5 | Posts
2046 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• classification of indian cities on the base of real estatee market

HI,
    EVERYBODY

I AM A POST GRADUATION STUDENT OF REAL ESTATE MANAGEMENT,I AM DOING A THESIS WORK ON TIER II &TIER III CITIES DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES.

I AM FACING A PROBLEM "HOW CAN I CLASSIFY CITIES IN TIER II & TIER III"
    DIFFERENT SOURCE SHOWING 1 CITY IN DIFFERENT GROUP.....THERE IS A CLASSIFICATION BASED ON 2008 SIXTH PAY SCALE.....& ONE IN THE BASIS OF 2011 CENSUS .....BUT I WANT'S TO CLASSIFY THEM ....ON THE BASIS OF REAL ESTATE MARKET ....HELP ME BY GIVING YOUR ADVICE & SHARING UR OPINION........I REALLY NEED YOUR HELPS.....PLEASE MENTION THE SOURCE OF DATA......ON WHICH I CAN CLASSIFY........THANK IN ADVANCE

ALSO PLEASE SUGGEST ME THE PROBLEMS WHICH TIER II & TIER III CITIES ARE FACING AT PRESENT.....IN THEIR DEVELOPMENT.

& ALSO FORECAST WHICH TYPE PROBLEM THIS CITIES WILL FACE IN FUTURE.

Re : classification of indian cities on the base of real estatee market

Don't take me wrong but aren't you suppose to do all this work yourself to get a degree ?

If you want these answers than start reading yourself (economic times/ndtv/+ other major news dailies). They have a separate section for real estate. They mention all the problems (like project delay/ getting NA, registration issues)...

Good Luck..

Comment

Sir osmium,
      I have a classification of 10 different means to classify Indian cities
      1.2006 survey by inrnews.com.
      2.2008 by the government of India .....6 th pay scale classification.
      3.2011 census data wise collection.
      4.Cartus Emerging Trends in Global Mobility: 2007 Policy & Practices Survey
      5.urban ministry of development...

.....sir there are so many way to classify tier ii & tier iii cities....on the parameter of....population,gdp,housing price index,development,pay scale,recruitment.....if u will work on this field u will be puzzled....i just think that you people are professional with handling Indian realestate industry .....So i just ask for your opinion......i have collected all primary,secondary...& combined data to classified Indian cities.........i just need professionals help to select right path.

sir, in Indian education system to get degree i don't think it need a thesis paper......India are famous for copy pest...........& i just want's to make my thesis enriched with real lyf problem's solution............not to be a google database!!

so i need you pepole help.......!!

please!!

Comment

Check this out:

http://www.india-reports.com/Product...011208-Try.pdf

The classification is based on economy which is more important..

Comment

sir
          osmium

in my first point.......point i have mention "2006 survey by inrnews.com."......the link u provide is the "'India reports 2008".....i have this report....their classification is based on 2006 survey by inrnews.com......that survey is conducted in 2006.....so the present scenario is quite a different.....as for example city"ahmedabad"....

I need a present scenario......or the present way to evaluate real estate industry......

& thank u sir for your reply.....

Comment

Cities and problems

Cities are clasified into tierI,II and III and as you are aware classification of cities based on pay commision for HRA and other allowances of government employees,census report based on population. Probably you will have to research all types of classification and what is the use of the classification and purpose behind it.
            Real estate is not given the status of industry as such and it is needed for fund access,discipline in functioning ,fixing of a statutory regualtory authority etc.
            High powered expert committee chaired by IJ Ahluwalia has made a report on urban infrastructure which will be useful to get problem areas in cities. Growth of metros from 7 in 1951 to 50 in 2100 and percentage of population living in cities from 18.9% to 42.3%
            problem areas could be infrastructural requirements like rioads,transport water supply etc.
            type of problems which could be faced
            Influx from villages all over the country not restricted to state alone.-Cultural and linguistic challenges when a lot of immigrant labor land up depriving local labor of work opportunities.Regional parties could make trouble for outside state workers as economic opportunites decline due to increased population.
            Destruction of environment and levelling of hills to accommodate influx of poorer class of people,profileration of slums and related problems,
            increase in general price levels.
            infrastructure may be a problem in many of the smaller cities,
            Lower income levels as wage structure in some industries may be lower in Nashik/Coimbatore as compared to say Delhi.
            Probably a small town entreprenuer may be less risk taking than a big city entreprenuer?(May be due to attitudinal difference)
            Unplannedurban areas with reduced availability of civic services
            Number of towns have gone up from around 5000 in 2001 to 8000 in 2011 and some dont have a formal munciplaity and are what is termed as census towns.(population of more than 5000).
            please refere business india back issues for getting material which can be expanded upon and original ideas included.A visit to your own muncipal office and discussion with some authority there could give real time basis for your arguments and hypothesis.
            Best of luck for a good essay..

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
            Working...
            X