Pune: Society demanding return of open car parking slot allotted by builder

Last updated: 1 week ago
1 | Posts
77 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pune: Society demanding return of open car parking slot allotted by builder

I have a 2 BHK flat in Pune and the builder had allotted me an open car parking. Later, after the allotment of parking to all flat owners, it was found that there were three vacant covered parking. So, I bought one by paying some amount. Now once the society has been formed they are claiming 'the builder allotted' open parking back. How can I safeguard both the parking slots?
    Last edited 1 week ago.

Re : Pune: Society demanding return of open car parking slot allotted by builder

To be frank, builders are not allowed to sell open parking slots to home owners. As per the provisions of the Real Estate Act, 206, and also in the Maharashtra Real Estate Regulatory Authority (MahaRERA), it has been stated that real estate developers cannot sell or allot open parking to homebuyers. The central RERA act states that open parking spaces in a housing society are part of the common area of the project & provided free of floor space index (FSI).

Hence, any open parking space must be transferred in the name of the housing society as part of the elaborate conveyance deed.
    Talk TRUE; Talk IREF

Comment

Tags: None
    Have any questions or thoughts about this?
    Working...
    X