I have got confirmed news from one of family friend who works with one of the reputed builders (from Pune), that property market in Pune is getting worse day by day. Many people who has signed but not made agreements are cancelling the deals (due to job conditions). Plenty of new projects are at High Risk. Many wise builders stopped the launch of new projects (including Paranjpe, DSK, Kumar).
People don't have money to pay EMI. Investors are not getting good rents. They want to sell off.
All in all, by Diwali rates will be down, if not the same.

You still can buy a flat if you have secured job and enough of money in hand. Those who want to take loan (more than 10L), please don't take risk.

Sansona
Read more
768 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • current rate in dhayri n chandni chouk area

hi.. anyone know whts currrent rates in dhayri (near DSK vishwa) /chadni chouk area...
    CommentQuote
  • Rates near DSK Vishwa are ~ 2500 psft.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by IREFPune
    Rates near DSK Vishwa are ~ 2500 psft.

thanx..
    Actually.. i m looking for new 2bhk in between katraj-chndni chouk highway and my budget is upto 20 lakh... so i think i will get my budget flat in dhayri area. near chandni chouk is out of my budget..
    CommentQuote
  • Wonder if any post Diwali predictions worked out
    CommentQuote
  • Post Diwali Dip?

I think buildres' lobby decided not to bring down prices at any cost. It is a concerted effort by builders to fool public and make the RE market artifically afloat. It is like life on steroid support. Every thing bottoms down to who will blink first - the builder or the buyer. At this time though - it appears that builders have won. Only time will tell going forward - but as theories would have it everything is cyclical - generally RE boom-bust cycles last for 8 years. We are only into 2nd year of it.
    CommentQuote
  • Nice to see this post UP agian

This was one of the popular posts quite some time but suddenly disappeared...

Nice to see this thread becoming active again!!!
    :p
    CommentQuote
  • time for prediction for next diwali ! :D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ttt43
    time for prediction for next diwali ! :D

http://www.indianrealestateforum.com/mumbai/t-navi-mumbai-property-crash-auctions-started-8110.html/?highlight=logix

auctions can give some hope? what has bubbled in 4-5 yrs doesn't come down overnight.

$700 billion cash (maybe more) thrown in by US govt. is sufficient enough to cover the lie for at least 1-2 Yrs?? :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by wiseman
    Real,

Today too many people think real life is like TV on-demand! Hit the switch and immediately things should happen!

Please note that it has taken around 2 years (late 2007 to late 2009) for us to reach the 20-25% decline stage. Expect that it will take some more time for the final bottom to come and in prime bubble areas this decline WILL be in the range of 50-80% (now don't start going to every locality and start asking me why price has not decline by that amount and therefore I'm totally wrong. Please note carefully what I said, in prime areas with the highest gain in 2004-07 period, prices will decline the most and in general, higher the rise, higher the fall, all things considered equal!)

My recent post in ="http://www.indianrealestateforum.com/showthread.php?t=5139"]Builders & RE Bulls Theory Proved Wrong argues as to why I see second half of 2010 to be the first opportunity to start looking for bargains as this would be around the time markets will find their lowest levels for the coming downward movement and this is around the time when people feel the most depressed and will therefore come to market ready to sell at any price (even builders as they would be in a much weaker position with high/killing debt levels, low sales and profits or even losses and no way to raise money to reduce debt and only one way to do it thru distress sales of inventory!!!).

I still believe that 2011 or even 2012 would be the likely bottom for this recession/depression, especially in the US and less so in India.

Please also note the rapid rise in inflation rate. We, who say negative inflation in recent times are now likely to see 6-6.5% inflation by as early as March 2010. As a result, 2010 will probably be much more painful to most people in the world than 2008!

cheers

guys i really doubt all these predictions. Either the author has not bought the flat he wanted at right time or whatever is the reason. Dude this is not coming going to happen, as all the post diwali negative rhetoric never worked out and rates went up.
    In 2011-2012 period markets will be at there peak, i assure you.

guys i really doubt all these predictions. Either the author has not bought the flat he wanted at right time or whatever is the reason. Dude this is not coming going to happen, as all the post diwali negative rhetoric never worked out and rates went up.

CommentQuote
  • Pune or Hyderabad ?

I have seen Pune and Hyderbad and compairing one with another, I will prefer Hyderabad which is quite good in terms of infra, roads, flat size, rates and job prospects.
    Yes, the Telangana issue will again pull Hyd prices down which will make it more attractive for end users who are in IT.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by findingnemo

Care to mention the reasons behind your assurance? And why will price stabilize/decrease after 2012, since its going to be the peak according to you?
    CommentQuote
  • He was viewing the chart ulta!!!

Originally Posted by RAJESHP
    Care to mention the reasons behind your assurance? And why will price stabilize/decrease after 2012, since its going to be the peak according to you?

No offence, Findingnemo.

But, my predicting prices will come down and bottom in the period 2010-2012 has nothing to do with my findinghome (as you suggested).

Rajesh, he is predicting a peak in 2012 simply because he was viewing the projected price chart upside down! :D

One more thing, findingnemo. A peak means probably a flattening or decline after that. So, what exactly would be the reason for a peak in 2012 and what would be the decline after?

Cause-effect should always be the reason for prognostication. Not simply the throw of a dice ...

Btw, most of you may have missed the small note on inflation also being a negative impact on prices. Did you notice today (15 Dec) that wholesale price index (WPI) has jumped from 1.24% to 0ver 4% in just one month? At this rate you may expect severe inflation by mid-2010, you can be sure. This will mean serious tightening by RBI in bank lending (already started) and much lower buying of homes as EMIs would be in the stratosphere while recession will also be deepening across the globe once again putting uncertainty about jobs and ability to pay.

We will revisit this over next few months to see if this is not happening as I have stated.

cheers
    CommentQuote
  • So would we ever see prices in the range of 1200-1500 per sq.ft. in Aundh/Baner Annexes and around 1800-2000 per sq.ft. in Aundh, Baner, etc.?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kirunOnly
    I have seen Pune and Hyderbad and compairing one with another, I will prefer Hyderabad which is quite good in terms of infra, roads, flat size, rates and job prospects.
    Yes, the Telangana issue will again pull Hyd prices down which will make it more attractive for end users who are in IT.

Yes, In Hyderabad in addition, you can enjoy less corrupt govt than PMC., good cheap movie theaters, road side Idli's and Set Dosa's, only downside is hot weather and sever lack of eye tonic;)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by wiseman
    No offence, Findingnemo.

But, my predicting prices will come down and bottom in the period 2010-2012 has nothing to do with my findinghome (as you suggested).

Rajesh, he is predicting a peak in 2012 simply because he was viewing the projected price chart upside down! :D

One more thing, findingnemo. A peak means probably a flattening or decline after that. So, what exactly would be the reason for a peak in 2012 and what would be the decline after?

Cause-effect should always be the reason for prognostication. Not simply the throw of a dice ...

Btw, most of you may have missed the small note on inflation also being a negative impact on prices. Did you notice today (15 Dec) that wholesale price index (WPI) has jumped from 1.24% to 0ver 4% in just one month? At this rate you may expect severe inflation by mid-2010, you can be sure. This will mean serious tightening by RBI in bank lending (already started) and much lower buying of homes as EMIs would be in the stratosphere while recession will also be deepening across the globe once again putting uncertainty about jobs and ability to pay.

We will revisit this over next few months to see if this is not happening as I have stated.

cheers

wiseman. No Offence but i am really amazed at your predictions, you comment as if you are working at World Bank and know everything when things will go down and when would they go up and you have forgotten the basic business cycles.
    I will explain why i am predicting markets to do good in future(and they will) later, kinda busy right now.
    CommentQuote