I have got confirmed news from one of family friend who works with one of the reputed builders (from Pune), that property market in Pune is getting worse day by day. Many people who has signed but not made agreements are cancelling the deals (due to job conditions). Plenty of new projects are at High Risk. Many wise builders stopped the launch of new projects (including Paranjpe, DSK, Kumar).
People don't have money to pay EMI. Investors are not getting good rents. They want to sell off.
All in all, by Diwali rates will be down, if not the same.

You still can buy a flat if you have secured job and enough of money in hand. Those who want to take loan (more than 10L), please don't take risk.

Sansona
Read more
768 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Thanks. have been searching the RE market for over 6 months now. To be frank, I am running out of patience. And irrespective of whatever has been said on this forum about falling prices, I intend to go ahead. Because - I can afford it(with loan, but not heavy loan) and it feels right for me. and hopefully I wont be bothered much(me thinks) if the prices go down as well.

Now the difficult part, how do I break this news to my parents. They will definitely think that I have been sold out to the in-laws, if you know what I mean.

wiseman, any wise advise on yet another digressed topic?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gsa177
    Thanks. have been searching the RE market for over 6 months now. To be frank, I am running out of patience. And irrespective of whatever has been said on this forum about falling prices, I intend to go ahead. Because - I can afford it(with loan, but not heavy loan) and it feels right for me. and hopefully I wont be bothered much(me thinks) if the prices go down as well.

Now the difficult part, how do I break this news to my parents. They will definitely think that I have been sold out to the in-laws, if you know what I mean.

Abhimanyu...chakraview mein phas gaya hain too! :D
    CommentQuote

Tell them:-
    Kothrud provides good infra, on personal level too:D.
    CommentQuote
  • gsa, I see you posted lots of posts in very short duration. where have you been earlier?
    Patience is significant factor in RE buying. And yes, mostly Punites in laws expect their son in law to settle in Pune...That's kind of prenuptical condition since decades.
    CommentQuote
    Thanks. have been searching the RE market for over 6 months now. To be frank, I am running out of patience. And irrespective of whatever has been said on this forum about falling prices, I intend to go ahead. Because - I can afford it(with loan, but not heavy loan) and it feels right for me. and hopefully I wont be bothered much(me thinks) if the prices go down as well.

Not necessarily the best suggestion.. but try following this... If you have 2 opinions one from Parents and other from Wife and in-Laws... it is in the best peaceful interests of the world to select a 3rd option which is completely different from the above 2. (Take sides with any one and the world comes crashing down)

Use marketing skills and make sure that the 3rd option seems like the most logical option ever possible in the entire universe. ;) ("Mere mann ko bhaja" types bhi chalega.. important is to have a different option than the above 2)

Otherwise face the music.. once in a while everyone faces a rock concert. :D

VK
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by veeemkay
    Use marketing skills and make sure that the 3rd option seems like the most logical option ever possible in the entire universe. ;) ("Mere mann ko bhaja" types bhi chalega.. important is to have a different option than the above 2)

Agreed. What's more, you will be monitored too:D. So, no additional fun.:p

In some cases, even nuclear explosions take place even if we are enjoying ghazal:D.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by veeemkay
    Not necessarily the best suggestion.. but try following this... If you have 2 opinions one from Parents and other from Wife and in-Laws... it is in the best peaceful interests of the world to select a 3rd option which is completely different from the above 2. (Take sides with any one and the world comes crashing down)

VK

LOL. Good one.

And I second your opinion, the best option really is the 3rd option, but rarely succeeds due to the push-pull of the other two options.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kirunOnly
    gsa, I see you posted lots of posts in very short duration. where have you been earlier?

Was busy making a decision. And staying away from the site so that my decision does not get clouded with too many views and opinions.;)
    Originally Posted by realacres
    Agreed. What's more, you will be monitored too. So, no additional fun.

That's scary, although I haven't ventured out(yet) into anything that would require monitoring. :o

Originally Posted by razer

And I second your opinion, the best option really is the 3rd option, but rarely succeeds due to the push-pull of the other two options.

seniors, thanks for the opinions . My parents do not have any opinion about a location in pune since they stay in Mumbai.

Neither it is a pull from the in-laws. It is a conscious decision, between me and wifey. But the experience in dealings with the fairer s_e_x says - all that matters is the perception.

And a perfectly normal discussion can lead into, as you have said - music to the ears, with scores of incidences narrated from the unerasable hard drive The funniest part is, we think we have seen all, over the years. But each time the music starts - its a different tune and there are surprises galore on what can be turned and twisted.

Apologies for the ramblings on the RE forum. I will shut up now:)
    CommentQuote
  • Dont apologise gsa, I had a good laugh.

Kabhi kabhi hi to hasne ko milta hai.
    CommentQuote

Neither it is a pull from the in-laws. It is a conscious decision, between me and wifey. But the experience in dealings with the fairer s_e_x says - all that matters is the perception.

And a perfectly normal discussion can lead into, as you have said - music to the ears, with scores of incidences narrated from the unerasable hard drive The funniest part is, we think we have seen all, over the years. But each time the music starts - its a different tune and there are surprises galore on what can be turned and twisted.

Apologies for the ramblings on the RE forum. I will shut up now:)

:D Dude, you only say what we all know deep in our hearts. Cheers to the man who says it! :p
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • This tread is almost dead after Diwali...Maybe we should change the title of this tread like "Pune Property rates will be down by Diwali-2010"....

Bytheway did anybody analyzed that, how much rate has gone down,after starting this tread to diwali 2009...can this tread owner come up with that analysis...
    CommentQuote
  • I guess Owner of the thread has already bought his/her dream house and presently busy servicing the EMI.:D:D:D

Yes I think some one should summarise, since this thread life is over now
    CommentQuote
  • He didn't mention the year!

Originally Posted by ash7979
    This tread is almost dead after Diwali...Maybe we should change the title of this tread like "Pune Property rates will be down by Diwali-2010"....

Bytheway did anybody analyzed that, how much rate has gone down,after starting this tread to diwali 2009...can this tread owner come up with that analysis...

Since the year was not mentioned, let us extend this thread till it dies a natural death with prices going up sufficiently to kill the very idea of a price decline!:D

cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by wiseman
    Since the year was not mentioned, let us extend this thread till it dies a natural death with prices going up sufficiently to kill the very idea of a price decline!:D

cheers

still I feel price decline is not too far .... may be 2 - 3 quaters away...

I am happy living in illusion as long as its not burning my pocket ...
    CommentQuote