Hello All:
I plan to buy a property in Aundh. Does any one know the prevailing rates for this area in the current market scenerio. I am getting unreliable information from a number of sources. I have read some real good posts on this site....please provide your valuable guidance

Thanks -
Read more
97 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Sat234
    Terreza in aundh .. new scheme.. quoted me over 2 cr. Didn't even ask him the area. Aloma county resales are about 1.2 and negotiable.

Sat, I know you like Aundh. :)

Do you know if there is any on-going construction beside the towers (queens towers) just opp to Medipoint?

I met the Director on a flight, and he offered me a pre launch rate of 6500 but that was a year ago. The website still list the project as upcoming. Queens Tower ph 2. To be a stand alone building. I had met a tenant in ph 1 and was advised average rent for 2 bed is around 20k

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by RP Pune
    Sat, I know you like Aundh. :)

Do you know if there is any on-going construction beside the towers (queens towers) just opp to Medipoint?

I met the Director on a flight, and he offered me a pre launch rate of 6500 but that was a year ago. The website still list the project as upcoming. Queens Tower ph 2. To be a stand alone building. I had met a tenant in ph 1 and was advised average rent for 2 bed is around 20k

There is something going on just opposite Kumar prerna/padmalaya . The metal sheets are up and hoarding is on it. Did not stop to see the details, will go there sometime. Maybe these are the ones beside queens tower. I have not seen queens tower though, just saw its website and that it is opp. Medipoint.
    In Aundh, there is another from Sylvan heights coming up. A friend told me they will go over 1.5 Cr so did not even inquire.
    Nandan Festiva and Aspira are under construction (slabs are up). Looks unaffordable.

Yes, I like Aundh. I must add that like every locality, there are pros and cons. Infrastructure is good. No water problems (except PMC power cuts and wastrel neighbours in your apartment who wash their cars daily). No frequent power cuts except weekly MSEDCL scheduled ones. It is somewhat neat and green.
    There are some slum pockets though, which are ugly.
    CommentQuote
  • Aundh property prices

Originally Posted by Sat234
    There is something going on just opposite Kumar prerna/padmalaya . The metal sheets are up and hoarding is on it. Did not stop to see the details, will go there sometime. Maybe these are the ones beside queens tower. I have not seen queens tower though, just saw its website and that it is opp. Medipoint.

In Aundh, there is another from Sylvan heights coming up. A friend told me they will go over 1.5 Cr so did not even inquire.

Nandan Festiva and Aspira are under construction (slabs are up). Looks unaffordable.

Yes, I like Aundh. I must add that like every locality, there are pros and cons. Infrastructure is good. No water problems (except PMC power cuts and wastrel neighbours in your apartment who wash their cars daily). No frequent power cuts except weekly MSEDCL scheduled ones. It is somewhat neat and green.

Alright good to know.

I think u doing the right thing. Take your time. There are great chances of you getting a good deal in bear market.

On another note, u not planning to go onsite? Wife job thingy could also work out potentially. Getting committed to a house could impact freedom of movement :)

Don't respond if it's too personal

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by RP Pune
    Alright good to know.

I think u doing the right thing. Take your time. There are great chances of you getting a good deal in bear market.

On another note, u not planning to go onsite? Wife job thingy could also work out potentially. Getting committed to a house could impact freedom of movement :)

Don't respond if it's too personal

No onsite in near future. If I get the opportunity, I will take it, but it looks bleak :)

>> Getting committed to a house could impact freedom of movement :)

Yes, it will. I would not be able to shift cities quickly.
    Besides, getting married itself impacts the freedom of movement :);)

In fact, it is easier to move onsite when married then shifting within India. I can simply lock up the flat and go and return when done.

>> There are great chances of you getting a good deal in bear market.
    I cannot predict how long this bear run will last, but I personally feel Pune market is still overvalued. As soon as I get a good deal, I will go ahead.
    CommentQuote

The culprit is the size, whose saleable area is around 3500+ sq ft. The good thing though is builder is giving open layout & buyer has freedom to choose the configuration & size of rooms as per their wish. This project though is good for those having 6+ members in family. Atleast for me, 4.5/5 BR is not required. But with Nandan Prospera seepage issues, suddenly I have reservations about Nandan buildcon. I know couple of families who are interested in this project, will check it out again, the only stuff which bothers is this project should not end like Gods Blessings, KP; where out of some 20-22 flats (1 flat per floor) only 2-3 are occupied. Gives ghost building feel :o.

I cannot predict how long this bear run will last, but I personally feel Pune market is still overvalued. As soon as I get a good deal, I will go ahead.

+1. Agree completely.
    CommentQuote

Do you guys know what are current resale rates for 3 BHK near Kumar Padmalaya and Prerana.

Are these good societies to live? I personally dont like the area neat medipoint as they are crowded in the evening bcos of commercial surroundings..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pareshdg
    Do you guys know what are current resale rates for 3 BHK near Kumar Padmalaya and Prerana.

Are these good societies to live? I personally dont like the area neat medipoint as they are crowded in the evening bcos of commercial surroundings..

I am not sure about resale prices there. In most of Aundh, prices are upward of 1 Cr.

>> crowded in the evening bcos of commercial surroundings

It is all right. The problem is some slum pockets on road from medipoint to dav school. I have seen the nuisance created by them. You might even be woken up late at night by noises of some ladies fights or brawling drunks in those slums (not very frequently though). But still the place seems pretty safe because they generally dont poke you unnecessarily, unlike in Hinjewadi.

>> Are these good societies to live?

Yes, they seem to be. But still, try to move towards Nagras road. Or move towards Anand park, gulmohar park and aashiyana park. Price mein jyada difference nahi hoga. Note that there are many flats under apartment, not society, in Aundh. Do check out if you are not okay with apartment system.

If you have an amazing budget (10 cr +), go for National Society, Sindh Colony, Abhimanshree, or Goodwill society (Sanewadi) (< 10Cr). Heard about some political interference in these societies because some big shots have their homes here.
    CommentQuote
    I am not sure about resale prices there. In most of Aundh, prices are upward of 1 Cr.

>> crowded in the evening bcos of commercial surroundings

It is all right. The problem is some slum pockets on road from medipoint to dav school. I have seen the nuisance created by them. You might even be woken up late at night by noises of some ladies fights or brawling drunks in those slums (not very frequently though). But still the place seems pretty safe because they generally dont poke you unnecessarily, unlike in Hinjewadi.

>> Are these good societies to live?

Yes, they seem to be. But still, try to move towards Nagras road. Or move towards Anand park, gulmohar park and aashiyana park. Price mein jyada difference nahi hoga. Note that there are many flats under apartment, not society, in Aundh. Do check out if you are not okay with apartment system.

If you have an amazing budget (10 cr +), go for National Society, Sindh Colony, Abhimanshree, or Goodwill society (Sanewadi) (< 10Cr). Heard about some political interference in these societies because some big shots have their homes here.

Thanks for the details. the societies near Anand park seems to be very old. 15+ years and may have less amenities. I was also checking Aloma county resales which are around 1.2 CR negotiable, how does it compare to some societies in Baner pashan link road (Mangolia, Camelia) as they are also qouted in 1.1-1.2 CR range?

About your other recommendation,10CR+ ...I was laughing ;) Man I wish I could have so much money :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pareshdg
    Thanks for the details. the societies near Anand park seems to be very old. 15+ years and may have less amenities. I was also checking Aloma county resales which are around 1.2 CR negotiable, how does it compare to some societies in Baner pashan link road (Mangolia, Camelia) as they are also qouted in 1.1-1.2 CR range?

About your other recommendation,10CR+ ...I was laughing ;) Man I wish I could have so much money :)

Haha.. you did not mention your budget so I thought I might let you know.

I would avoid Aloma. Same problem as medipoint area. narrow approach road with slum elements.

Better go to magnolia or camelia rather than aloma. I personally did not like camelia or magnolia, but you might like them. Go and take a look. Check for construction quality, and take a walk in the parking area.

>> the societies near Anand park seems to be very old.

Old, but not fifteen years. Around ten years maybe. And believe me, those older constructions show no signs of seepage or wear and tear as compared to five year old buildings in Baner.

No amenities - true. Costly - yes. But the place has a good feel.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Friends,

I am currently looking to buy property, after lots of visits found a 2 BHK flat ~ 850 sq ft for Rs 9500/psf (after negotiation).

Pro
    - bldg on the main road
    - Good construction
    - higher floor + lift (mentioning this, since some of societies in Aundh have 3-4 floors and no lift)
    - Maintenance is around Rs 1000/pm
    - Good Rental, roughly 20000pm

Cons
    - Size of the flat is smaller for 2bhk size
    - Old bldg with > years since possession
    - price per sq ft is very high

Background
    - I would like to keep this flat for 4-5 years (hopefully max),
    - i am currently working in other city, if i come back to pune, will stay here given its connectivity etc. Till then will give on rent, and if decision of moving to pune is delayed beyond that, then may sell the flat.

Question
    - Can i expect decent appreciation in flat prices 3-5 years, given my entry price will be Rs 9500/sqft ( or Rs 10000 psf including stamp/registration)
    - given the new mall coming up (Westend mall) will it have any positive impact on prices? or no impact at all?
    - Any other thoughts consideration etc?

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by standard001
    Hi Friends,

I am currently looking to buy property, after lots of visits found a 2 BHK flat ~ 850 sq ft for Rs 9500/psf (after negotiation).

Pro
    - bldg on the main road
    - Good construction
    - higher floor + lift (mentioning this, since some of societies in Aundh have 3-4 floors and no lift)
    - Maintenance is around Rs 1000/pm
    - Good Rental, roughly 20000pm

Cons
    - Size of the flat is smaller for 2bhk size
    - Old bldg with > years since possession
    - price per sq ft is very high

Background
    - I would like to keep this flat for 4-5 years (hopefully max),
    - i am currently working in other city, if i come back to pune, will stay here given its connectivity etc. Till then will give on rent, and if decision of moving to pune is delayed beyond that, then may sell the flat.

Question
    - Can i expect decent appreciation in flat prices 3-5 years, given my entry price will be Rs 9500/sqft ( or Rs 10000 psf including stamp/registration)
    - given the new mall coming up (Westend mall) will it have any positive impact on prices? or no impact at all?
    - Any other thoughts consideration etc?

Thanks

If it is old building, it may not be easy to sell after 4-5 years.
    though Aundh is still costlier, Aundh prices are appreciating more slowly as compared to , say Wakad or PS. I have a feeling that PS will someday cross Aundh rates.

Depends on where in Aundh though. Go for it if you are looking at Anand park area (basically between ITI road and seasons hotel). That place always commands high prices. And you will always get good rent there. If you think the flat is small and you may not like to live there yourself in future, then reconsider your decision.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BaagadBilla
    If it is old building, it may not be easy to sell after 4-5 years.
    though Aundh is still costlier, Aundh prices are appreciating more slowly as compared to , say Wakad or PS. I have a feeling that PS will someday cross Aundh rates.

Depends on where in Aundh though. Go for it if you are looking at Anand park area (basically between ITI road and seasons hotel). That place always commands high prices. And you will always get good rent there. If you think the flat is small and you may not like to live there yourself in future, then reconsider your decision.

The location is near to the near to the new Westend mall (coming up).

I am fine with the property except the price.. property +stamp will cost of Rs 10k psf. Which i think it will be on very higher side. I am okay with anything upto 7.5k psf.

when you say it may not be easy to sell after 4-5 years, you mean prices will starting to go down slightly?
    CommentQuote
  • Pune market is slightly different than mumbai..

i.e., older property wont give much return (older--> 3rd hand for new buyer)

because, older flat wont have... any faclities like lift + AC point, good qulity tiles, fitting, etc...
    A 'smart' buyer look these all thing..apart from price or MALL...

MALL on that..small road is botleneck.... 100%
    just look to that road in evening... near Relainace, D mart... then. project that road..future....

Cheers!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by punewest
    Pune market is slightly different than mumbai..

i.e., older property wont give much return (older--> 3rd hand for new buyer)

because, older flat wont have... any faclities like lift + AC point, good qulity tiles, fitting, etc...
    A 'smart' buyer look these all thing..apart from price or MALL...

MALL on that..small road is botleneck.... 100%
    just look to that road in evening... near Relainace, D mart... then. project that road..future....

Cheers!

most opinion on this forum and is inline with my gut feeling that i should avoid this property/area at this price.

Although i have committed to him without the token money, i will give it a pass.

Thanks everyone
    CommentQuote
  • Look for PS..PS gives more Rental income thna wakad too

Originally Posted by standard001
    most opinion on this forum and is inline with my gut feeling that i should avoid this property/area at this price.

Although i have committed to him without the token money, i will give it a pass.

Thanks everyone

Look for PS..
    PS givesmore Rental income thna wakad too.

Try to explore PS..u ll get 1 bhk..in good soc..all aminities...less than 50Lac..
    rent will be mini. INR 13500 K for unfrunish 1 bhk in PS..
    In wakad..it wil be...11500-13000 K.
    CommentQuote