Sort by :
Filter by :
- Originally Posted by gotia1My society formation is in progress. But there are things which society is still waiting to be completed which are mostly related to parking issue/garden/boundary wiring etc.
Builder is saying that let first form society and then we can work on all those issue. Committee members can talk on behalf of society.
He is saying to avoid to go for any legal proceeding as that will delay society formation further.
Please suggest what to do.
Do we have more power after society formation?
Can we talk more aggressively after formation?
Two ways of looking at it,
1. The more you delay society formation, the more time it will take to get control of the maintenance funds.
2. After society is formed and builder hands over the maintenance funds to you, his work is more or less done. There is no document that he has to sign to declare completion of his work, so completion depends only on what the committee can negotiate with him. Chances of achieving much are low unless he is an honest builder who wants to keep his word.
Taking legal action so early is not advisable. Try to make a list of pending work and have builder sign on it and agree that he will complete all those things post society formation.CommentQuote0Flag
- IMO don't go for society before builder completes the work. He will just wash his hands off and eventually ask the society to take care of it.CommentQuote0Flag
- Society formation should be done after 60% of the flats are sold as per the Act.The builder will form a society and hand over, but the important thing is proper conveyance which he may delay especially if the sanctions for all buildings have not come.CommentQuote0Flag