Last updated: 3 weeks ago
2 | Posts
171 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resale flat : honest opinion

Hi Guys,
    We have been looking for a 3bhk resale flat for my in-laws for quite sometime now in Baner/Balewadi area. They are really interested in gini viaana where the final price goes for 1.05 CR with SD, registration, brokerage.

Honestly I dont think its a good idea to buy a resale flat but its there wish.
    When I was looking for a flat I must have read each project thread on this forum twice. Most of the comments are negative which is good though cause thats what people in general comment on.
    The agents always say about all the good things in the flat. They are really not bothered actually. They get 1-2 lacs as brokerage and thats all what matters. Very very few agents tell the other side of the story.
    I was really really impressed with one agent. He was awesome. He knew all history of each project, issues and upcoming projects. "Sir, android phone 10k ka bhi hota hain and 50k ka bhi hota hain, you decide which you want. It will work the same way but quality matters". I had almost finalized Atul WH as he provided large carpet. This guy told me not to go with him and glad I didnt went. There are so many complaints now. The most common being the water smells like gutter.

I stay in a Mont Vert society on Pashan from past 4 years. The location is superb. My parents were more inclined on buying resale here. But I was completely against it. Its a 10 year old property and already there are seepage issues everywhere. The pungent smell on the walls specially in rainy season is unhealthy. Few days before there was a crack on the kitchen celling. That was an eye-opener for me cause sometime it felt buying resale would have made sense.
    Now a days you really cannot trust any builder. There past experience matters but they also have different issues for different projects. You dont know what material and which contractor worked on the project. I was a super fan of Kumar 10 years before. Now look at him.
    Honestly, I thought there is no big deal with seepage issue. You can just easily repair it. But thats not the case. The owner did a fix for the flat before we moved in. Its still there. If you want to fix it for good be ready to really pay good amount.

Ultimately it is we who takes the decision and have to live with it.
    What are your views. Can anyone share there experience.
    Last edited 4 weeks ago.

Re : Resale flat : honest opinion

In my opinion below should be the preference-

1. Ready to move Flat from Builder/Investors
    2. Good re-sale flat ( maintained society and very promising location)
    3.Under construction Flat ( it should be last option). In this option there is lots of frustration. Be ready to get cheated .

I tried my best for option 1 & 2 and did not get the desired inventory and at last booked under construction flat.

Comment

Re : Resale flat : honest opinion

Agree with rohit. Only go for under construction Flat when you don't have other option left out.

Comment

Tags: None
      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
      Working...
      X