Bio-gas Plant, Kharadi

Last updated: June 26 2012
3 | Posts
1482 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bio-gas Plant, Kharadi

Had read about a Bio-gas plant getting a green signal in a Newspaper, from PMC in Kharadi, which comes on the back side of Ganga Constella.

But then heard the rumor that Ganga & Gera Builders have seen to it that the Bio-gas Plant is getting moved from the actual site as mentioned in the newspaper. Is it true or just a rumor.

Re : Bio-gas Plant, Kharadi

Originally posted by immortal View Post
    Had read about a Bio-gas plant getting a green signal in a Newspaper, from PMC in Kharadi, which comes on the back side of Ganga Constella.

But then heard the rumor that Ganga & Gera Builders have seen to it that the Bio-gas Plant is getting moved from the actual site as mentioned in the newspaper. Is it true or just a rumor.
    I did read about the residents formally complaining about bio-gas plan in the vicinity. I am not sure if their complaint was taking care of. Would be good to know the update.

Comment

Bio gas project

Originally posted by mangopeople View Post
      I did read about the residents formally complaining about bio-gas plan in the vicinity. I am not sure if their complaint was taking care of. Would be good to know the update.
      Theoretically these projects are good. But how many such projects are running well in Pune? I read somewhere that most of the bio gas plants in Pune are u/s. Due to this,these plants should never be positioned in crowded areas but in outskirts due to practical reasons for time being.
      If residents have represented,nothing wrong with that. PMC should plan such projects in far off area,get expertise in running it smoothly without stinking up the whole area and then allow such plants to some up in residential areas.The technology is still not perfect,it has its pros and cons:
      Pros:
      • Can be used in natural gas facilities
      • Cheap technology
      • renewable source
      Cons:

• Still pollutes
      • Long production time
      • Smaller energy output than natural gas
      • needs 'cleaning', has a lot of impurities(Wiki answers).

Comment

Can anyone throw some light on the main query please...

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
        Working...
        X