Help in contacts for total interior revamp

Last updated: May 18 2012
1 | Posts
1141 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help in contacts for total interior revamp

I am planning to buy a resale property, which is in a good shape structurally, but not so cosmetically. Before moving in, I plan to do all the cosmetic work in it. I request help on the following matter.

The property is in Kharadi (in PMC area ), and I am ready to hunt all over Pune for good prices for the renovation.

Work planned:

1. New wiring in house. Is it required? Because present wiring is 10 years old, and it is not concealed. Am I looking at too high a cost here? I would put only Roma or Anchor switches.

2. Tiles for all house on ground. The present tiles are very dull and lifeless. The new tiles can be installed over the top of the present ones, thus avoiding delays and additional costs for removing present ones. I am looking for 2x2 vitrified that are about 70-80rs psqft. How much will be the labour charge for these? And area for such shops?

3. Toilet-bathroom revamp with all new fittings including pot and taps. What should be the average cost for wall tiles with fitting?

4. Kitchen renovation with new platform L shaped. I found this post really helpful:
    https://www.indianrealestateforum.co...425#post116425
    Is there anything to add to this?

5. All the windows are very classical, the iron ones. I am planning to change them to large sliding ones, with lower half solid glass and upper half sliding, something like this without the doors:

The purpose of the bottom solid glass is that there is no balcony, and there should be some deterrent for suicidal kids I plan to enlarge the current small window slots in the wall a bit without damaging the columns and beams.

I invite comments and if possible, contacts of people and shops that will give the best service and rates. Thanks!

Re : Help in contacts for total interior revamp

Originally posted by ani_meher View Post
    Work planned:

1. New wiring in house. Is it required? Because present wiring is 10 years old, and it is not concealed. Am I looking at too high a cost here? I would put only Roma or Anchor switches.

It is recommended to have concealed wiring as this is one time item. If not done, it will remain the same for years. If you plan to live in this house, then get it done if it is doable. Consult a good electrician.

Check what is currently available for safety i.e. MCB, ELCB (Earth Leakage Circuit Breaker). MCB should be a minimum. Add ELCB only if needed.

You can also get changes in switch locations or add/remove points as per your renovation plan. Mainly applicable for 16 Amp power points (needed for washing m/c, geysers, refrigerators etc). And as per your furniture plan.

Switches:
    Apart from Roma, le grande is another alternative. You can check out Alme modular switches (not sure if its quality is as good as Roma/le grande. Might be a bit economical but good - Alemac Switches & Accessories :: Products).

2. Tiles for all house on ground. The present tiles are very dull and lifeless. The new tiles can be installed over the top of the present ones, thus avoiding delays and additional costs for removing present ones. I am looking for 2x2 vitrified that are about 70-80rs psqft. How much will be the labour charge for these? And area for such shops?

3. Toilet-bathroom revamp with all new fittings including pot and taps. What should be the average cost for wall tiles with fitting?

You have not mentioned your budget. But check out RAK and Kajaria before finalizing your budget/plan. RAK should be available from RAK Swargate showroom (in Vega center - next to Aayakar bhavan on Shankarsheth road). In general, all tiles related showrooms are located here. Don't have details of any showrooms in East Pune. Check with the head office.

For toilet-bathroom, there are bathroom sets available. You can choose as per your budget.

For taps etc, again it depends on your budget. Good brands are Jaquar, RAK-Kludi (KLUDI RAK). Check out some more brands. Key thing is, now there are many more options than Jaquar.

A tip -
    You may want to check out the base discount offered and then bargain for as much more discount as you can avail. So combine all your needs - floor tiles, wall tiles, bathroom tiles, bathroom fittings, sanitary ware etc. And then try to get as good a deal as possible from one vendor.

4. Kitchen renovation with new platform L shaped. I found this post really helpful:
    https://www.indianrealestateforum.co...425#post116425
    Is there anything to add to this?

5. All the windows are very classical, the iron ones. I am planning to change them to large sliding ones, with lower half solid glass and upper half sliding, something like this without the doors:

This design is doable with aluminum sliding windows. There are just too many vendors for this. They all source the frame of a few manufacturers. Jindal is one. There may be a few more. Check out options including anodized ones (you may have seen dark Mehendi colored sliding windows in some of the new constructions).

Check out if you want tinted glass or plain one. Good branded glasses (Saint Gobain etc.) are available at reasonable rate.

I invite comments and if possible, contacts of people and shops that will give the best service and rates. Thanks!
    comments inline in blue. All the best !!

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
    Working...
    X