Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Living in Pune: Best Suburb?

Collapse
X
Collapse

Living in Pune: Best Suburb?

Last updated: October 21 2009
27 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #21

    #21

    Re : Living in Pune: Best Suburb?

    what are some of the reputed schools in wakad/baner? most are international isnt it?

    Comment

    • #22

      #22

      Re : Living in Pune: Best Suburb?

      How about living near Talegaon, Ambegaon? It is not very far from Hinjewadi plus has that rural feel to it, close to lonavala... Again, it depends... I like peaceful environment and greenery around... a place that you can really feel like Home. Any suggestions?

      Comment

      • #23

        #23

        Re : Living in Pune: Best Suburb?

        Originally posted by sam_sang View Post
        what are some of the reputed schools in wakad/baner? most are international isnt it?
        Unfortunately there are no good schools near/in Wakad. This is one of the main reasons we did not look around Wakad though many schemes I heard were good and were affordable for us. Wakad is a relatively new upcoming location and the only advantage at the moment is that its very close to Hinjewadi. Hopefully Bishops will start a new branch at Wakad soon. I feel like writing to the Bishops principal and suggesting in case they open a new branch, to open it around Wakad, Balewadi area, so that people near these areas can benefit. Its not fair that the good ICSE schools are all in camp

        There are no good schools at Baner also. I heard that the residents at Baner mostly send their children to DAV at Aundh. One of my colleague who resides at Baner sends her kid to DAV.

        Comment

        • #24

          #24

          Re : Living in Pune: Best Suburb?

          Wakad? Talegaon??

          A lot of posts in this thread sound suspiciously like they're posted by brokers. Since when did Wakad, Talegaon, Baner, and Ambegaon become Pune's best suburb?? Are these suburbs being discussed only because most new construction is happening there? Hmmm..

          Koregaon Park, Boat Club Road/Camp, and some parts of Kalyani Nagar (please exclude the so-called "extensions") qualify from East Pune, and Sindh Colony qualifies from West Pune, with a couple of "baug" colonies thrown in. Sorry to say, but all other places mentioned in this thread are distant runners in the race. Some of the older areas mentioned like Kothrud can be considered as options because of their developed infrastructure and proximity to public places, but places like Baner or Talegaon are not even in the race.

          Let's take an example. Koregaon Park is about 2-3km. away from the railway station, airport, large hospitals, famous schools/colleges, shopping malls, multiplexes, fancy restaurants and clubs, golf courses, and several IT campuses. Plus, the area is one of the greener parts of Pune, and has a cosmopolitan and mostly upmarket set of people. Compare this to say, Talegaon or Baner, and it doesn't match up to any of the points except for maybe, proximity to IT parks located in the Hinjewadi area.

          Case in point: The hyped up areas in and around Hinjewadi are similar in location and lack of infrastructure to areas in Bangalore outskirts like Hosur Road, Sarjapur etc. Despite the sustained hype and proximity to IT companies, the areas never really developed meaningful infrastructure over the last 10 years. A couple of international schools here and there does not qualify for good infrastructure. Incidentally, apartments in that area are going for about 1/2 to 2/3 the price of Baner and other outlying areas.
          Last edited October 20 2009, 02:04 PM.

          Comment

          • #25

            #25

            Re : Living in Pune: Best Suburb?

            Originally posted by asliarun View Post

            Case in point: The hyped up areas in and around Hinjewadi are similar in location and lack of infrastructure to areas in Bangalore outskirts like Hosur Road, Sarjapur etc. Despite the sustained hype and proximity to IT companies, the areas never really developed meaningful infrastructure over the last 10 years. A couple of international schools here and there does not qualify for good infrastructure. .
            Very True.....
            At least Hosur & Sarjapur road have better approach roads compared to Baner, PS, etc.

            Originally posted by asliarun View Post
            Incidentally, apartments in that area are going for about 1/2 to 2/3 the price of Baner and other outlying areas.
            True... Visited couple of properties in Hosur and Banergatta road last weekend. Indeed better options are available than Pune outskirts.

            Comment

            • #26

              #26

              Re : Living in Pune: Best Suburb?

              Nyati County - Kondhwa

              I have seen the development and progress of this place, being an NRI and ex mumbaite, I think this place is a happening place with choriantian club, DPS & Bishops school in close proximity. i have taken a Villa there and an enjoying the place and the people.
              Roland

              Comment

              • #27

                #27

                Re : Living in Pune: Best Suburb?

                Originally posted by drole12 View Post
                I have seen the development and progress of this place, being an NRI and ex mumbaite, I think this place is a happening place with choriantian club, DPS & Bishops school in close proximity. i have taken a Villa there and an enjoying the place and the people.
                Roland
                Congrats on your new house. Please can anyone tell me more about Nyati County ? in terms of his accesebility to Station, schools etc ? I notice there are some good schemes by Nyati in that locality.

                Comment

                Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                Working...
                X