimbhakeswar Road and in 6 years price had doubled when I sold to move out.
    CommentQuote
    Nasik is known more for it being a pilgrimage site...and everyone has to go to for last rites etc in godavari river..* Nasik..

Knowing a place and it becoming a city because it is known is ridiculous...

If a place is not a City/town...it becomes a village..accept it or not...
    anikale; Please visit kolhapur...also more chances of faster and better development in kolhapur is because the govt is making mumbai to banglore..highway as mfg/Services belt...industries on both sides...just a simple fact ...look at halat of "goda park" and compare it with "rankala" ..shows how the municipalties work at both places...

Pune-Nasik road becoming 4 lane...may be after 4-5 years...(it was 40% complete 3 years back!!)...compare that to Pune-kilhapur 6 lane....also pune to kolhapure is 2 hours drive,,,so Pune's development extenstion will be Kolhapur...(Pune was mumbai's development extention 8-10 years back)

1. First things first, I visit kolhapur regularly (for mahalaxmi darshan) about once in a year. It is a good city, but please don't compare it with Nashik. Here are few numbers for you
    Nashik Population (2011 Census) : 1,486,053
    Kolhapur Population (2011 Census): 549,236
    Nashk Munciple area (according to Wikipedia ): 300 km2 (100 sq mi)
    Kolhapur Munciple area (according to Wikipedia ): 66.82 km2 (25.80 sq mi)

2. govt is making mumbai to banglore..highway as mfg/Services belt: Ever heard of DMIC?

3. Pune-Nasik road becoming 4 lane: The work started at around Jan 2014, so on what basis you are saying it was completed 40% 3 years ago, only god knows. And by the way, pune kolhapur road is NOT 6 lane, only Pune-satara section is 6 Lane(that too not completed 100%). Also, stating that Pune-Kolhapur travel time is 2 hours is very very optimistic. On a normal day, it takes about 4 hours to reach kolhapur by car with breaks for fuel/snacks etc (for a sane/safe driver, else a BMW may cover it only in one hour, who knows), haven't' you experienced horrible traffic jam at Khed-shivapur toll plaza ever?

4. Pune was never the development extension of mumbai, Pune has it's own face, culture. And regarding development extension of mumbai, do you think anyone will prefer a place which is what about 500km (Kolhapur) away from mumbai and ignore the nearby cities which is what about 180km(Nashik)?

5. Regarding connectivity, I missed one point in my earlier post
    Nashik-Mumbai Road- 6 laned till Gonde- then 4 laned till thane
    Nashk-Dhule road- 6 Laned till Pimpalgao, then 4 laned till Dhule
    Nashik-Aurangabad- 4 Laned till yeola(thanks to Mr.Bhujbal) , not sure beyond that but it should have been completed by now.
    Nashik-Trimbkeshwar road- 4 Laned , Toll Free

I do not want to insult kolhapur here as it is a good city with great weather and history (like you are insulting some city). But I guess you just like to make some random,hypocritical statements without knowing the facts on the ground.

PS: Sticking to the topic related to RE, it is much better to invest in Land in Nasik than investing in a flat according to my personal opinion. Land in nashik is still within affordable range and it will fetch a good return.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anikale
    1. First things first, I visit kolhapur regularly (for mahalaxmi darshan) about once in a year. It is a good city, but please don't compare it with Nashik. Here are few numbers for you

Exactly what i said....Nashik is a densely populated "village",,,most ppl are LIG,,,

2. govt is making mumbai to banglore..highway as mfg/Services belt: Ever heard of DMIC?

No....and none of the IT/MNC's have seem to be have heard it....IT companies means Infosys/TCS/Wipro etc....not idli/pidli BPO companies which recruit rural staff who have learnt english from "Rapidex"

3. Pune-Nasik road becoming 4 lane: The work started at around Jan 2014, so on what basis you are saying it was completed 40% 3 years ago, only god knows. And by the way, pune kolhapur road is NOT 6 lane, only Pune-satara section is 6 Lane(that too not completed 100%). Also, stating that Pune-Kolhapur travel time is 2 hours is very very optimistic. On a normal day, it takes about 4 hours to reach kolhapur by car with breaks for fuel/snacks etc (for a sane/safe driver, else a BMW may cover it only in one hour, who knows), haven't' you experienced horrible traffic jam at Khed-shivapur toll plaza ever?

The work "Re-started in 2014" ...MSRTC Volvo official duration is 3 hours (daytime)...KSRTC/NWRTC time if 1.5 houurs ...travel is at night

Also there are no "bullock carts" ,,,,6 door taxis (carrying 20 ppl) on the roads...lol

4. Pune was never the development extension of mumbai, Pune has it's own face, culture. And regarding development extension of mumbai, do you think anyone will prefer a place which is what about 500km (Kolhapur) away from mumbai and ignore the nearby cities which is what about 180km(Nashik)?

I hope you understand "development Extention"....All IT/Finance/BPO companies in mumbai opened bigger offices in Pune...."distance is not the only matter"..educated workforce is key to opening up an office...
    BTW...People from Pune are already buying real estate at Shirwal/Satara...

Nashik-Aurangabad- 4 Laned till yeola(thanks to Mr.Bhujbal) , not sure beyond that but it should have been completed by now.

I do not want to insult kolhapur here as it is a good city with great weather and history (like you are insulting some city). But I guess you just like to make some random,hypocritical statements without knowing the facts on the ground.

Wow..."Truth if not accepted then it becomes an insult" ...keep thinking Nashik is a city ...not only better than Pune/kolhapur but allso New York....
    Improvement happens only when you take feedback from others..not based on your self perception

PS: Sticking to the topic related to RE, it is much better to invest in Land in Nasik than investing in a flat according to my personal opinion. Land in nashik is still within affordable range and it will fetch a good return

Yeah buy some land in NAshik....so that after 2 generations "grandson" can earn some money when he sells it...lolol

See inline comments
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vaibav123
    I would fully agree with umesh05;
    High RE prices are the only thing which makes a city - a real city.
    I have spent a lot time in Nashik and it has practically all the facilities which make a city a city,while still retaining the charm of of a smaller town.
    I had a flat in Nashik on Trimbhakeswar Road and in 6 years price had doubled when I sold to move out.

Why did you move out...lol...should have kept the flat ,,,didnt you have confidence that it will double in other 6 years.....All hypthetical figures and numbers ..just to prove a point...
    Also double in 6 years is 12% returns...below average...less than FD.

(Note: 5/6 years back the interest rates on FD were 13-14%...lolol)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by umesh05
    Obviously the questions show that you still have half knowledge about the city. I still find it ridiculous why you think that Nasik is a village. What is your definition of a city?
    You mean to say 15lakh plus people of Nasik actually reside in a village? Its the 26th most populous city in India. You mean to say so many people can feed themselves just because its a religious site?

Yeah..it is village..most of the ppl are small farmers or indutrial workers working in small MIDC units....

Please dont blame the municipalities. Again just go to the city and have a look at the infrastructure. Far better, organised than others. Dont just compare one thing GodaPark.

Pune Nasik highway Yes its being on from years. But due to political hurdle. Some politician wanted to transfer the industries to his city. AS soon as the government changed the highway work is superfast and on priority.

Another 3/4 years....and still ppl/industries will not move to nasik

>> NIMA can do whatever they want..no industry will enter in Nashil since no "educated workforce" is available...60-70% people are phetewalas..(chech the CBS orrailway station)
    Answer: Nasik has 10+ engineering colleges, 4 medical colleges. (Although i highly find amusing how you expect educated people working at Bus stand or Railway Stations)

Not "working"....but travelling ,,,,Check Bandra stn..Check Pune stn..you will hardly find rural folks in dhotis and phetas...

>> The going rate is 3000/- (stagnant for last 3-4 years)....which is the rate of talegaon/pirangut/shirwal etc areas around Pune which are still in "gram panchayat" and are classifed as under developed /fringe areas..
    Answer: I dont know where you heard this rate. A friend of mine bought flat at 2700 at the outskirts of the city almost at the end of city. Good areas it is atleast 4000. And for your information from last 2-3 years all property rates are more or less the same in other cities also including Pune.

Branded "Paranjape Scheme" ,,,,it is 3000...your friend has been "duped" if he bought at 2700 at the outskirts.....
    (You know builders can easily fool villagers.."

>> MIDC is here there everywhere..,,High salaries in mfg is limited to 3-4% of employees
    Answer: Again amusing. Do you know the average salary of workers in Bosch? 30,000
    Most of the company's employees are engineers who have a start package of 25,000-30,000 atleast.

LOL...one BOSCH...3L package,,,,study the starting package of IT companies and then compare the affordability of RE...

>> First and foremost RE prices rise mostly because of IT industries and not manufacturing (Banglore,Pune, to some extent Delhi)..Mumbai is financial capital..so thats different.
    Agreed to some extent but what about Hyderabad which is IT with low RE? and chennai ?

Hyderabad is low RE....yeah if you consider Pirangut in Pune,,then you will say that Pune is also low RE....

>> Now tell me abut Nashik (though i go to this place every year...a gruelling 6 hours from pune...no good connectivity to Nashik)
    Answer: Pune is not the only city in the world. See the connectivity through Mumbai, Indore, Surat, Aurangabad.

Whats the use of pure connectivity ? ,,,Nagpur is in the centre of the country..wth connectivity on all sides...what abt its development ?

TCS/Infosys have started units in INDORE...
    SURAT: You want diamond merchants to open units in NAsik...lolol
    Aurangabad....a filthy other "glorified" village..whats the use for it being connected to Nasik?
    Mumbai....Why Pune has developed so fast and not Nasik despite its connectivity ?? Think about it..?

>> Please visit kolhapur...also more chances of faster and better development in kolhapur is because the govt is making mumbai to banglore..highway as mfg/Services belt...industries on both sides...
    Answer: You are contradicting yourself. You said prices rise due to IT industry and only 3-4% of people get good salaries in Manufacturing industry, so how you expect the prices to rise in Kolhapur?

You need to understand "spillover" concept....Pune was also mfg city...Banglore was known only for "hmt"....Pune's spillover will be in kolhapur...

>> How many Multiplexes / McD's /Tanishqs(branded jewellery shops)/ Pizza Huts/ 5 star/3 star hotels ?
    - How many IT companies with more than 300+ employees...(IT not BPO's)
    - How many MNC mfg companies?
    - How many Engineering /Medical colleges ?
    -How many buildings(completed) with 10+ floors and how many with swimming pools ? Thanks for answering this @anikale

>> Good luck to those who invested....hope they get more returns than their savings account..(not even FD!)
    Answer: One of my close relatives have invested in land in Motiwala College area and Makhmalabad area. Their values is almost 2.5 times in last 5 years. Last 2 years the realty market is pretty stagnant everywhere. Even Kolte Patil is selling at 5500 which is ironically lower than what it started 5600 around a year back in Wakad.

Dont compare base prices...also any place where you can smeel "garbage" ..is not even woth 5000....
    One example cannot be universal truth...

I would like to mention again.
    The local NIMA (Nashik Industries & Manufacturers' Association) and local government is lobbying very hard for more industries specially IT. If it gets successful then surely its a paradise destination to invest. However for now its a peaceful city to live and enjoy life with a steady increase in returns not exponential

Peaceful city...lollol......Many mumbai indutries opened small units in Ambad...within a month there were MNS goons asking for money....most of these units closed shop and went back to mumbai or opened in Pune....

See inline comments
    CommentQuote
  • Flat owners in Nashik unable to pay property tax sans sale deed

I registered an online complaint with the civic body regarding not being charged property tax, but nothing has been done,said a buyer

NASHIK: Many flat owners in the city continue to live in their apartments without receiving the sale deed from the builder. Not only can they not pay property tax due to absence of the crucial document, they cannot even form cooperative societies to look into the day-to-day matters of the dwellers.

"We got the completion certificate of the building in October 2012 but we has still not received the sale deed. So we are unable to pay property tax. I registered an online complaint with the civic body regarding not being charged property tax, but nothing has been done. On Tuesday, some civic officials visited me and measured the flat. They said that they could not charge the tax for lack of sale deed," said Kailash Mhetre, a flat owner in Govindnagar.

"The NMC should send notice to the builder. The penalty on delay in property tax payment should be levied on the builder because it is due to his fault that the sale deed has not been completed. Only when the sale deed is handed over to the consumer should he be liable to pay the tax," said Mhetre who is residing in the building since 2010.

Another consumer residing near Gangapur Road said, under the condition of anonymity, that the completion certificate, and consequently the sale deed of his building was pending for the past 6-8 months.

"Penalty on the property tax should be paid by the builder. These are not just a couple of isolated cases. In any property exhibition, the builders charge the consumers for the parking as well. Legally a builder is not supposed to sell the parking area. But it has now become a common practice," the consumer said.

In some places, the sale deed is completed but the civic authorities have not measured the property. like in another building in Govind Nagar where the sale deed was done in 2012.

"We started getting property tax only since 2012. This is a loss for the NMC and the government," said one of the flat owners, Jagdish Pande (name changed).

Consumers of an apartment at Ashoka Marg, off Nashik-Pune Road, and that opposite Sai Palace, also suffer from the grievance as Mhetre's but fear going to the consumer court.

Municipal commissioner Praveen Gedam said that according to the NMC, the property tax has to be recovered from the owner.

President of Credai Sunil Kotwal said, "Property tax is applicable and payable after obtaining completion/occupation certificate. Reason for delay in completion of the sale deed is crucial and depending upon this, the responsibility of paying the tax is decided. If everything is completed and the builder is ready to execute the sale deed but the consumer is unable to fulfil his responsibilities, then the purchaser has to pay the penalty and vice-versa. Also, if the person is handed over the possession and is enjoying the possession then he has to pay the house tax."

Advocate Pravarthak Pathak said, "The consumer can recover the amount from the builder. He can approach the consumer court or the civil court for deficiency in service and get the expenses from the builder. If delay of sale deed is on part of the builder, the consumer can sue him." sD V Ghule, deputy engineer of the NMC's town planning department, said that the civic body had sent nearly 2,600 cases for building completion certificates to the state government. Apart from that, there are cases where completion certificates are handed over but the sale deed is pending. Either way, it affects tax collection and ultimately the treasury of the NMC.

Gedam said, "We do recover property taxes if there is occupancy." But victims of sale deed delay said that they did not pay the tax and it costs the NMC crores of rupees.

Flat owners in Nashik unable to pay property tax sans sale deed | ET RealEstate
    CommentQuote
  • .....Bakras have to be fed before doing the "halal"......Nasik builders are so foolish they are doing the halal (frauds/disreputation/illegal )...before the village becomes a city..

..Once it becomes a city...then one should do all such things (learn from PCMC/Pune builders)...lololol....

,,,Once your product becomes a brand then you can charge the moon and do whatever you like...

... I remember a dialogue from "Bandit Queen"....phoolan says "If you kill one person ..you are murderer..kill 10 you can become a polititian"...she created a brand for her killings..,,,,and Govt forgave her....
    CommentQuote
  • ""Why did you move out...lol...should have kept the flat ,,,didnt you have confidence that it will double in other 6 years.""
    One moves out due to various reasons-one is transfer.
    Selling after 6 years or waiting for 12 years is an individual decision.One gets transferred to Assam,it is difficult to keep a flat in Nashik which is far away.
    Whatever be the matter Nashik is a nice place to live.
    CommentQuote
    See inline comments

Originally Posted by mmulye
    Why did you move out...lol...should have kept the flat ,,,didnt you have confidence that it will double in other 6 years.....All hypthetical figures and numbers ..just to prove a point...
    Also double in 6 years is 12% returns...below average...less than FD.

(Note: 5/6 years back the interest rates on FD were 13-14%...lolol)

Originally Posted by mmulye
    See inline comments

Originally Posted by vaibav123
    ""Why did you move out...lol...should have kept the flat ,,,didnt you have confidence that it will double in other 6 years.""
    One moves out due to various reasons-one is transfer.
    Selling after 6 years or waiting for 12 years is an individual decision.One gets transferred to Assam,it is difficult to keep a flat in Nashik which is far away.
    Whatever be the matter Nashik is a nice place to live.

Originally Posted by anikale

PS: Sticking to the topic related to RE, it is much better to invest in Land in Nasik than investing in a flat according to my personal opinion. Land in nashik is still within affordable range and it will fetch a good return.

@anikale and @vaibhav123 Leave it guys he wont understand. The person who talks about educated workforce himself doesn't even know the spellings of "smeel" "woth" "indutries"

For the interest of readers. Do compare all the facts before taking any decisions based on some half knowledge by someone. Do visit the place talk with the people who have already invested there. I have some friends with good returns will urge them to comment themselves in the forum.

@mmulye Have some decency calling some city a filthy glorified village is not cool. This is not a AIB roast.
    CommentQuote
  • umesh05;

,,hmmm "mirchi lagi..: ..."Truth is bitter"......"Just like performance feedback from HR is difficult to accept"...

BTW: People stay in USA/UK/Singapore and manage flats anywhere in india....Assam is in india rite?

Thanks for correcting my spelling mistakes...lololl......but still Nashik remains a village....
    CommentQuote
  • MANOJa;

hmmm.....wow kys timing hai Nasik ka news dalne mein.....lololol.............Aag mein ghee...hahaha,,,,,masala/tadka lagana....
    lololol

BTW...mujhe bhi "macchis ki tilli" bolte theee..koi log abhi bhi bolte hai...lololol
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    Flat owners in Nashik unable to pay property tax sans sale deed

I registered an online complaint with the civic body regarding not being charged property tax, but nothing has been done,said a buyer

NASHIK: Many flat owners in the city continue to live in their apartments without receiving the sale deed from the builder. Not only can they not pay property tax due to absence of the crucial document, they cannot even form cooperative societies to look into the day-to-day matters of the dwellers.

This is perhaps a common woe among buyers across all cities. Nashik RE woes are hitting the fan maybe because Nashik Builders association is not strong like Pune's.

Most big projects in Pune completed in last 10-20 years do not have conveyance deed in place.

This is despite the fact that state govt recognized this 5 years back and brought in the concept of deemed conveyance.
    CommentQuote
  • Relief for consumers: The new order:

For Consumers,
    Last time, I wrote about cupboards issue and there were expected reactions. Since then corporation has taken some initiatives w.r.t. consumers’ rights and it is important to make them aware of these.
    The usual complaint by consumers is that they are cheated in one or more of following ways.
    a. That the area sold to them is not as per plan approved by NMC.
    b. That the area sold to them is not as per actual measurements on the site.
    Often, the complaints are with respect to discrepancies in three types of measurements.
    1. Measurements as per approved plan
    2. Measurements as on site (actual location)
    3. Measurements as per sale deed
    (Note- Measurements on brochures or in advertisements may not always be as per approved plan. Therefore it is most important to see approved plans of NMC.)
    Any person can do measurement of various rooms of his flat. He can also see what is mentioned in the saledeed or agreement to sale. However, very often, an average citizen is unable to know what is mentioned in the approved plans of corporation. Mind well, it is illegal to sale more area than on approved plan. But how to get this approved plan?
    On 08/05/2015, NMC had issued press note requesting all citizens of Nashik to obtain the copy of approved plan of their flats/apartments from NMC at Xerox cost. (See press note below). There have been some enquiries by citizens in NMC since then.
    To make process less cumbersome, now NMC has decided to upload all these plans on our website. The work has already started and more than hundred plans are uploaded on website. Please visit bp.nmcutilities.in for this. You can search by putting various options or without them. We are also in process of putting all approved layouts on layouts.nmcutilities.in. Both these works are going on and till date few hundred plans are posted online. Actual number is in thousands and it will take some time.
    Meanwhile, since many plans are going to take some time for uploading due to huge number, we are also starting helpline 7030300300 (8am to 11pm) on which a citizen can request for a particular map and it will then be taken out and handed over to citizen on a fixed date. Citizens, thus can avoid coming to NMC office again and again.
    Both these facilities shall soon be available on “Smart Nashik” app as well.
    Further, NMC has also made it mandatory to mention floor area of rooms, etc on the map itself so that the citizen is aware of various areas. (See the order below). This should be of help in making citizens alert before they purchase the flat/apartment.
    Interestingly, I have come across couple of cases last month in which some citizens have approached District Consumer Forum. In one case, they had noticed discrepancies in various areas of rooms, parkings, etc as mentioned above and were finally awarded compensation/damages of more than Rs 25 lakh with 12% interest from the date of sale plus other sums. In another case, the consumers had complained about not getting occupation certificate from the builder due to builder’s fault and also got award in their favour.
    It must be noted that such options are available not only for those constructions which someone is going to purchase but also for those constructions which are purchased long back.
    I had received an interesting message a few days ago. It said, “when we purchase even vegetables, we argue with poor hawker if there is difference in weight. And when we are purchasing ‘home sweet home’ with our life’s savings, should we not be careful beforehand?”
    Think, decide and act

- Praveen Gedam

Link to the original post: https://www.facebook.com/praveengedam/posts/10154274583464337
    CommentQuote