I have got confirmed news from one of family friend who works with one of the reputed builders (from Pune), that property market in Pune is getting worse day by day. Many people who has signed but not made agreements are cancelling the deals (due to job conditions). Plenty of new projects are at High Risk. Many wise builders stopped the launch of new projects (including Paranjpe, DSK, Kumar).
People don't have money to pay EMI. Investors are not getting good rents. They want to sell off.
All in all, by Diwali rates will be down, if not the same.

You still can buy a flat if you have secured job and enough of money in hand. Those who want to take loan (more than 10L), please don't take risk.

Sansona
Read more
768 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • A separate forum would be more appropriate ...

Originally Posted by ash7979
    Phew !!! 6500% return in 7 year flat....I must say that you are so lucky to have such a good judgement that every time you were right about mkt...like when to enter & when to exit....I wish you could also managed my money as well:D:D:D

Folks,

All the profitable decisions in the past was, as Ash says, pure luck, maybe with some hard work in finding the opportunities and plonking some capital there.

How many of you have read Malcolm Gladwell's "Outlier"? Clearly lays out the funda that, given that you have to work hard and master your subject to become successful, there is always an external reason for ones success that is silently and unknowingly supporting the effort!!!

So, far, from 1980 till 2007 we were supported by a once-in-a-lifetime Bull Market. We may not be so lucky going into the future (though in the long term, buying in this depressed period will probably pay off bigtime anyway as India is still on a longterm growth path).

It is time for us to use our better understanding of the inter-connections of this world's economics and business to invest with a clearer perception of the future and where opportunities lie.

Successful investment is all about anticipating where the ball will be in the future and positioning ourselves to be in the right place at the right time to catch it! :D As it was rightly said by Nemo, some we win, some we lose!

cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Real, G did not fight for independence, he begged for it for 30 years.

Finally, because the British wanted to preserve their image of being jolly good fellows, because their economy was in shambles, because a colony is a good place to multiply your capital manifold and they had no more capital, they decided to throw a bone to the beggar, for which they had no more use and had sucked the marrow dry.

Wise, my Dad bought some stocks in 1980 and forgot about it. Today he has got 1000% return after 30 years, without market timing.

6500% is amazing,almost impossible to believe.

I have been a poor market timer for re-entry. Good at exits, bad at re-entry, thats my problem.
    CommentQuote
  • Passing judgment is easy. Arm chair and hindsight analysis is easy.

Living in that exact same moment, and understanding the real context is very difficult, near impossible.

I haven't read enough about G or his ways (apart from our cookie cutter history books). But even if I did, every single word, every single book, and report wouldn't bring to life the real circumstances and context. Every author's world-view is different, and they will write to subtly suit that perspective.

With a 50-year perspective, practically everything our forefathers did could be brought into question (of course selectively). Because my forefather did everything right, and yours didn't! :D
    CommentQuote
  • Without G, we would not have had new country on our side ;). Let us thank him that India now have a buffer state between itself and barbarians of Gandhar
    CommentQuote
  • You will always find some group of people proposing negative points about every great personality. I have heard some negative points about Savarkar, Vivekanand...even there was some dispute about Shivaji also.

Whatever people say for Gandhiji, I have a great respect for him and I am sure his contribution along with all freedom fighters and all the Indian public has made it to the independence. You can't take out/measure anyone's share separately. Its cumulative effect.

And definitely its not DEBT situation caused by World WAR. Our fight for freedom since 1857 had laid the foundation and 1942+WW worked a trigger...

One more thing I wish to note that Naitional Congress wanted freedom in "VIDHAYAK" ways only...It took time to make people learn what is democracy....and thats why it took time. You see what happened with outher countries that got independance in the same WW2 era. Is there any country from british regime which progressed on the grounds of democracy, economy like India? Even all the world worships Gandhijis AHIMSA principle? Why we people are devided about our country's gloriuos history? How will our next generation get inspired? Wont they become mental slave if we tell them that we got independant due to debt on english?

I believe "Education is the chief defence of any contry"
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by puser
    Without G, we would not have had new country on our side ;). Let us thank him that India now have a buffer state between itself and barbarians of Gandhar

Wish Nathu had shot him dead in 1946 itself, better still if he had come under the wheels of the train from which he was thrown out. Things would have been much better then. Who is the man who requires women as armchair?
    Anyways, I am anti-Ghungru (this is a term which means Gan+Nehru & both used to dance to British tunes):D & no matter what, it is not going to change my opinion about them.
    Originally Posted by Venkytalks
    Real, G did not fight for independence, he begged for it for 30 years.

Finally, because the British wanted to preserve their image of being jolly good fellows, because their economy was in shambles, because a colony is a good place to multiply your capital manifold and they had no more capital, they decided to throw a bone to the beggar, for which they had no more use and had sucked the marrow dry.

Well, you insulted beggar by comparing him to mohandas:p.

Anyways, lets stick to the issue of RE.

If you see there has been pressure on realty & banking for past week. Reason? Soon to be hiked ROIs which can happen anytime soon.
    CommentQuote
  • Whatever his faults, he was a better man than I!

Originally Posted by realacres
    Wish Nathu had shot him dead in 1946 itself, better still if he had come under the wheels of the train from which he was thrown out. Things would have been much better then. Who is the man who requires women as armchair?
    Anyways, I am anti-Ghungru (this is a term which means Gan+Nehru & both used to dance to British tunes):D & no matter what, it is not going to change my opinion about them.

Well, you insulted beggar by comparing him to mohandas:p.

Anyways, lets stick to the issue of RE.

If you see there has been pressure on realty & banking for past week. Reason? Soon to be hiked ROIs which can happen anytime soon.

Folks,

If a man is better than me, I don't insult him, whatever his faults; I simply keep quiet about him!:D

And then, of course, we are taught to not talk ill of people who have passed on?!

So, back to RE now ...;)

2010 is going to be a very interesting year after
    - 2007 irrational exuberance taking Sensx from 14000 to 21000 in 6 months
    - 2008 panic and irrational behavior bringing it down from 21000 - 7600
    - 2009 unexpected bullish behavior running ahead of ground realities

This is turning out to be fun ... and to people who care to put in some effort to understand and think ahead ... profitable too!

Should we start wishing the

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010!

cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by wiseman
    And then, of course, we are taught to not talk ill of people who have passed on?!

Wiseman, you are talking about 'People'. Ghungru isn't comparable even to a virus. Btw, is there any method to kill ghost? These chaps ghost must be wandering around:D.

As far as 2010 is concerned, it will be lull especially for sectors/companies who used bailout packages in one form or the other as 2010 will be free of steroids & cos will have to stand on their own strength. I think many cos will be hammered this year & real picture will be seen.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by wiseman
    Folks,

If a man is better than me, I don't insult him, whatever his faults; I simply keep quiet about him!:D

So, back to RE now ...;)

2010 is going to be a very interesting year after
    - 2007 irrational exuberance taking Sensx from 14000 to 21000 in 6 months
    - 2008 panic and irrational behavior bringing it down from 21000 - 7600
    - 2009 unexpected bullish behavior running ahead of ground realities

This is turning out to be fun ... and to people who care to put in some effort to understand and think ahead ... profitable too!

Should we start wishing the

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010!

cheers

I think we are okay till march'10...I mean will be within 15k to 18k....And I feel that after march'10 will see lower lavels...What is ur take on year 2010, wise???

I think it would be really interesting discussion & you rightly said Profitable too!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Gandhi fought years in a different nation for the people. Now, everyone is fighting for own. The easiest task is doing a negative comment.
    Now, still people are fighting for language, region and cast.
    Anyway, Indian market responding very late. Wait till March… Everything would be on the ground ( from sens.x to everything)
    CommentQuote
  • Saurabh and others,

INC did India a favour by collaborating with the British, participating in the elections the British held for us from 1936 and in general learning the ways of governance.

They undid 11 years of training (from, I think, 1936 to 1947) in the next 11 years of governance by being stupid, corrupt and proving they had been a bad student.

They have been proving that over and over since then.

The British once said that they were amazed that after 100 years of their rule, we absorbed so little from them. Almost any other nation would have been far far ahead.

As for G, he subverted INC always, his motives were always self glorification and his contribution to INC more negative than positive. Still, he is the father of the nation, so lets leave him be.

So what say,

Pune property rates will be down by Diwali 2010?

I think not.
    CommentQuote
  • Good to see discussion reverting to the original topic of the thread ... though initial topic implied Diwali of 2009 ;) :D
    CommentQuote
  • Nothing is down as yet ...
    Still 2600 to 3200 p.sq. ft. is the norm everywhere ...
    CommentQuote
  • Good to see some interesting discussions on RE and non-RE on this post in the last 2 weeks.

As for RE, I am planning to buy something in the next 2 weeks. And have finalized the location - Kothrud. Reason - all my relatives stay there. Yes, you guessed it right, all my relatives = all-in-laws. ;-)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gsa177
    Good to see some interesting discussions on RE and non-RE on this post in the last 2 weeks.

As for RE, I am planning to buy something in the next 2 weeks. And have finalized the location - Kothrud. Reason - all my relatives stay there. Yes, you guessed it right, all my relatives = all-in-laws. ;-)

Good call gsa. Never forget back-up! Even if it is a different operating system (in-laws :D), than what you're used to.

And nice location otherwise, too. Best of luck!
    CommentQuote