I have got confirmed news from one of family friend who works with one of the reputed builders (from Pune), that property market in Pune is getting worse day by day. Many people who has signed but not made agreements are cancelling the deals (due to job conditions). Plenty of new projects are at High Risk. Many wise builders stopped the launch of new projects (including Paranjpe, DSK, Kumar).
People don't have money to pay EMI. Investors are not getting good rents. They want to sell off.
All in all, by Diwali rates will be down, if not the same.

You still can buy a flat if you have secured job and enough of money in hand. Those who want to take loan (more than 10L), please don't take risk.

Sansona
Read more
768 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Koi na koi is murde ko har Diwali me ukhad ke saamne khada kar deta hai.

Har bar Diwali mei price aur bad jaati hai aur murda fir ek aur saal ke liye gad jaata hai
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by hporwal
    i think Pune rates are still down.

today only i receive a mail with launch offer near hotel sayaji at 3300 and felt pleasant after a lot of SMS which i receive in gurgaon new lauch at 5800 onwards

In which project you are getting rate 3300 in Wakad near to Sayaji hotel ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Munish Malhautra
    This thread was started in May 2009. Wonder which Diwali we are talking about.
    Can the owner of this thread re-name it or people still believe since Diwali 2011 is round the corner, 3rd Diwali since the thread started.

Don't worry. This will be evergreen till we celebrate Diwali. And till the time Builders don't get Diwala. :)
    CommentQuote
  • I visited a number of projects in various areas...

Here we are thinking about price correcton and there are the builders who are thinking of jacking up the prices post dussehra....:bab (45):

guess what kind of correction can we expect.....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kingmanish
    I visited a number of projects in various areas...

Here we are thinking about price correcton and there are the builders who are thinking of jacking up the prices post dussehra....:bab (45):

guess what kind of correction can we expect.....

Beware this thread can get you in to major losses in your life by not buying the real estate when you can.

Current market proves beyond doubt that stocks and gold etc are not for common man to make money let alone enough money to compare returns. Also FD will eventually be eroded by inflation.

All baseless attackers you would be ignored. All structured contrary view points welcome.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by stoxxx
    Beware this thread can get you in to major losses in your life by not buying the real estate when you can.

Current market proves beyond doubt that stocks and gold etc are not for common man to make money let alone enough money to compare returns. Also FD will eventually be eroded by inflation.

All baseless attackers you would be ignored. All structured contrary view points welcome.

Lols stoxxx good joke, I don't think anybody want to take it seriously :bab (59):
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by stoxxx

it was good time to buy in 2009 in retrospect. my friend bought 2 bhk in kothrud for 36 lakh in sep 2009 and now its costing around 50-60 lakh...good decision i would say and got good teaser interest rates from SBI for 3 years fixed. now such prices doesnt seem realistic. Although current economic crises in US and Europe are far worse than that of 2008
    CommentQuote
  • every year its Diwali .... Infinite returns ...

Originally Posted by puser
    it was good time to buy in 2009 in retrospect. my friend bought 2 bhk in kothrud for 36 lakh in sep 2009 and now its costing around 50-60 lakh...good decision i would say and got good teaser interest rates from SBI for 3 years fixed. now such prices doesnt seem realistic. Although current economic crises in US and Europe are far worse than that of 2008

From 2004 - 2008 all Diwalis were good ...

Now they are fake....

All is Well needs to be followed by all other wise reality is too bad and no one wishes to taste it ... leave apart Live with it .. Be it Bulls or Bears....

See the Diwali of rest of Countries in RE ...
    and Our diwali ....

from 2000 can I say our prices have increased
    5 times ..
    6 times...
    7 times ...

whatever ...
    but is it correct to presume that again it will go the same way ?
    WOW ...

Below chart real .. India I have added ... you can presume your x times figure ..

every year its Diwali .... Infinite returns ... :)
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • frugality, welcome back long time you been missing from here :)...secondly sorry i m not so advanced to fully understand your chart, however i assume it is mentioning change of housing prices year on year with 100 as base over last 10 yr (i.e. for india 10 lakh flat of 2000 os costing 50 lakh today?)...however i am not thinking of returns or talking from perspective of investor, but end user...with inflation bomb in india god knows where prices would go, may be flat may cost few more lakhs but purchasing power of those many lakhs may be less at the same time salaries may not rise equally proportionately(or it may rise marginally) to maintain equal lifestyle...again i dont know for sure:)
    CommentQuote
  • If it is primary home, one should go and buy even a 2bed at today's prices. If markets drop, sell the 2bed, take a loss and buy a 3bed for the price of a 2bed. If markets rise you are covered. Again this is assuming the loan is not more then 50% of the housing cost and EMI is not more then 50% of the take home pay. US had 40 years to add housing stock, In India the boom began in 2005 and paused in 2008-2009. Still a long way to go before excess capacity is added to the system
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rameshyahoo
    If it is primary home, one should go and buy even a 2bed at today's prices. If markets drop, sell the 2bed, take a loss and buy a 3bed for the price of a 2bed. If markets rise you are covered. Again this is assuming the loan is not more then 50% of the housing cost and EMI is not more then 50% of the take home pay. US had 40 years to add housing stock, In India the boom began in 2005 and paused in 2008-2009. Still a long way to go before excess capacity is added to the system

With today's price people can only buy the beds and then rent some place to keep the beds. Hearing the the renting (or ranting) chats, most of the forum ppl are doing same :) .
    CommentQuote
  • Absolutely agree with you. Forum is major biased towards doom seeker.

Originally Posted by stoxxx

CommentQuote
  • There are at least two types of people in this discussion.

- Greedy and Shameless.
    - Stupid and Cowardly.

There are folks who may not belong to both.

For the guys who are thinking to buy a home this Diwali, I think the best would be to act Greedy and Cowardly. The translation to a decision depends on what Greed means to you. Its always relative.

Anyways the future will tell you how stupid are you.
    CommentQuote
  • Agree in a diff context

Agree with you in a diff context though.The Forum is frequently visited by genuine customers, who are fed up with the irrational exuberance of the builder and sales agent lobbyst...This forum might unite the buyers' and counter the greedy builders' cartel to some extent....Educating the novice customers about the various legal/financial aspects of the deal...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rameshyahoo
    If it is primary home, one should go and buy even a 2bed at today's prices. If markets drop, sell the 2bed, take a loss and buy a 3bed for the price of a 2bed. If markets rise you are covered. Again this is assuming the loan is not more then 50% of the housing cost and EMI is not more then 50% of the take home pay. US had 40 years to add housing stock, In India the boom began in 2005 and paused in 2008-2009. Still a long way to go before excess capacity is added to the system

Man, house is not an investment for end user. There will be strong resistance by family members to sell 2 BR & shift to 3 BR if it is not in same or better area, layout, amenities etc. I have myself seen cases where people bought a 2 BR, then wanted to upgrade to 3 BR in other project (as their existing one was sold out) but the family refused simply because they didn't like the location of 3 BR project + they didn't want to loose their existing neighbors.

Hence, home should be bought in medium to long term rather than short term as home not only has economic value but even emotional one, for many.
    CommentQuote