If you visit Wagholi you will find several projects and offering nice features -- but friends WATER ... there is a major issue of water in Wagholi..

Some projects are being completed using tanker water ..

How come still people are buying in such projects... ?
Read more
63 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Just a thought but with so many constructions coming up in wagholi and lots and and lots of money to be earned, i don't think the politicians will let wagholi stay out of PMC for long.
    (just a thought and not a reason for investing in an apt there).
    CommentQuote
  • Interestingly PSF rates in Wagholi are still high inrrespective of poor water situation :)

Merger with PMC is the only solution..But when ? Its million doller question :)

And welknown fact is PMC facing water issues in summer
    CommentQuote
  • Problem is not just PMC - its even difficult to find water with boar - I can imagine drinking water by tanker but day to day usage water by tanker is horrible..
    CommentQuote
  • Yes thats right, infact as per the recent posts on PRA'S East Avenue, the Wagholi grampanchayat has recently made a decision and has stopped providing water till september as of now.
    Originally Posted by vishaljadhav
    If you visit Wagholi you will find several projects and offering nice features -- but friends WATER ... there is a major issue of water in Wagholi..

How come still people are buying in such projects... ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vishaljadhav

people living in Kotle Patil are paying extra every month for tanker water+maintenance.. they have no other choice.
    CommentQuote
  • Ivy project has take Rs 32/sq feet from each flat for special water line from the river near by.
    CommentQuote
  • flat purchased at low rates may prove to be costly running affair due to water worries :)
    CommentQuote
  • Agree with the points in this discussion. Water issue was the main reason I dropped idea of exploring projects in Wagholi although they looked good in brochures & videos :)

Forget Wagholi, water problem is in Kharadi too. One of my friend staying in Rakshak Nagar regularly is paying for tanker water to society for long time now. Sad state. Still property rates are so high.
    CommentQuote
  • How can one even think of investing in East side of Pune - Water is life.. Don;t fall pray to builders ads.. they will sell and you will have to regret.. problem is not PMC -- its water level in Easter Pune is really low,... Builders are digging 300 Mtr deep boar well and still no water..

Pune builders are really smart, they have launched several projects in Wagholi in mansoon..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vishaljadhav
    How can one even think of investing in East side of Pune - Water is life.. Don;t fall pray to builders ads.. they will sell and you will have to regret.. problem is not PMC -- its water level in Easter Pune is really low,... Builders are digging 300 Mtr deep boar well and still no water..

Pune builders are really smart, they have launched several projects in Wagholi in mansoon..

I faced similar situation.
    When I visited site for KOLTE SITE..
    Situation is worst...
    On Website all nonsense is written, REALLY REALITY is different.
    IVY - Home
    all boomeranging on customer site once they book there.
    Investors have to be more careful.
    savvy_v:)
    CommentQuote
  • Its not just Wagholi

Guys the water problem is not a case with Wagholi.
    Just 2-3 Years back even Viman nagar was dependent on Tanker water. There was no PMC water supply.
    Some societies even now depend on Tanker water and members have to pay high maintenence cost.

Kharadi still faces this problem and many societies depend on tanker water. And this is also deliberately done so that the the Guy with so many water tankers gets regular business. I am sure u already know the name :)

Wagholi also has the same issues and is no different.
    CommentQuote
  • Went to visit Pristine city. I wonder if they have been able to sell a single flat except for some close associated investors.
    There is a river nearby in Wagholi and they told me about setting up a water purifying plant and supply water to the project.

But it should not be so easy to do.
    CommentQuote
  • And do you think that there is regular water supply in west Pune viz. Baner,Balewadi,Wakad,Hinjewadi etc. - all these are deliberately made dependent on water tankers by water mafia .
    In fact ,real estate and all related basic needs are controlled by politicians(mafia) while the common man is happily slaving for one house throughout his working life .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by savvy_v
    I faced similar situation.
    When I visited site for KOLTE SITE..
    Situation is worst...
    On Website all nonsense is written, REALLY REALITY is different.
    IVY - Home
    all boomeranging on customer site once they book there.
    Investors have to be more careful.
    savvy_v:)

yea man, they should bank their trust on Amanora :D:D:D just kidding!!
    CommentQuote
  • basic requirement of water

Originally Posted by suryawork
    And do you think that there is regular water supply in west Pune viz. Baner,Balewadi,Wakad,Hinjewadi etc. - all these are deliberately made dependent on water tankers by water mafia .
    In fact ,real estate and all related basic needs are controlled by politicians(mafia) while the common man is happily slaving for one house throughout his working life .

It is a fact of life that citizens are controlled and kept in state of uncertainity by some elements. But citizens need to organise themselves and use RTI within parameters of law..Ask the water supply department questions:
    How many litres of water have you received?
    How many liters pumped out for consumption?
    Amount paid to irrigation department for water supplied and amount collected from citizens,companies,institutions etc
    How many tankers of water filled in at water points and its distribution?
    What is the wastage rate?
    Why is there so much of difference between cost of water pumped out and money collected?
    Ask several questions to PMC,Irrigation department,water works etc and see the reaction.
    Highlight such issues with your corporator politely and firmly
    Write to the press/TV channels about these problems
    Make hue and cry in legitimate and lawful manner.Law provides various solutions and we should use them and not be shepherded along.
    Our elected representatives get elected by narrow margin and 30-40% of people do not vote.
    Your vote is your strength. Use it to make our society a better place.Otherwise we are doomed to suffer while some enjoy lifelong privileges without accountability.
    CommentQuote