18 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :


  • I fail to understand why they are going on strike when all their project are sold out and only few flats are remaining.:bab (42):
    CommentQuote
  • RE is an unregulated sector without the status of industry,notwithstanding huge contribution to national GDP. Developers have problems in getting sanctions,they have to get sanctions from multiple agencies of Municipality,Fire etc. All these are time consuming. A low level babu can delay the project if he so wishes. these problems cannot be ignored.
    But at the same time developers are equally at fault by their conduct. pre launch offers get announced and people get carried away by prospect of getting flats at lower rates. papers,sanctions are not in order,agreements do not get registered.So many tricks are played on the buyer who is knowingly or unknowingly letting himself into traps. One sided agreements are prepared by builder and buyers are left with no choice but to sign if he wants a flat.
    ..These difficulties can be mitigated to some extent if the regulatory act gets passed quickly.
    Builders are self inflicted victims to false ads in which they claim most flats are sold out when in reality flats are still lying unsold."hurry only a few flats are left" is a common ad.
    threatening to Go on strike is a gesture to hide their own failings..
    First set their house in order,follow fair practices with customers,avoid smart ads and prospectus/pamphlets with glowing facilities and then putting disclaimers of the prospectus being an illustration. Their organised opposition to setting up of regulatory authority is also unfortunate. .There is no level field in India for anything but we have to play within the inbuilt deficiencies. India has progressed in general in all fields in spite of problems.
    Going on strike is a pressure tactic which will backfire.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by AnkurPune
    I fail to understand why they are going on strike when all their project are sold out and only few flats are remaining.:bab (42):

    Hardly anything is sold and developers holding massive inventory, therefore the strike ...
    CommentQuote
  • Does there strike affects anyone :)
    CommentQuote
  • Builders threatened strike

    Originally Posted by Saurabh01
    Does there strike affects anyone :)


    Very much. Flat owners will face further delay in getting possession of flats. Decline in excise,VAT,Stamp duty collection by the Govt etc
    Building workers will become jobless for the time being.
    General public will be able to get carpenter,plumbers,painters etc more easily since they will not get employment from builders during this period.Strike will directly affect the flat buyers in many more ways.
    CommentQuote
  • who gives a Damn if they strike.:bab (34):

    except for the PAID news will come in TOIlet paper and rigged websites like

    :bab (35):
    CommentQuote
  • i want to sell by 2 year old Maruti for 20 lakhs... but since no one is buying it, i am going on strike too...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by punerebuyer
    i want to sell by 2 year old Maruti for 20 lakhs... but since no one is buying it, i am going on strike too...

    CommentQuote
  • infact yesterday i met one steel manufacturing company and the chairman there told me that these real estate companies take bill for 100 ton of steel, and pay for 50 ton and take cash back for 50 ton, so as to increase their cost and reduce the profit. all this is done to show lower profits.
    CommentQuote
  • On similar lines of CREDAI, buyers should form an association and go on strike(read not buy flats) :-)
    CommentQuote
  • Guys,

    CREDAI's biggest concern is 20 % projects should be reserved for affordable homes. They are opposing this rule badly and they don't want to develop affordable projects. Greedy people!!
    CommentQuote
  • CDERAI should ensure that:

    1. Super area, buildup area, and carpet area should be declared FIRMLY
    2. If there is scope of super area increase, it should be firmly mentioned that super area increase will have a corresponding increase in carpet area also.

    3. Parking charges are ILLEGAL and builders should not charge for it

    4. Service tax on parking charges is even more ILLEGAL

    5. All licence details SHOULD BE CLEARLY MENTIONED IN ADVERTISEMENTS

    6 VERY HIGH PENALTY to be imposed on builders for concealing any legal information about title of land, licence etc.

    7. BUILDERS SHOULD DECLARE FROM WHOM THEY BOUGHT LAND, WHEN , AND FOR HOW MUCH , AND WHAT % HAS BEEN PAID

    8. PENALTY FOR DELAY SHOULD BE REASONABLE AND SHOULD BE ACCORDING TO THE RENTAL OF FLAT. IF DELAY EXCEEDS 6 MONTHS THAN PENALTY SHOULD BE DOUBLED, AND WHEN DELAY EXCEEDS ONE YEAR PENALTY SHOULD BE THREE TIMES

    9. EDC,IDC CALCULATIONS SHOULD BE SHARED WITH BUYERS AND AMOUNT PAID TO REGULATORY AUTHORITIES SHOULD BE KNOWN TO BUYERS.

    10. AFTER TAKING 90% PAYMENT POSSESSION HAS TO BE OFFERED WITHIN 4 MONTHS - currently the norms are 4 years after taking 90% payment.

    THAT IS THE JOB OF CREDAI - LET THEM DO THIS FIRST
    CommentQuote
  • It should also include rules related to loading factor and terrace area charged i.e. 50% of terrace should be charged and loading should not increase 28%.

    Originally Posted by McLordGanj
    CDERAI should ensure that:

    1. Super area, buildup area, and carpet area should be declared FIRMLY
    2. If there is scope of super area increase, it should be firmly mentioned that super area increase will have a corresponding increase in carpet area also.

    3. Parking charges are ILLEGAL and builders should not charge for it

    4. Service tax on parking charges is even more ILLEGAL

    5. All licence details SHOULD BE CLEARLY MENTIONED IN ADVERTISEMENTS

    6 VERY HIGH PENALTY to be imposed on builders for concealing any legal information about title of land, licence etc.

    7. BUILDERS SHOULD DECLARE FROM WHOM THEY BOUGHT LAND, WHEN , AND FOR HOW MUCH , AND WHAT % HAS BEEN PAID

    8. PENALTY FOR DELAY SHOULD BE REASONABLE AND SHOULD BE ACCORDING TO THE RENTAL OF FLAT. IF DELAY EXCEEDS 6 MONTHS THAN PENALTY SHOULD BE DOUBLED, AND WHEN DELAY EXCEEDS ONE YEAR PENALTY SHOULD BE THREE TIMES

    9. EDC,IDC CALCULATIONS SHOULD BE SHARED WITH BUYERS AND AMOUNT PAID TO REGULATORY AUTHORITIES SHOULD BE KNOWN TO BUYERS.

    10. AFTER TAKING 90% PAYMENT POSSESSION HAS TO BE OFFERED WITHIN 4 MONTHS - currently the norms are 4 years after taking 90% payment.

    THAT IS THE JOB OF CREDAI - LET THEM DO THIS FIRST
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by McLordGanj
    Hardly anything is sold and developers holding massive inventory, therefore the strike ...


    I said it as a joke :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by RealHunter1
    Guys,

    CREDAI's biggest concern is 20 % projects should be reserved for affordable homes. They are opposing this rule badly and they don't want to develop affordable projects. Greedy people!!


    This rule is bad for middle class people like us, builders will simply pass the burden to other 80% people. Also, beneficiaries of affordable homes will not be poor people but relatives of neta's and babu's.
    CommentQuote