Pune : Wakad Vs. Pimple Saudagar

Last updated: June 19 2017
36 | Posts
15507 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pune : Wakad Vs. Pimple Saudagar

I am new to Pune and want to buy flat either in Wakad or Pimple Saudagar. Currently I am living at Wakad.

When I go and discuss with Builder, Wakad builder says wakad will be emerging area and has potential and so is Pimple Saudagar.

Can anyone tell me future development for these two areas and potential for these two areas.

I hope this will be helpful for everyone who wants to buy property in these two areas.

Re : Pune : Wakad Vs. Pimple Saudagar

would request the guru to throw light on this topic as it will be useful for other

Comment

Wakad has more potential due to proximity to Hinjewadi & many mega projects of townships, IT parks, Malls coming in Wakad.

Comment

If you are already living in Wakad - are you planning to move or buy another investment property?
        From current views visible multiple times on this site - Wakad looks promising purely for hinjewadi advantage. if you wouldnt want to hedge your bets on hinjewadi alone- then alternatives like PS/ Baner stand better chances of popularity on the whole.

Comment

What I dont like about Wakad is

1. that it is currently too far away from all the good established schools. All the international schools close here dont teach the Indian syllabus atleast for the higher classes which I see as a big disadvantage.

2. that it is far away from everywhere else except Hinjewadi. But If it can carve a niche for itself like Baner due to the upcoming societies it will be like an exclusive location like how Baner is

In spite of the above disadvantages I still feel that wakad could be an emerging area. If there is another IT boom, it will be one of the most sort after locations if that location becomes self sustaining like how Baner has developed.

Pimple Saudagar has been around for a while, I think for over 10 years and there is not much development. So I think if it has not developed into a hep place by now , it will not develop much further given another 10 years also.

So Wakad is where I would put my money given a choice between the two. Also the rates are cheaper here now than in PS.
          Last edited by Navina; October 22 2009, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Pimple Saudagar will never become a premium locality due to the average constructions by GK builders all around. Wakad still has some potential, but we have to wait and see if some big constructions are planned in that area.

Comment

How about the area from kalewadi phata to Dange Chowk? How is potential for this area in next 3-4 years?

Comment

Originally posted by amit3011 View Post
                How about the area from kalewadi phata to Dange Chowk? How is potential for this area in next 3-4 years?
                Thats the old gaothan area. Very old constructions are present and as such the whole area is very slum like (maybe thats the wrong word). I dont expect any re-development there for many more years. Better to spend some more money and buy in PS or Wakad

Comment

Heard Wakad is also coming up in a fast way..there are a couple of
                  5-stars under construction..and some good quality residential projects also near the hinjewadi flyover..

any comments?

Comment

I somehow like Wakad more than PS.

PS now expands even upto Govindgarden hotel and all, from there, there's no easy connectivity to Aundh. On the other hand, Wakad chowk is only about 2 KM farer (or even nearer) than PS when it comes to distance to Aundh.

And Hinjewadi is coming up.. the roads are widened, so when Blueridge, Megapolis and multiplexes are there, wakad is a good place to stay than PS.

I live in PS, and I dont like it here.. there are lots of small small projects.. mostly by GK, and since he has good connection with politicians probably, the area is developing fast, but then, somhow it lacks the feature of a premium destination. On the other hand, Wakad has some good builders/projects (Mont vert, Rohan, Nanand Inspera, Kasturi, Palas).. the road from Wakd to Aundh is widening to 4 lane..so i think i will go to Wakad than PS..

PS : "Pimple Saudagar" is terrible name to call my home !!

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X