Last updated: January 8 2019
19 | Posts
32183 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Procedure to Change the Name on Electricity Bill

Hi,

Can someone plz tell me the procedure to change the name on electricity bill? My flat is located at Pimple saudagar, at preset builder name is coming on it and I want to change it to my name.

Plz tell me which MSEB office should I visit and charges I need to pay for this.

Thnaks in advance
    Last edited March 22 2017, 03:45 PM.

Re : Procedure to Change the Name on Electricity Bill

I don't know the procedure, but at least you may inquire with the nearby MSEB office. There is one just before the ParkStreet when going from PS.

But one important thing is that, you should do it as soon as possible, coz for builders the per unit rate is charged as per Commercial rules (if he has not done the required procedure already) and thats almost double the Domestic per unit charge. Usually a builder does all these formalities as you get the flat possession, so you may also check with them first, even insist for it.

Comment

Thnaks Spoke for your reply. I bought a ready possesion flat anf meter was on builder's name. Can you tell me is it the only owner's responsibilty to change the name?

Comment

Be it a ready possession, builder should do it for you as far as you purchased it directly from builder (not a resale one). So you should ask him first, but if he doesn't do it, you will have to bear the extra amount (if it comes at commercial rate, I'm not sure what need to be done to convert it to a domestic user).
        btw, have you got bill after using the electricity for a month of time? then how are the numbers?

Comment

Is there any kind of action I can take against builder?

Comment

Originally posted by RBagade
            Is there any kind of action I can take against builder?
            Dear RBagade,
            Hold on. You need to make a application along with your Agreement to Sale/ Sale Deed with Index II at the nearby MSEDCL office. Be assured that if it is your individual meter than its charged at domestic rate. It it's construction meter then only it's charged at higher rate. You can request your builder to get this job done for you.
            Last edited June 2 2012, 12:12 AM.
            Jitendra Pethkar | Pethkar Projects

Comment

I too believe that the builder should have done this for you. And the builder should be able to tell which MSEB office you should contact. So you should raise the concern with your builder in the first place.

Comment

Hey thanks guys for your valuable inputs.

One of my friends sent me the detailed process of name change on meter.

Process for Electricity Bill Transfer:
                ----------------------------------------
                1. Fill up the form A-1 and U available at :: MAHADISCOM - Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Co. Ltd ::
                2. You will need seller’s signature on form U section 3 (b) – consent of security deposit transfer on buyer’s name
                3. Attach the true copy of sale deed along with this form
                4. Attach a Rs 100 affidavit as undertaking, format available at :: MAHADISCOM - Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Co. Ltd :: or with me.
                5. Submit these document to any CFC (consumer facilitation center) of Mahadiscom. I did it at CFC near to Kunal Icon
                6. They will give you a printed receipt as acknowledgment
                7. After 2 months or so you will get a call on the number provided in the form to pay a transfer fee
                8. I paid it at Pimpri Electricity office (near nav Maharashtra school) of Rs 26
                9. Take a photocopy and submit it at CFC again
                10. Next month electricity bill will be on your name.

Posting here to help others for same issue.

Comment

Originally posted by RBagade
                  Hey thanks guys for your valuable inputs.

One of my friends sent me the detailed process of name change on meter.

Process for Electricity Bill Transfer:
                  ----------------------------------------
                  1. Fill up the form A-1 and U available at :: MAHADISCOM - Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Co. Ltd ::
                  2. You will need seller's signature on form U section 3 (b) - consent of security deposit transfer on buyer's name
                  3. Attach the true copy of sale deed along with this form
                  4. Attach a Rs 100 affidavit as undertaking, format available at :: MAHADISCOM - Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Co. Ltd :: or with me.
                  5. Submit these document to any CFC (consumer facilitation center) of Mahadiscom. I did it at CFC near to Kunal Icon
                  6. They will give you a printed receipt as acknowledgment
                  7. After 2 months or so you will get a call on the number provided in the form to pay a transfer fee
                  8. I paid it at Pimpri Electricity office (near nav Maharashtra school) of Rs 26
                  9. Take a photocopy and submit it at CFC again
                  10. Next month electricity bill will be on your name.

Posting here to help others for same issue.
                  Dear RBagade,
                  Thx for point wise explanation of the procedure.
                  Jitendra Pethkar | Pethkar Projects

Comment

What the case for double transfer(resale case)?
                    Say there is a person A who bought it from builder, currently bill is in his name.
                    Then person B bought from person A but didn't transferred name.
                    Now person C bought from person B and wants to get his name on the bill ?

Comment

Tags: None
                    Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X