Hello Friends,

I am planning to buy flat very soon. I have come to down to 2 areas. Balewadi and Pimple saudagar. In Balewadi good builder and reasonably good areas are quoting 3000-3100. I typically liked Adiya Comfort zone.
In Pimple saudagar I get price of 2500 for decent developers (hardly any good developer there) . So pricewise pimple saudagar seems good but locality seems cluttered. What is your opinion. I can afford both the places but I am looking for better return of investment in terms of Locality.

Let me know what do you think ??
Read more
40 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by home_user
    Are these projects are part of Balewadi? and most of them are still under construction.

Why Balewadi, Tarang is in Baner:p. Yes, these are all under-cons except Kirti.
    CommentQuote
  • Aldea Espanola claims location of baner whereas it is actually located in Balewadi outside the PMC limit. only bricks can be pruchased on that side of road and we can use it for making pizza or as bathing / washing soap.

Originally Posted by realacres
    Man, these are projects on Hotel Orchid side i.e. Rohan Leher, Aditya's Green Zone, Aldea Espanola, Kirti's....(forgot the name) etc.
    CommentQuote
  • Areas close to balewadi phata and balewadi gaon have plenty vegetables, medical and general stores around...and few restaurants as well
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mahesh_abhy
    Totally agree, Real. I am getting the same feeling about Hadapsar as well - it seems to be plagued with bad roads, water shortage etc. Pune may quite be heading the Dubai way

Well we wish Pune was Dubai. The difference between Pune n Dubai is Dubai has the best infra in the world but no population to use it and Pune has the population but no infra. If you talking about real estate prices well we all know as long as these developers find people to take up those cheap quality flats prices wont come down. atleast not dramaticly.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Man, these are projects on Hotel Orchid side i.e. Rohan Leher, Aditya's Green Zone, Aldea Espanola, Kirti's....(forgot the name) etc.

I think Kirti Elegant 2
    CommentQuote
  • How is the water situation in Balewadi as of today. I have heard that the situation was grave when Balewadi was not in PMC but have improved once it came under PMC

Originally Posted by sanav3
    Please give exmaples of little things for which you have to hit the highway... all little things are available on the baner balewadi road only and for all the fancy shops theres Baner, a few kms away

Yes, water is a grave problem... something property buyers should take care about
    CommentQuote
  • I am staying in Balewadi... not facing any problem... But i don't stay in day time.There is PMC pipe line coonection in my society and water comes regularly.
    And i like balewadi much better from P.S. i was residing P.S. earlier, there is nothing except hazard development and dust in Pimple Saudagar.. only local villagers are there while Balwadi has much free space and fresh air with posh people.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Steve_i4u
    I am staying in Balewadi... not facing any problem... But i don't stay in day time.There is PMC pipe line coonection in my society and water comes regularly.
    And i like balewadi much better from P.S. i was residing P.S. earlier, there is nothing except hazard development and dust in Pimple Saudagar.. only local villagers are there while Balwadi has much free space and fresh air with posh people.

Are you joking? What do you mean by "posh people"? People following BPO culture? And PS has people from other states also. Are you not Indian?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dev_pune
    How is the water situation in Balewadi as of today. I have heard that the situation was grave when Balewadi was not in PMC but have improved once it came under PMC

No man, it is not too good. A couple of people at Aditya builders society there were complaining. At PS, water supply is OK. At least a dozen people vouch for PS as far as water is concerned. But it is only a concrete jungle, no greenery.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nimish1981
    No man, it is not too good. A couple of people at Aditya builders society there were complaining. At PS, water supply is OK. At least a dozen people vouch for PS as far as water is concerned. But it is only a concrete jungle, no greenery.

From my experience and stay in Baner, the water situation has improved considerably!! Also, more than the location, it also depends on the no of people in the society, utilization etc!!

People following BPO culture?
    And what exactly is BPO culture? sometimes i fail to understand how we can differentiate IT / BPO / Non-IT etc just from their behavior?

Baner-Balewdi has more of IT folks these days primarily cos of its proximity and accessibility to Hinjewadi!! also it has a fairly decent student population as well, since many colleges have come up in and around!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chinmay686
    And what exactly is BPO culture? sometimes i fail to understand how we can differentiate IT / BPO / Non-IT etc just from their behavior?

BPO and IT culture cannot be compared at all. IT pros are more "decent". I say this from experience, trust me.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nimish1981
    BPO and IT culture cannot be compared at all. IT pros are more "decent". I say this from experience, trust me.

Hmmm....would like to politely differ from you in this matter!! I am actively involved in the management of an engagement which involves both IT and BPO and i pretty much know both the parties closely!!

Feel, it is a bit discriminatory to generalize for them, by judging from the behavior of few!! Every genre has its own skill set of requirements and qualifications...
    CommentQuote
    Hmmm....would like to politely differ from you in this matter!!

Well, we have seen some rather disturbing stuff in BPOs, and many of my relatives had to go through some disturbing times. I very well know the true face of the BPOs. It is very very disturbing.
    CommentQuote
    I am actively involved in the management of an engagement which involves both IT and BPO and i pretty much know both the parties closely!!

Well, I can only say that the people I know were floor managers or above. They have mentioned harrowing lifestyles and experiences, which somebody mentioned as "posh", and the reasons for such a kind of lifestyle. Some other people I know have have acted as counselors for BPO employees as well as IT and other industries. They say that the kind of issues related to alcohol, tobacco, s3x and sometimes drugs that the people from BPOs bring to them are far far more than such issues amongst other industries. And the reasons for their spendthrift and casual lifestyle was something that none of them could fathom.
    CommentQuote
  • In Gurgaon BPO, the entire sewage pipeline got blocked. Any guesses what must have caused this blockage?:bab (5):

To me ITGs are far better than BPOs. The main reason being ITGs work according to IST while BPOs work based on other country's time. This leads to serious social probs which they face like disconnect from friends, having almost inverse timetable....& many a times after sustained duration, the frustration builds up. Some try new avenues for progress while some get stuck with drug abuse. I have seen a case where a girl's marriage was canceled at last moment. This is a family forum.....will it be OK if I post it here?
    CommentQuote