Hi all,

I searched for several threads regarding Wagholi and row house projects in the area there. Mostly, all posts are pretty old... due to which I am unable to get a clear picture of current situation/ or near future. I am planning to buy row house in Wagholi area in BU Bhandari, or Emerald or IVY (just checking options). What is the state like right now? Is it a good bet? I have already checked the site and area. But, almost nothing is there on main roads there. Will this area come under PMC soon? maybe a year or so?

Or should I just reject Wagholi option and stick with maybe Kharadi or Viman Nagar???
Read more
9 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Wagholi

Originally Posted by Jitesh AP
    Hi all,

I searched for several threads regarding Wagholi and row house projects in the area there. Mostly, all posts are pretty old... due to which I am unable to get a clear picture of current situation/ or near future. I am planning to buy row house in Wagholi area in BU Bhandari, or Emerald or IVY (just checking options). What is the state like right now? Is it a good bet? I have already checked the site and area. But, almost nothing is there on main roads there. Will this area come under PMC soon? maybe a year or so?

Or should I just reject Wagholi option and stick with maybe Kharadi or Viman Nagar???

Wagholi has water problem and since it is outside PMC you depend on Panchayat or tankers.When it will come into PMC is not known?. I have been hearing of this since last two years.it will take time for development.Ivy estate is quite far from the city.BU Bhandari,Emerald all are ok projects.Chrasallis,Suyog nisarg are other projects. Karia developers are also putting up projects in Wagholi.Check out all these also.Common to all these projects is water supply by tanker as per what I remember.Personally investing 50 lakhs and depending on tanker supply for long periods is not acceptable. Due diligence is required before investment.
    Kharadi and Viman nagar will be better any day but much costlier and better facilities.Your purse,work spot and children convenience etc decides the location for purchase of residence.
    Vishrantwadi,Tingre Nagar are also areas which can be considered as they are centrally located and well connected. Distance to Sancheti hospital from Vishrantwadi will be max 10 Km as an example. Airport 3-4 KM and Railway station 7-8 Km.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for replying :)

I work in Kalyaninagar. So, the distance is definitely going to be great.
    I was thinking about Chrrysalis project and also heard about some street light problems and such on other posts. Is this still the case?

I am planning to buy a car soon for commuting. Price here is definitely better than Kharadi/ Viman Nagar... however having no idea as to when PMC is going to come to Wagholi is a pain :(
    CommentQuote
  • Wagholi

Row house budget in Chryasallis was in the 60-70 lakh range to my memory when I checked around 6 months back.Development is taking place in the area with Suyog project,Alfa etc . Road toward Lohegaon is supposed to be widened into an eighty foot road.DP roads are also planned.Nagar highway is also being widened and better connectivity can be expected.. In Sant nagar also one project Pankaj Aasman is coming up.Ads make it look all glitter but how the area will come up is not known? Many places in wagholi also have restrictions on tall buildings due to closeness to airport.Exact areas would have to be checked before purchase.Some areas in Wagholi get water from some World bank aided project. Otherwise Wagholi is a very dusty place due to stone quarries in the interior areas.Educational instituions are coming up in large number.Few years down the line development and coming in PMC limits can be expected and increase in prices also.
    CommentQuote
  • Vishrantwadi is one area which I feel is still reasonable and well connected to almost every landmark in pune. And since most of the people who work in PMC live in this area it will never have municipal related issues. I lived in this area for about 5 years and never ever faced any water issues.

The reason it is still reasonable and affordable maybe is due to the fact that its yet to be targeted by the investor groups (can't understand for what reason) and people mostly buy property for self-use in this area.

I heard a project Ganga Kalash was launched recently in this area. Maybe you can check that out.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Jitesh AP
    Hi all,

Among these three, it is best to opt for Vimannagar at any time of the day.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for reply everyone.

I will check properly and decide accordingly. Although, I do think I'll opt for Wagholi.
    CommentQuote
  • Viman Nagar had same problems a few years back, which Kharadi and Wagholi are facing today. In fact no one was interested to go there even when the property boom period was started setting in in Pune. Viman Nagar was a neglected area due to acute water shortage, and some projects were on hold for a long period (like Konark Campus). Trust it was on hold for more than 6-7 years and and the rate was some Rs. 800 psf when the builder started the work again in 2002 (do not know exactly, but around the same time).

So give some time for upcoming areas. In fact personally somehow I feel that Viman Nagar no more looks glamours compared to upcoming areas, it is saturated and started looking old now. Viman Nagar is becoming like Thakur Complex in Kandivali, where new areas like Thakur Village are now in a much better shape.

5 years or 10 years whatever it takes, but Wagholi, Lohegaon etc will surely become part of the PMC. NCP zindabaad!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Viman Nagar V/s Wagholi

Originally Posted by poorbuyer
    Viman Nagar had same problems a few years back, which Kharadi and Wagholi are facing today. In fact no one was interested to go there even when the property boom period was started setting in in Pune. Viman Nagar was a neglected area due to acute water shortage, and some projects were on hold for a long period (like Konark Campus). Trust it was on hold for more than 6-7 years and and the rate was some Rs. 800 psf when the builder started the work again in 2002 (do not know exactly, but around the same time).

So give some time for upcoming areas. In fact personally somehow I feel that Viman Nagar no more looks glamours compared to upcoming areas, it is saturated and started looking old now. Viman Nagar is becoming like Thakur Complex in Kandivali, where new areas like Thakur Village are now in a much better shape.

5 years or 10 years whatever it takes, but Wagholi, Lohegaon etc will surely become part of the PMC. NCP zindabaad!!!

Your point regarding water problems in Viman nagar in 2000-02 etc is valid. There was water problem and flats were available cheaply. Only in the past few years Viman Nagar has taken off. but I also feel with all facilities available, still Viman Nagar looks overcrowded now. Roads are having heavy traffic. In front of Sri Krishna hotel, the kind of traffic which prevails is sad. But it is a fact which in my personal way of thinking devalues Viman nagar. Tow vans have a field day picking up vehicles improperly parked. With an educated crowd there people should follow traffic rules but unfortunately more educated we become,see the world, we will not obey traffic rules.
    Issue is whether a person can wait for five years for Wagholi to develop into Viman nagar. Viman nagar had the biggest advantage of being next to Airport,Kalyani Nagar and that much closer to city than Wagholi.
    challenge is to deicde if we want an area which has infrastructure you have to pay more, but go to outskirts, then you pay less. Present iincovenience versus immediate outlay of hard cash.
    Investors choose Viman Nagar because rent potential is high. Few thefts in societies have also been reported time to time.Autos are problematic there with complaints of high charges.Eventually it boils down to personal choice where you buy a flat. Viman nagar,Dhanori,Kharadi etc.Your well thought out decision makes your life comfortable.
    CommentQuote
  • I can see some ads on Sulekha for Row houses in Hadapsar and kharadi at around 70L. Any problem with these? coz rates seem to be the same as flats, which does not seem possible. Row houses should be costlier than flats, no?
    CommentQuote