Hi Guys,

Wanted to know if anyone has any suggestion/experience with design 7 from pune. My flat is near completion and looking for some best interior desingers around pune...one i came across is design7...

Dessign7 Interiors Pvt. Ltd.
Read more
Reply
11 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • You can check with following interior designer:

    Kalpak Designers
    Office : Model colony, Pune
    CommentQuote
  • i got my home done from this one. she is a Gem. Unfortunately they dont have a website of their own.

    Ask for Varsha or Pallavi
    Aesthetic Interior Designers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by harshalx
    i got my home done from this one. she is a Gem. Unfortunately they dont have a website of their own.

    Ask for Varsha or Pallavi
    Aesthetic Interior Designers


    Please share your experience, changes you have done & the expenses occured.
    CommentQuote
  • For my house,I had a detailed discussion with 2 interior designers on the furniture layout. However what I have generally observed that during discussion they listen to me and draw whatever my ideas are and send me the drawings.I do not see any great ideas coming from them.They donot invest enough time to understand the houselayout,my likings and dislikings, preferences etc and they are slow in response, may be overloaded by work. I had almost concluded that this is th way this industry works, have you guys experienced differently?

    Cheers,
    Birendra.
    CommentQuote
  • Experience will vary a lot. I recommend following:

    1. Hire Interior Designer having Architect (B. Arch.) degree. They have scientific education about layouts, colors and planning for 5 years. Nowadays, Interior Design courses are there ranging from 3 months to 6 months. What you can expect out of 6 months training (that not a degree)

    2. Practical implementation and optimum utilization of space is most important aspect rather than jazzy/flashy interiors. Furniture layout is designed taking into consideration for next 10 years at least (Kids planning etc).

    3. Try to complete your furniture work in one go. What I mean is that, try to cover maximum work and don't keep the work pending for future. Furniture work is noisy and produces lot of dust. No need to mention it disturbs your whole routine if you are already staying in the house.

    Hope this helps.
    CommentQuote
  • I would suggest doing it yourself. Look around. Search on the internet for pics. Nothing is more satisfying then living inside what you have created yourself. It maybe ugly to others but you will feel deeply satisfied.

    Besides, you will save a tonne of money.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Prodigi
    I would suggest doing it yourself. Look around. Search on the internet for pics. Nothing is more satisfying then living inside what you have created yourself. It maybe ugly to others but you will feel deeply satisfied.

    Besides, you will save a tonne of money.


    Doing by yourself is a good idea. Some good ideas can be generated by visiting some flats/hotels. If needed a one or two week crash course in interior design:bab (50): could be done. Any of these might be helpful.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by avadhoot
    Experience will vary a lot. I recommend following:

    1. Hire Interior Designer having Architect (B. Arch.) degree. They have scientific education about layouts, colors and planning for 5 years. Nowadays, Interior Design courses are there ranging from 3 months to 6 months. What you can expect out of 6 months training (that not a degree)

    2. Practical implementation and optimum utilization of space is most important aspect rather than jazzy/flashy interiors. Furniture layout is designed taking into consideration for next 10 years at least (Kids planning etc).

    3. Try to complete your furniture work in one go. What I mean is that, try to cover maximum work and don't keep the work pending for future. Furniture work is noisy and produces lot of dust. No need to mention it disturbs your whole routine if you are already staying in the house.

    You can contact me on 9011064775 for more details about the Architect/Interior Designer I know.

    Hope this helps.

    Thank you Avadhoot. Your points are extremely practical and helpful.

    Cheers,
    Birendra.
    CommentQuote
  • but doing this yourself requires lot of time and gets very taxing...also buying items for furniture requires lot of research in terms of which shop will give good rates unless you have contacts and top of that research on getting a good trustworthy carpenter is other challenge
    CommentQuote
  • Absolutely right propertyuser. 100% agree with your observations.

    Please please please ... never ever think of designing and implementing interior designing by yourself. It is not like a gym where you start on new year and discontinue after few days. Max you lose is your yearly fees. Also, doing something on your own of which you do not have expertise is foolish thing (I understabd the urge of doing something yourself)

    Even in software industry, there is a team of Architects which designs and monitors the product architecture and not the team lead.

    You will end up losing money, rework, your precious time and finally doing what your carpenter (very smart chaps and you will never know that they are making fool of you by wearing shabby cloths) wants :)
    CommentQuote
  • Hi jasprit, there's a good news and bad news for you. Good news is you can find many inspirations and ideas for designing your home, and the bad news is if you do it by you, you can save your money but you'll lose much of your time. So I suggest you that find any interior designer coz they are expert in that and do it with less time.
    CommentQuote