Last updated: February 24 2020
2 | Posts
200 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong flat mentioned on flat aggrement

Hello All,

On flat aggrement copy, I noticed wrong flat number.I have selected flat A-304

But on document, I see that I have been allocated C-301.

I wanted to go for correction, but builder says that flat, A-304 has been sold out.

Also, he blames me for the mistake (he says, that I should have read the documents carefuly ).

After lot of tussle, builder is ready to give me flat same flat 304, but in building B, also he is demanding few extra lakhs.

My EMI, has already started.

Please guide me what to do.

Awaiting your response.

Warm Regards,

Re : Wrong flat mentioned on flat aggrement

Originally posted by tn13_Pune View Post
    Hello All,

On flat aggrement copy, I noticed wrong flat number.I have selected flat A-304

But on document, I see that I have been allocated C-301.

I wanted to go for correction, but builder says that flat, A-304 has been sold out.

Also, he blames me for the mistake (he says, that I should have read the documents carefuly ).

After lot of tussle, builder is ready to give me flat same flat 304, but in building B, also he is demanding few extra lakhs.

My EMI, has already started.

Please guide me what to do.

Awaiting your response.

Warm Regards,

Unfortunately, builder is on right side here.

You must read every page of document on both sides including footnotes, side-notes, headers, trailers, stamps, signs BEFORE signing it and keep copy with you always. Never sign a document if you are unclear about even a comma in document or something not clearly typed/faded. Also, its always good idea to handle paper yourself and feel whether its single or double paper, so you know its not two papers attached together (old way of forging documents) or you don't miss out any page in between to read. All legal documents are of of legal size (356 x 216 mm) and has standard thickness (80 gsm) and color (light green). Those are specifically manufactured.

Now, it is possible builder got another buyer with higher quote and did this adventure (yeah, i got that underlying thought), but i can not think of any way to prove that without someone doing actual investigation of all financial activity happened for both flats. Also, you did not indicate anything to doubt builder's intentions.

So, IMHO,whats done is done. Better make the best out of offer builder is providing, and read the document carefully this time onward before signing.

Comment

Re : Wrong flat mentioned on flat aggrement

First of all, do you have any written proof that you selected a flat no. A 304? Second, before signing the agreement you to need check by yourself that which flat is allocated to you in the agreement.
      Last edited February 24 2020, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Tags: None
      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
      Working...
      X