Living in Pune: Best Suburb?

Hi,

I am thinking of shifting to Pune from Delhi. Looking for a modern two bedroom nice apartment in a trendy locality.

My research says that Pune is quite a safe city for women and I would be working in a NGO.

Since I have no clue as to the suburbs, any help would be much appreciated. And I guess Pune should be better than Delhi on all fronts?

Wot Say?
Read more
26 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Interestingly no replies... i would say Boat club road or Koregaon Park!!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by veeemkay
    Interestingly no replies... i would say Boat club road or Koregaon Park!!!!

Those are way too expensive for a socialiite I believ ...:p
    CommentQuote
  • 'Best Suburb' depends on the type of person you are and what are you willing to pay .... Koregaon Park is one of the costliest and lively place in Pune ....
    In terms of family life and safety for women .... I feel Pune is way ahead of Delhi

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mukesh_pednekar
    'Best Suburb' depends on the type of person you are and what are you willing to pay .... Koregaon Park is one of the costliest and lively place in Pune ....
    In terms of family life and safety for women .... I feel Pune is way ahead of Delhi

I am from delhi and have been in Pune for around 4 years and i totally second your opinion. Weather, safety, property rates, value for money.. pune rocks..

The only thing is miss is Palika Bazar to buy DVDs and Delhi Chatt and Padri..

Pune is way ahead of even Bangalore.. in all aspects..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by akssenti
    I am from delhi and have been in Pune for around 4 years and i totally second your opinion. Weather, safety, property rates, value for money.. pune rocks..

The only thing is miss is Palika Bazar to buy DVDs and Delhi Chatt and Padri..

Pune is way ahead of even Bangalore.. in all aspects..

Hi akssenti,

I have different opinion on “Pune is way ahead of even Bangalore” though I am Maharashtrian and having all respect to Pune city.

Bangalore has nice weather conditions, good infrastructure and it is called as “Garden City” having IT hub. Metro project is already in process.
    In Bangalore, we can get 2 BHK rented independent house in 40 X 60 site in good residential area like Banashankari, JP nagar, Vijay nagar for 7K rent.
    Also, we can get good 2BHK flats for 25-30 lacs from reputed builders in Bangalore suburbs.

="http://www.confident-group.com/"]www.confident-group.com

]http://www.thecommune.in/Commune/project.jsp

Pune market is just hyped in recent years because IT which is still in premature stage in Pune and of close proximity to Mumbai.
    Bangalore has seen recession in IT industry in 2002 as well, hence RE prices are quite stable. Pune has started seeing this recently and correction in RE expected gradually (as realacres mentioned in his posts).

Cost of leaving is too high in Pune. 2 months brokerage in Pune for searching flat is ridiculous.
    I am IT professional and searching job in Pune from past 3 years but no company is matching my current CTC in Pune whereas in recession time also getting offers in Bangalore for 40% pay hike.

I really appreciate realacres who spontaneously informing us about how greedy builders are catching us in their trap and people are paying their hard earned money and taking home loans for next 20 years without any future job security in IT.

PS: This is my personal opinion and having no intention to hurt anyone.
    CommentQuote
  • Me 2

Hi friends pl see the date of the original posting

its in colonial times.
    CommentQuote
  • Microscopic vision.

Well seen sansei. You have a microscopic vision. :D:D Hahahaha. Good observation. Appreciate it.
    CommentQuote
  • "Pune is way ahead of even Bangalore.. in all aspects.. "

I have different opinion on this though I am Maharashtrian and having all respect to Pune city.

Bangalore has nice weather conditions, good infrastructure and it is called as “Garden City” having IT hub. Metro project is already in process.
    In Bangalore, we can get 2 BHK rented independent house in 40 X 60 site in good residential area like Banashankari, JP nagar, Vijay nagar for 7K rent.
    Also, we can get good 2BHK flats for 25-30 lacs from reputed builders in Bangalore suburbs.

www.confident-group.com

thecommune.in/Commune/project.jsp

Pune market is just hyped in recent years because IT which is still in premature stage in Pune and of close proximity to Mumbai.
    Bangalore has seen recession in IT industry in 2002 as well, hence RE prices are quite stable. Pune has started seeing this recently and correction in RE expected gradually (as realacres mentioned in his posts).

Cost of leaving is too high in Pune. 2 months brokerage in Pune for searching flat is ridiculous.
    I am IT professional and searching job in Pune from past 3 years but no company is matching my current CTC in Pune whereas in recession time also getting offers in Bangalore for 40% pay hike.

I really appreciate realacres who spontaneously informing us about how greedy builders are catching us in their trap and people are paying their hard earned money and taking home loans for next 20 years without any future job security in IT.

CommentQuote
  • ^^why double posts
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sandesh1579
    Hi akssenti,

I have different opinion on “Pune is way ahead of even Bangalore” though I am Maharashtrian and having all respect to Pune city.

="http://www.confident-group.com/"]www.confident-group.com

]http://www.thecommune.in/Commune/project.jsp

I think the cultural bias in Bangalore is way more that what i faced in Pune. I found most house owners in Bangalore to be exceptionally greedy and demanded deposits of 2L. Did not help that was there during IT BOOM of 2006. Also one ways were killing and was faced enormous traffic jams. Also prefer wada pav to idli sambar.. so maybe I have a bias.

I think the cultural bias in Bangalore is way more that what i faced in Pune. I found most house owners in Bangalore to be exceptionally greedy and demanded deposits of 2L. Did not help that was there during IT BOOM of 2006. Also one ways were killing and was faced enormous traffic jams. Also prefer wada pav to idli sambar.. so maybe I have a bias.

CommentQuote
  • Why don't we concentrate on the question asked? (best suburb in Pune) and not compare cities!!!
    CommentQuote
  • ^^ right said :-p

to me its Bavdhan :D
    CommentQuote
  • I think Magarpatta is the best place based on value for money..
    CommentQuote
  • this is highly subjective. i would like to stay in sindh colony or national society or abhimanshree society but i do not have crores of rupees.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by akssenti

Sorry for posting it again and again…..Whenever I was replying, it was always going to the Moderator and I couldn’t see it posted. Hence replying again and again… But now I could see all are released :)

I do agree with your mentioned points which I too observed here.

Well, as mentioned I will stop comparing the cities in this thread :)
    CommentQuote