Hello Friends,

I am planning to buy flat very soon. I have come to down to 2 areas. Balewadi and Pimple saudagar. In Balewadi good builder and reasonably good areas are quoting 3000-3100. I typically liked Adiya Comfort zone.
In Pimple saudagar I get price of 2500 for decent developers (hardly any good developer there) . So pricewise pimple saudagar seems good but locality seems cluttered. What is your opinion. I can afford both the places but I am looking for better return of investment in terms of Locality.

Let me know what do you think ??
Read more
Reply
40 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by upadhyaya_amit
    Hello Friends,

    I am planning to buy flat very soon. I have come to down to 2 areas. Balewadi and Pimple saudagar. In Balewadi good builder and reasonably good areas are quoting 3000-3100. I typically liked Adiya Comfort zone.
    In Pimple saudagar I get price of 2500 for decent developers (hardly any good developer there) . So pricewise pimple saudagar seems good but locality seems cluttered. What is your opinion. I can afford both the places but I am looking for better return of investment in terms of Locality.

    Let me know what do you think ??

    If u r looking for returns, PS will move up more since its prices are less..Balewadi is better area but not a lot of upside due to supply demand gap..In boom time it is another story altogether. For investment wai for 6 months to decide
    CommentQuote
  • Balewadi is near to express way and IT park. Rates are higher than PS. PS has better infrastructure at this moment. many politians have taken land in Balewadi and so big educational institues and colleges will come up in Balewadi.
    CommentQuote
  • GK - Not worth the price.

    GK is quoting high price. Its not worth the price.

    Good points about PS area: Shops are coming up like mushrooms :), some road expansion happening.

    Bad things: It is getting very crowded. All you see is concrete jungle from one flat. Rain water drainage is becoming a problem in some apartment complex. Hey.. builder can charge you high rate for having lake view during rainy season :D
    CommentQuote
  • Balewadi is a stone throw away from the Baner & I think Baner has all the infra , I think better than PS,so all in all Balewadi-Baner is much better than PS...Thats the reason rates in Balewadi-Baner is 3K plus & in PS its less than 3K...
    CommentQuote
  • Balewadi is on fringe area of Pune while PS isn't. Also PS falling in PCMC, water is better than Balewadi as of now. In Balewadi, many projects like Saphire park, portia etc. aren't easily accessible. Balewadi is good if you are not dependent on public transport & require to use NH4 bypass regularly. Else PS is better, but the prob is water logging during monsoons.

    * Note that PS has to be PS. Some consider nilakh, rahatni etc. as PS. Anyways, personally despite all this I prefer Baner-Balewadi coz I require Mumbai access & NH4 on regular basis.
    CommentQuote
  • I have bought a house in PS and have lived in Balewadi for about an year. When we started living in Balewadi the first thing we saw was the hills and Infosys phase . Within and year there was a seven story monster infront of our highway facing flat at Supriya Sankul and the view got lost. So in the long time Balewadi and PS will look the same, have the same benefits and maybe even cost the same. They are same distance from university travel wise. Road quality is similar and even infrastructure is same to an extent. PS is coming up very fast with shops coming us very fast. Balewadi will also see the same. Shops follow people. The main road in PS is supposed be 100 Ft wide in the coming 1 year. Who knows when that happens. Balewadi is 5- 10 mins from Baner and PS is 10 mins from Aundh. Water in PS may be better due to PCMC. Mainly a question of flat quality and budget. I got a decent deal with GK so booked in PS. Now he is quoting atrocious prices. Not worth paying 3000 in PS today if you can get better deal in Balewadi. Both areas will be same and may be priced same in next 5 years. Have seen Baner, Balewadi as a village some years ago, so you can imagine pace of development.. IF this is good or bad is totally another question..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by srcjpm
    If you are looking into the Pimple Saudagar area, please check out "The Crest" development from Malpani Estates. I bought a flat there. At least for me things have worked out well. Builder has been great and I am extremely satisfied with the high quality materials/fittings they have provided - much better than some renowned builders in Pune. This is solely my view and I would definitely recommend this builder.

    Thx.


    Something is wrong - either with you or your builder then :D

    And by the way, is this the same 'Crest' that was delayed by years & did not have any completion date in the agreement? The builder is a CHEATER & provided no compensation for the delay in years. Poor people who bought the flat there initially are tired of paying the pre-EMI.
    CommentQuote
  • i am staying in balewadi and like it as its still not crowded. Basic necessity are available (grocery store, school, day care etc.), its near to express way and may be commutation would be better till the wakad bridge (if u r working in hinjewadi).

    Seen most of societies uses tanker water , which may increase the cost of the flat maintainence. So water shortage could be the problem here.

    Baleadi still doesnt have availability of auto rickshaw and one need to go to balewadi phata (most of the time ) , Although there is frequent bus service to Pune station (but not sure how many people now avail the public transport as its being used by other cities like mumbai or metro service of delhi or maybe Hyderabad )

    No idea about the Pimple Saudagar, visited only couple of times and found bit crowded. but i didnt like the layout of comfort zone too. others may provide more feedback.
    CommentQuote
  • Bad part in PCMC is that autowalas ply without meter. If autowala is good, you will get good fare, if crook, he will demand rates like those of Pune builders:D. So, one needs to know first the rates between A & B, else you will be taken for a ride like PBAP.

    The only good part in PS over Balewadi though is that water situation is better, though it is bad in PG,PN & Rahatni.
    CommentQuote
  • Don't you think 3k+ rate for either PS or Balewadi is crazy? apart from the IT Park, what other infrastructure improvements (don't count buildings coz they are actually a burden on infra) have happened in these areas in last 5 years? Plus Wakad, Baner, Aundh, Balwadi, PS all depend on the same IT park for future appreciation and it doesn't sound like a viable idea.

    Having said that, if one compares, PS is definitely more livable than Balewadi. Builders have been building in Balewadi for so long and yet no basic necessities - only vast open space and security threat..something's amiss there. Plus you have to hit the highway in your own car and go far for every little thing.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mahesh_abhy
    Don't you think 3k+ rate for either PS or Balewadi is crazy? apart from the IT Park, what other infrastructure improvements (don't count buildings coz they are actually a burden on infra) have happened in these areas in last 5 years? Plus Wakad, Baner, Aundh, Balwadi, PS all depend on the same IT park for future appreciation and it doesn't sound like a viable idea.

    Agree with you. Many localities are betting on single source:- Hinjewadi, not to forget builders in Hinjewadi like BR, MPolis as well;). Such type of single source driven growth is not sustainable. Without infra, no locality can survive irrespective location.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Agree with you. Many localities are betting on single source:- Hinjewadi, not to forget builders in Hinjewadi like BR, MPolis as well;). Such type of single source driven growth is not sustainable. Without infra, no locality can survive irrespective location.


    Totally agree, Real. I am getting the same feeling about Hadapsar as well - it seems to be plagued with bad roads, water shortage etc. Pune may quite be heading the Dubai way
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mahesh_abhy
    Don't you think 3k+ rate for either PS or Balewadi is crazy? apart from the IT Park, what other infrastructure improvements (don't count buildings coz they are actually a burden on infra) have happened in these areas in last 5 years? Plus Wakad, Baner, Aundh, Balwadi, PS all depend on the same IT park for future appreciation and it doesn't sound like a viable idea.

    Having said that, if one compares, PS is definitely more livable than Balewadi. Builders have been building in Balewadi for so long and yet no basic necessities - only vast open space and security threat..something's amiss there. Plus you have to hit the highway in your own car and go far for every little thing.


    Please give exmaples of little things for which you have to hit the highway... all little things are available on the baner balewadi road only and for all the fancy shops theres Baner, a few kms away

    Yes, water is a grave problem... something property buyers should take care about
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sanav3
    Please give exmaples of little things for which you have to hit the highway... all little things are available on the baner balewadi road only and for all the fancy shops theres Baner, a few kms away

    Yes, water is a grave problem... something property buyers should take care about

    Man, these are projects on Hotel Orchid side i.e. Rohan Leher, Aditya's Green Zone, Aldea Espanola, Kirti's....(forgot the name) etc.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Man, these are projects on Hotel Orchid side i.e. Rohan Leher, Aditya's Green Zone, Aldea Espanola, Kirti's....(forgot the name) etc.


    Are these projects are part of Balewadi? and most of them are still under construction.
    CommentQuote