Sakal property mahayatra Kolhapur

Last updated: March 28 2012
15 | Posts
2322 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sakal property mahayatra Kolhapur

Last weekend I visited sakal property mahayatra in kolhapur. It was organized by Pune builders. I saw very poor response for this exhibition. some of these "well known" Pune builders were offering 200/300 OFF per sqft.
    I think the unsold inventory is building up quite fast & builders are in hurry to get rid of it.

Re : Sakal property mahayatra Kolhapur

is it possible ?

Hi,

Promoting projects of Pune in Kolhapur, How much conversion ratio do builders get in Kolhapur ?
    Last edited March 20 2012, 02:29 PM.

Comment

I don't think they got any bookings there.. Kolhapurkar's will be happy in buying 2-3 acres of irrigatable land instead of paying such huge money to these thieves (pune builders)

Comment

property exhibitions

Builders should focus on reducing admin overheads like exhibitions,paid ads and concentrate on timely delivery and reasonable quality buildings which do not develop cracks,seep in the first rain etc. Word of mouth promotion from happy customers will actually get quicker bookings than any amount of ads if there is negative publicity/word of mouth from some purchasers.For example when I liked a particular flat/project . I even got quite a few of my friends to check out independently the builder and a few friends actually went ahead and booked flats in the same project.Ad gimmicks should be avoided and quality and timely delivery be the mantra,along with proper legal paperwork.

Comment

Vaibav123

Yeah. Its true. Builders pay a large amount on advertising instead of paying attention to quality work & other things which is helpful to his customers.

Comment

brokers/presentations of housing sites

Originally posted by thinktop View Post
            Vaibav123

Yeah. Its true. Builders pay a large amount on advertising instead of paying attention to quality work & other things which is helpful to his customers.
            Some builders even give brokers huge commissions to pull customers towards their projects. They will not reduce prices of flats. Normally when demand rises,price increases and demand falls, prices also should fall. Some of our builders try to hold out against this theory and try to retain price level by ads,brokers and package deals.It is a very cuthroat and competitive world out here. Buyer has to take care and check things himself and not fall for gimmicks.Some of the video presentations are rally hilarious. We find foreign looking residents walking in and out,manicured lawns,swimming pools depicting concept in too slick a fashion and can convince people to invest.Inspite of all pros and cons,techniques,people are buying and selling flats. Probably we should not look for an ideal market where things are straight forward and learn to exist in an imperfect market, making the best of what is offered.Builders,buyers,sellers all spring from the same society and have same features,thought processes and desires.

Comment

"We find foreign looking residents walking in and out,manicured lawns,swimming pools depicting concept in too slick a fashion and can convince people to invest."

Most of the websites of the builders are not updated up to date. Some builders post actual photographs of the site but they are very few. I think builders should mention on their website, which amenities or facilities are free & which are paid.

Comment

Most of the websites of the builders are not updated up to date. Some builders post actual photographs of the site but they are very few. I think builders should mention on their website, which amenities or facilities are free & which are paid.
                This is poor commentary on the builders if they cannot update their sites.We are in an IT savvy city and human resources to keep sites updated and topical are available easily.
                Builders can do a world of good to themselves and prospective buyers by updating sites,putting up latest photographs of work in progress on weekly basis showing progress.
                Modern tools should be used to promote their ventures. Just sending emails to customers or joining Google groups/Linked in/Facebook is not enough.They should post online copies of all important sanctions received from PMC on their site.Adoption of such open policies will help people decide whether to go ahead and meet company sales executive to progress the purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by vaibav123 View Post
                  Some builders even give brokers huge commissions to pull customers towards their projects. They will not reduce prices of flats. Normally when demand rises,price increases and demand falls, prices also should fall. Some of our builders try to hold out against this theory and try to retain price level by ads,brokers and package deals.It is a very cuthroat and competitive world out here. Buyer has to take care and check things himself and not fall for gimmicks.Some of the video presentations are rally hilarious. We find foreign looking residents walking in and out,manicured lawns,swimming pools depicting concept in too slick a fashion and can convince people to invest.Inspite of all pros and cons,techniques,people are buying and selling flats. Probably we should not look for an ideal market where things are straight forward and learn to exist in an imperfect market, making the best of what is offered.Builders,buyers,sellers all spring from the same society and have same features,thought processes and desires.
                  +1. And in addition to this, builders will even sell Singapore in Ambegaon (Bloomfield) or Spain in Balewadi (Puraniks something). Hell with Singapore & Spanish design if there are no roads, no PMC water, no basic infra in place.

I would appreciate if builders build on existing infra rather than PROPOSED or DP stuff.

And other over-head charges of builder - Paying 10% commission to brokers to get rid of inventory through back-door.
                  If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

I would appreciate if builders build on existing infra rather than PROPOSED or DP stuff.

This sales pitch by any seller is the most potent one. He gives you the idea of progress and value addition.Obviously the seller has read the mind of potential buyers as a group. Any buyer would think what is the growth likely in this area? Will my investment appreciate/ Will facilities expand/ All legitimate thoughts. The seller capitalises on this and gives stuff like DP roads,proposed malls and educational institutions. Even individual sellers will try and focus upon likely development in the area while selling their land/flat..Out of personal experience i can tell you when land /plot purchase was being explored in Wagholi area, the biggest pitch by seller was proposed 100 feet road leading to Lohegaon and beyond. It is another matter that this road may not come up in the next decade, but people felt nice and progressive about the location.
                    All these claims are verbal in nature and cannot be proved against them and put in suggestive manner.All part of the game. Buyer has to check and be realistic while accepting such claims as basis of investment.Principle of caveat emptor is relevant instead of caveat venditor( Seller beware)which is actually a requirement of modern commerce and trade.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X