Clear All

• Re : Pune Property Rates Will be Down by Diwali

RE Prices Down by 40%, officially.

http://epaper.hindustantimes.com/Art...&kword=&mode=1
    If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Words

Dilawar Nensey, joint managing director at Royal Palms India.
      He said it also made sense for the company to offer discounts than sit on high-cost debt.
      Analysts say if the offer clicks, other developers may be forced to drop prices amid talk of a property glut.

Ya liked these words in the article.

And Pune leads in vacant no. of flats in India just ahead of Mumbai.
      Last edited by Sansei; August 9 2009, 07:24 PM. Reason: Addition

Comment

Disclosure

]http://www.indianrealtynews.com/real-estate-india/mumbai/hiranandani-developer-to-collaborate-with-maharashtra-govt-for-affordable-housing.html[/URL]

Just c the Hirnandani bldr agreeing to price stability .

Comment

Originally posted by realacres View Post
          ]http://epaper.hindustantimes.com/ArticleText.aspx?article=03_08_2009_703_003&kword= &mode=1[/url]
          I can confirm the same about Panvel.
          In a project 1/1.5 year ago going rate was 2900-3000 psf (a friend book at that rate). Now it is 2100 psf.
          Friend has booked a loss of 12/13 lacs before taking possession.

It seems there is huge over-supply/inventory in Mumbai/Pune and buyers NOT ready to commit
          Last edited by hitmady; August 9 2009, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hitmady View Post
            I can confirm the same about Panvel.
            In a project 1/1.5 year ago going rate was 2900-3000 psf (a friend book at that rate). Now it is 2100 psf.
            Friend has booked a loss of 12/13 lacs before taking possession.

It seems there is huge over-supply/inventory in Mumbai/Pune and buyers NOT ready to commit
            Thanks for info, hitmady. Seems that ready possession flats will be going at prices lower than bookings, a complete U turn than what it prevailed earlier.

Along with recession, 6mn hectares of Kharif shortfall is there this year.
            Bio-fuels may well become expensive than crude oil now! Thinking of investing in sugar & dal than RE & stocks!
            If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

interest rates may stabilise or head even lower over the next six months

"Mr. Bhatt, the Chairman of India's largest bank, SBI, has some good news for people seeking to buy homes. Speaking to a leading daily, he observed that interest rates may stabilise or head even lower over the next six months as the liquidity in the system is pretty comfortable at the moment. However, he refused to comment anything on what would be the scenario six months later as he felt that the economy was still in a pretty dynamic state. Mr. Bhatt further added that he foresees SBI's own home loan book doubling this fiscal vis-à-vis last year.

Please bear in mind that perhaps these projections do not take into account the demand that will result if developers bring down their price meaningfully. As noted recently by our founder, Mr. Ajit Dayal, "Driven by their own frenzy to get rich quick, the real estate developers have started to build too much property. The projects under construction are probably 5x what the actual demand will be at the price points being currently quoted. Drop the price by 20%, and the demand could jump by 100%: still leaving an oversupply of 2.5x. But drop the price by 40%, and probably every square foot available will be sold out". Looks like there is ample room for the prices to come down and if they indeed do, the resultant growth in home loan disbursals could only be imagined. "

Taken from http://www.equitymaster.com/5minwrap...1/2009&story=6

Comment

office rentals continue to decline

http://www.expressestates.in/full_st...ntent_id=93889

Comment

Unfazed by China correction, JPMorgan says bull mkt is back

Read the conversation religiously....One of the best market analysis I have seen.... I dont wanna take any names but friends, do take a hint from here

Code:
                  http://www.moneycontrol.com/mccode/news/article/news_article.php?autono=412328
                  As I was saying for the last few weeks, Markets are stablising
                  Eat, Pray and Love

Comment

Vicious practice of under-writing new projects!!!!!

I will have to post it here since a new thread did not appear..!!! I dont think it is abbusive.

Buyers beware of the Broker-Builder nexus of under-writing of projects…
                    Brokers are increasingly underwriting properties in new projects being launched by developers—blocking a large number of apartments during so-called soft-launches, hoping to offload them at a premium to end-buyers after the formal launch.
                    This will help builders claim huge sales immediately and create an artificial scarcity in the market.

Check the article below that talks about it
                    ]http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/Market-News/NCR-brokers-do-a-realty-check-again/articleshow/4926417.cms[/URL]

VK

Comment

shantinagar,kondhwa-katraj highway

Hi friends,
                      One of my friend in Pune inquired for Shantinagar at kondhwa-katraj highway near to VIT hostel.
                      Builder quoted rate around 3130/sq. feet and said rate will go up in coming days.
                      My friend did some research and found that around 100-150 flats are still lying with builder.
                      Also I found from another friend that many people have bought flats there merely for investment purpose and its not just 1-2 flat for investment.
                      Its bunch of 40-50 flats bought by these group of friends merely for investment.

What I can found from this study is that lots of flats are available but NO buyer.

As suggested by friends I too hope rates will come down in the coming days.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X