Last updated: June 13 2009
18 | Posts
2107 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If they can be unite why can't we

Friends

As you know, prices in other cities are down and in fact lower than 2007 prices. Even then Pune Builders have not reduced their prices. All these shrewd people became unite and decided not to reduce the prices. They are playing tricks by not launching all buildings at a time. Although construction for entire project is going in parallel they are saying “This building is not opened up yet”. Why?
    There are 200+ apartments in the projects and availability is just 4-5 flats? Surprising, who the hell is buying flat in these rates?
    Basically, they are reducing the availability on paper. Less supply, more demand.. prices will be up!!
    They are waiting for prices to go up again. Some of us are still buying and thus prices may go up if we don’t re-think, or be united.

It’s time friends that we should come together and decide on not to buy until price is down by further 25-30%. It’s our money, we should value it. Don’t give it to these cunning people who are buying lands in cheap rates from poor farmers and they putting Chinese material (claiming Italian).

Same labor, same cement and steel, then why the prices are different in different areas?
    Should each flat owner pay 20L extra of land price difference?
    Kharadi -2700, and Kalyani nagar -5500?
    Think!!!
    Answer is – YOU are ready to pay extra therefore these people are demanding it.

Be unite – if they can then why can’t we?

Sansona

Re : If they can be unite why can't we

Folks.. Just think again.. Just imagine that you are building the hourse in rural area, same quantity of cement, steel, bricks, sand.. then why the cost comes 25% as of the city price?
    Who is stealing your hard earned money?
    In Pune, DSK builder is giving 8 Lacs discount on 40L home. 20% down!!
    Lets make sure others also coming down.

sansona

Comment

Agree with u.

Flats r vacant, builder r offloading thro' Consultants,brokers and y investors at much lower rates.

deals r very very less.

try group booking.

Anyone interested in Kharadi, Vadgaon sheri???

Pass on the offers made to u, for us propective buyers.

Its time builders do justice- ULC

Comment

Wait another 6 months...

Yes...I think we should at least wait for 6 months.

Builders are fooling people that property rates will rise now because share market is UP. The hell they think is that a risen share market will create jobs in two weeks, people will get money in third week and property prices will go up in fourth week.:p

Agree that realty sector is showing good in last 2 months but still there is nothing fundamental like creation of jobs, government spending etc which will boost the demand.

Do you agree?

Comment

My quote in another thread : Stocks better than RE

I for once agree fully with Nat..

To support my contention-

Any one can just do a simple exercise. Just chk price of flat during say 1992 in any area. take notional value Rs 1,00,000
          Enquire its price now- what is avg price appr 6,00,000

If the same money was invested in FD/ recurring/bonds
          Expecting normal returns it should have doubled in every 6 yrs
          The return would be appr 8,00,000.

So sitting at home u get better return and safer return in FDs etc.

Q (bulls) Nat & . Should one look at RE (flats ) as an investment, and
          BUY.

Q (bears) Wiseman & . Are property values undervalued compared
          with other asset class & should appreciate.

PS: Disregard recent 3 yr hike of prop. prices as a blip.
          Disregard locality & other phenomenon as exception.

SO FRIEND DONT C RE as an investment apportunity

Comment

Originally posted by sansona View Post
            Friends

As you know, prices in other cities are down and in fact lower than 2007 prices. Even then Pune Builders have not reduced their prices. All these shrewd people became unite and decided not to reduce the prices. They are playing tricks by not launching all buildings at a time. Although construction for entire project is going in parallel they are saying “This building is not opened up yet”. Why?
            There are 200+ apartments in the projects and availability is just 4-5 flats? Surprising, who the hell is buying flat in these rates?
            Basically, they are reducing the availability on paper. Less supply, more demand.. prices will be up!!
            They are waiting for prices to go up again. Some of us are still buying and thus prices may go up if we don’t re-think, or be united.

It’s time friends that we should come together and decide on not to buy until price is down by further 25-30%. It’s our money, we should value it. Don’t give it to these cunning people who are buying lands in cheap rates from poor farmers and they putting Chinese material (claiming Italian).

Same labor, same cement and steel, then why the prices are different in different areas?
            Should each flat owner pay 20L extra of land price difference?
            Kharadi -2700, and Kalyani nagar -5500?
            Think!!!
            Answer is – YOU are ready to pay extra therefore these people are demanding it.

Be unite – if they can then why can’t we?

Sansona
            Sansona,

Thanks for such a good post.

There is ample amount of land available in the outskirts of Pune and buyers should not panick at all that the rates are going to increase.

Its a patience game. Whoever is more patient wins the game! Unfortunately, now people seem to loose patience that the prices have not come down even after waiting for so long and because builders are trying to create a false picture by increasing rates 50-100 psft to create an illusion that just like stock market, RE too has started moving up!

The present flat costs have really gone out of reach of even much hyper 'IT buyers'. I know a few folks who earn 1L Rs a month but can't dare to buy a 3 BHK for 35L. What all places the poor chap is going to pay ? After all the Pune RE prices bubbled up based on the IT jobs. But now with companies laying off, slashing salaries(forget about increments), whom these builders are going to sell flats to ?

Like what Sansona said, its a standard way of selling flats by the builders to always show single digit flats available. Recently, i had been to Mont Vert, Wakad. You all must be knowing that this guy was so desperaate for the cash(because of no buyers) that he even offerred to rent out new flats which ultimately failed. I went there and asked the sales person to show the plan. Before even showing the plan, the sales guy said 'Sir, we have only 4 flats available now'. I was really pissed off with this joke and i replied 'But, i want only one'

So, guys don't stop hunting for the flats. But don't give away your hard earned money. Negotiate and quote for 2005 rates. Imagine everyone doing this. It will surely have a huge impact.

Comment

Originally posted by Sansei View Post
              My quote in another thread : Stocks better than RE

I for once agree fully with Nat..

To support my contention-

Any one can just do a simple exercise. Just chk price of flat during say 1992 in any area. take notional value Rs 1,00,000
              Enquire its price now- what is avg price appr 6,00,000

If the same money was invested in FD/ recurring/bonds
              Expecting normal returns it should have doubled in every 6 yrs
              The return would be appr 8,00,000.

So sitting at home u get better return and safer return in FDs etc.

Q (bulls) Nat & . Should one look at RE (flats ) as an investment, and
              BUY.

Q (bears) Wiseman & . Are property values undervalued compared
              with other asset class & should appreciate.

PS: Disregard recent 3 yr hike of prop. prices as a blip.
              Disregard locality & other phenomenon as exception.

SO FRIEND DONT C RE as an investment apportunity
              Do not want to comment which investment is best one as it depends on opportunity and situation. Will like to share my experience here. In around 1992 we bought house in Thane at 400 psf (Carpet rate) and today rates in Thane is around 4000 to 5000 psf(superbuildup) As in Thane 35% is superbuildup factor it is around 6000psf (carpet rate). So gain looks like 12 times. Also there are plus & minus factors. Minus is building structure is 20 yrs old now. Plus factors are we saved rent of 20 yrs and also save on income tax (30000/- per year).

Comment

Yup, it looks, u have had agood deal.
                However in general, this rule applies to any other town. It is more so for smaller towns, with no IT stimulus or any speculators or other development

Comment

Originally posted by realpune View Post
                  Before even showing the plan, the sales guy said 'Sir, we have only 4 flats available now'. I was really pissed off with this joke and i replied 'But, i want only one'
                  This was awsome!

Comment

"If they can unite, why cant we?"
                    Because they are too few and we are way too many. This forum is a very good start but how many buyers will even know about this forum?

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X