Collapse

Pune builders are playing game

Last updated: April 18 2010
33 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Pune builders are playing game

Sorry if I had hurt someone but I do not like personal comment on me. I have a strong opinion that open space should not be allowed for parking as it is for childers to play and people to walk or jog. I am afraid that builders will give all this open space as free parking instead of building parking or will include parking rate in flat cost and that will be unnecessary burden for people not having a car.
    Yes carpet area issue is very IMP and only solution to it is to count carpet area or ask to builder and then get rate based on per sq carpet area. I did that for few projects and found that loading factor was from 25 to 35 %

Comment

Guys,

The Maharashtra MOFA act makes it very clear to sale the flats based only on carpet area, violation of which can lead to 3 years of imprisonment.

What does the agreemnt mention nowadays ? Does it mention that he flat is sold based on saleable area ? Please post, if anyone has any related info.

This is how the builders rip off the buyers:-
      They charge the buyer for saleable area. So, if one buys a 1200 sqft flat, and gets a flat of carpet area 900 sqft. Now, as per the builder, this difference includes space for staircase, garden, amenities etc. This includes parking too, for which the builders charge even 1.75 L.

Even after paying for the saleable area, the buyer is again asked to pay for amenities, parking etc. the charges of which range from 3L to 5L. This really a double rip off of the innocent buyers.

In fact, the question to be asked is, is there so much amount of open space left by the builder ? So, in a scheme of say 100 2 BHK flats of 1000 sqft each, the total carpet area will be 1L sqft and the open space should be 25,000 sqft(as the loading factor is 25%). But is that the case really ? 100 flats means around 3 buildings of 5 storied. Do we see so much of open space. On top[ of this, the open space is without construction costs, but the builder charges for it at the same rate as that of the constructed area.

Comment

Parking Woes.

Originally posted by Sansei View Post
        Another interesting news in PCMC

Front page Pune newsline i,e Supplement of Indian Express dtd 23 May 09.

Parking Space denial will put builders on PCMC blacklist.

On friday Municipal commsnr- Asheeh Sharma said ' if citizen bring to our notice ,builders violation rules and regu, we will take stern action. These will be blacklisted and will not get any future PCMC projects until they take care of complaints. Dominic Lobo a civic acticist said PCMC will commit contempt of court, if it does not enforce free parking rule.

Ref: Under MAH ownership of flats act 1963, builders r obliged to provide parking spaces to all apartments in society, cannot charge buyers for the same - Bombay High Court.
        Nehalchand Laloochand Vs Panchali Co-operative housing society LTD case

Further on the topic, it seems notices have been sent by PCMC refer Indian Express dtd 30 May .

Another interesting piece in SAKAL on 31 May:-

Discussion on regularisation of construction on hills in merged villages.

Yesterday meeting was called by Palak mantri Pune to discuss this issue

so that DP of Pune pending for over two decades can be approved.

It seems fm the news Cong + Shiv Sena support ban on const on hill

top and want PMC to act on builders, but NCP is against this. It wants

some percentage of construction allowed on Hill Top.

The dead lock continues, and very soon, we may just remember Pune hill

tops fm photographs, since builders continue to build unmindful of PMC,

OR DP ( development plan).

Comment

Originally posted by realpune View Post
          Guys,

The Maharashtra MOFA act makes it very clear to sale the flats based only on carpet area, violation of which can lead to 3 years of imprisonment.

What does the agreemnt mention nowadays ? Does it mention that he flat is sold based on saleable area ? Please post, if anyone has any related info.

This is how the builders rip off the buyers:-
          They charge the buyer for saleable area. So, if one buys a 1200 sqft flat, and gets a flat of carpet area 900 sqft. Now, as per the builder, this difference includes space for staircase, garden, amenities etc. This includes parking too, for which the builders charge even 1.75 L.

Even after paying for the saleable area, the buyer is again asked to pay for amenities, parking etc. the charges of which range from 3L to 5L. This really a double rip off of the innocent buyers.

In fact, the question to be asked is, is there so much amount of open space left by the builder ? So, in a scheme of say 100 2 BHK flats of 1000 sqft each, the total carpet area will be 1L sqft and the open space should be 25,000 sqft(as the loading factor is 25%). But is that the case really ? 100 flats means around 3 buildings of 5 storied. Do we see so much of open space. On top[ of this, the open space is without construction costs, but the builder charges for it at the same rate as that of the constructed area.

I am totally agree with you that flats must be sold on carpet area and in recent agree ment I found builders mentioning carpet area. I was shocked to see one local builders having load fatcor of even 50% (In mumbai). Rates on saleable area always confuse me. I always ask builder carpet area and also use excel to actually calculate it. Also I always divide it by total cost (whatever rubbish included) to get psf rate and it help me to compare prices.

Comment

Thanks for the information Sasona...
            Will check these points while buying home...

Originally posted by sansona View Post
            Dipti - I have found the same in Magarpatta. They claimed that they reduced prices by 300 Rs. and parking is 50% off and MSEB free. However, they increased the loading (I will explain that) so that overall cost is same.
            Loading is the factor they multiply to the carpet area (carpet area is the actual area you use inside the house, excluding walls, terrace).
            Industry standard for loading is 25% and tarrace is calculated 50%.
            e.g. if carpet is 1000 and terrace is 200, then total salable area is = (1000+200/2)x1.25= 1375.
            If they increase loading to 35%, the same would be 1485, which means you have to pay extra for 110 Sq. ft. Even if rate is 3000, you end up paying extra 330000/-.

I have observed this up to 43% in Nance Lake homes (katraj) and 35% in Nancy Brahma (Bavdhan).

Pune builders are playing game and we should nail them down.

cheers
            Sansona

Comment

Recently visited Suyog bldrs in Wagholi. They had mentioned lowest loading with reasonable prices.

Found their loading around an incredible 22 %. Will definitely measure with a tape, if i decide to buy.

Comment

"life" is short, and its getting shorter these days - though someone might debate that the mortality rate and the expectancy figures are improving.

if you want to make investments for kids, buy houses in wagholi, chakan etc.

If you want to buy a house for living in the next 10 years choose a better place to live even if you have to shell out a few bucks more.

Ignore my comments if you are a 50+ or retired person who want to settle in a remote place.

Comment

Friends P-BAP yah BAP or CREDAI is hosting East Pune RE at WEIKFIELD IT park Vimannagar this week end.

Attend it, but do convey to the bldrs ur affordable rate and avoid foolish traps. Lots & lots of flats r vacant in these areas. Roads r to be built and water is a problem.

Comment

PCPC to held builders accountable for flats sold

This has been discussed eariler. But the link to the entire article was not available.

]http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/pimpri-builders-to-be-held-accountable-for-flats-sold/471023/[/URL]

A very good move by PCMC Comissioner Mr. Ashish Sharma.

Comment

Guys,

I see 2 threads 'Pune builders playing game' and 'If they can be united, why can't we' to be similar.

Lets merge this thread into one, so as to have everything in one place.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X