I have got confirmed news from one of family friend who works with one of the reputed builders (from Pune), that property market in Pune is getting worse day by day. Many people who has signed but not made agreements are cancelling the deals (due to job conditions). Plenty of new projects are at High Risk. Many wise builders stopped the launch of new projects (including Paranjpe, DSK, Kumar).
People don't have money to pay EMI. Investors are not getting good rents. They want to sell off.
All in all, by Diwali rates will be down, if not the same.

You still can buy a flat if you have secured job and enough of money in hand. Those who want to take loan (more than 10L), please don't take risk.

Sansona
Read more
768 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by suryawork
    Well, after some time u'll say they 'll find ppl who can do the same job as freshers and that too at 1/10th of fresher salary .

Its a challenge getting work done with freshers considering quality of education in India.
    After 3-5 years of experience they become individual contributor and sought by companies.
    For every 4-8 fresher you need 2 seniors, 1 middle-level engr based on complexity of work.

In recession I think people who're without project or less-productive are laid.
    And seniors with domain and tech skills are asked to execute multiple-tasks and roles.
    CommentQuote
  • So will rates in Pune get down atleast by this Diwali????
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sripallu
    So will rates in Pune get down atleast by this Diwali????

Yes certainly but year is not mentioned :)
    CommentQuote
  • Anything cooking???
    CommentQuote
  • Every time Diwali/festivals/year end approaches near, threads like this gets more attention since 2008
    CommentQuote
  • Yeah!!

Because people like me will be looking to buy atleast we can have an Apartment in Pune and checking the prices!!

So any inputs will be really helpful
    CommentQuote
  • and every Diwali just anticipating that people will buy builders jack up prices even higher than rest of the year

:)
    CommentQuote
  • property rates in pune will remain out of reach for normal people. if they wnt to buy they will be forced to look for fringe outskirt areas like mharunji, phursungi or punawale, narhe, ravet etc for areas in pune like balewadi, baner (even makad wakad) 2 bhk will start from 50 lakhs:bab (45): inflation already whipping people so hard lets see pray that people get to eat enough sweets this diwali at least forget abt property rates, worry abt food rates now:o
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by puser
    pray that people get to eat enough sweets this diwali at least forget abt property rates, worry abt food rates now:o

Absolutely true, the way petrol prices are increasing we will soon have lenders providing loan and than RBI will increase interest rates on the same. In today's India Food inflation is a big eater than property.

The govt. has deferred the subsidy on gas cylinder (nothing is assured) imagine 4 subsidy cylinder, forget about shelter people will not have enough resource to cook (when no alternative is provided)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by puser
    property rates in pune will remain out of reach for normal people. if they wnt to buy they will be forced to look for fringe outskirt areas like mharunji, phursungi or punawale, narhe, ravet etc for areas in pune like balewadi, baner (even makad wakad) 2 bhk will start from 50 lakhs:bab (45): inflation already whipping people so hard lets see pray that people get to eat enough sweets this diwali at least forget abt property rates, worry abt food rates now:o

But what would be happen with inventory.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by eloish
    Sometimes your best investments are the ones you don't make!!!

I like the above statement.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Saurabh01
    But what would be happen with inventory.

there is no inventory, most r booked or sold, some r remaining for 'select few':bab (45):
    CommentQuote
  • My opinion: - The rates of properties in Pune will never go down becase all apartment under construction are booked ones.

The new construction will not start before builder get new buyers.

This is how builder will not suffer any loss.

Only what can happen is in Recession time builders may not be able to increase the prices, but the prices may remain constant.

Regards,
    Nikhil
    CommentQuote
  • This thread was started in May 2009. Wonder which Diwali we are talking about.
    Can the owner of this thread re-name it or people still believe since Diwali 2011 is round the corner, 3rd Diwali since the thread started.
    CommentQuote
  • i think Pune rates are still down.

today only i receive a mail with launch offer near hotel sayaji at 3300 and felt pleasant after a lot of SMS which i receive in gurgaon new lauch at 5800 onwards
    CommentQuote