Last updated: August 23 2019
4 | Posts
329 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Society - First time issues - Guidance needed

Hi,

I am one of the mango people who bought flat in PCMC area and was naive enough to raise hand in society formation in first AGM held by builder.

That one mistake has costed me peace of mind, time. None the less to say stress by issues committee is facing and relations with fellow members.

Currently, we are trying to get document collection for all members (around 100+), so we can start performing society functions like verifying owners/tenants, issuing share certificates, NOCs, implementing security.

Issue we are facing is un-co-operative members who are ignoring all this and doing the way it pleases. With no vehicle info, we are not able to implement security effectively and so on. With no owner documents, not able to go ahead with NOCs and share certificates.

Half members have given flats on rent, few of them through third party like nestaway (most tenants don't even know owner) which are causing most trouble. Bachelors drinking on terrace is common scene. They arrogantly say talk to nestaway, don't waste my time. We dont know who is actually owner/tenant without documents, security faces threats if questions are asked.

Irrespective of staying/rented, around one third members are ungrateful and unwilling to co-operate.

Members showing interest are not ready to help on ground and committee is ending up by taking care of things every weekend. Property Manager, security, housekeeping are having own share of complaints.

With this going on for months now, Is there any tips and tricks/ known methods to get things in line? if it means taking things to Registrar of societies (with specific way of complaining), I am good with that too. Any specific things done in PCMC?

This is desperate try to get help from collective wisdom of iref

Dear admin, putting post in Pune forum regarding society operations to get understanding of how things are done here.

Regards,
    CautiousOne

Re : Society - First time issues - Guidance needed

Please share name of society

Comment

CautiousOne,

Your experience is similar to that of many folks who get into C.H.S management after buying a flat.

I have had my share of experiences in CHS management and faced most of the issues you have listed. You have listed most of the regular items, may be there are many more.

1. Security

2. Housekeeping

3. General Maintenance, Lifts etc.

4. General Administration: NOC, Share Certificate etc, SGM, AGM and much more.

Unless you have atleast 4-5 people in the Management Committee, willing to put in time, very tough to get anything done in the initial years.

Most of the residents will not care. Most residents will say "we are paying mainteance", what more do you expect?

It is very hard to sustain things in the long run and a lot of societies end up being run by the administrator after M.C memebers resign.

Following are few things you can attempt.

1. Impossible to make everyone happy in the society. So prioritize and focus on critical things.

For example, where I live, after many many years of operation residents complain about House Keeping Services. It is important, but not critical as long as garbage gets lifted on a daily basis.

2. Probably you have a Vendor for Security. Since nobody cooperates, watchment etc may not be able to do much. For this, if your budget allows hire a security officer someone who is retired from defence.

You will have to pay but expect the guy to handle matters at his level without day to day involvement from M.C

3. For General society administration, look at outsourcing to vendors.

Offcourse, it has plus and minus but atleast will help you stablilze things.

Following are few. First one is in PCMC. Talk to these guys and see how they can help. I have spoken to these guys in the past. You can try.

1. societyrun

2. apartment adda

3. apnacomplex

Best Wishes.

Comment

Originally posted by realarun View Post
        CautiousOne,

Your experience is similar to that of many folks who get into C.H.S management after buying a flat.

I have had my share of experiences in CHS management and faced most of the issues you have listed. You have listed most of the regular items, may be there are many more.

1. Security

2. Housekeeping

3. General Maintenance, Lifts etc.

4. General Administration: NOC, Share Certificate etc, SGM, AGM and much more.

Unless you have atleast 4-5 people in the Management Committee, willing to put in time, very tough to get anything done in the initial years.

Most of the residents will not care. Most residents will say "we are paying mainteance", what more do you expect?

It is very hard to sustain things in the long run and a lot of societies end up being run by the administrator after M.C memebers resign.

Following are few things you can attempt.

1. Impossible to make everyone happy in the society. So prioritize and focus on critical things.

For example, where I live, after many many years of operation residents complain about House Keeping Services. It is important, but not critical as long as garbage gets lifted on a daily basis.

2. Probably you have a Vendor for Security. Since nobody cooperates, watchment etc may not be able to do much. For this, if your budget allows hire a security officer someone who is retired from defence.

You will have to pay but expect the guy to handle matters at his level without day to day involvement from M.C

3. For General society administration, look at outsourcing to vendors.

Offcourse, it has plus and minus but atleast will help you stablilze things.

Following are few. First one is in PCMC. Talk to these guys and see how they can help. I have spoken to these guys in the past. You can try.

1. societyrun

2. apartment adda

3. apnacomplex

Best Wishes.
        Thanks realarun! It helps to see we are not the only one who are going through this. Currently, we are going through similar exercise - get vendors and implement things. Costlier for sure, but could not see any other way due to manpower shortage.

Is there any way to deal with nestaway and alikes? I understand it lies somewhere in gray area (legal/illegal to have a commercial arrangement for residential property), is there any way to at least get decent people and not trouble makers as tenants?

Thought process here is - Those who wants to rent out - its their right. Those who want to peacefully stay - its their right too! If there is any middle ground, can it be reached?

Comment

• realarun
          realarun commented
          Editing a comment
          See, there are two aspects to this fundamental rights of the owner to rent out as per his/her wish versus how much the society can interfere in this process.

While the owner does not need society's permission to get into a registered agreement with the tenant, there are couple of things which the owner is mandated to do as follows.

1. Complete Police verification of the tenant and submit a copy to the society.
          2. Submit a copy of lease agreement to society.

If the above is not done, I believe society can interfere.
          Police verification as per law is mandatory. I don't have a link to post, but you can google and you will find.

If the property is tenant occupied, society can impose max 10% extra maintenance charge as per bye laws, provided it is adopted in your society. In that sense, even to levy this extra 10% you need know if property is tenant occupied. This you will know when you get registered copy of lease agreement.

To summarize, society is within its rights to ask for lease agreement and police verification document which can be used as a check point for entry of new "tenants"

Cheers.

Tags: None
      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
      Working...
      X