I have got confirmed news from one of family friend who works with one of the reputed builders (from Pune), that property market in Pune is getting worse day by day. Many people who has signed but not made agreements are cancelling the deals (due to job conditions). Plenty of new projects are at High Risk. Many wise builders stopped the launch of new projects (including Paranjpe, DSK, Kumar).
People don't have money to pay EMI. Investors are not getting good rents. They want to sell off.
All in all, by Diwali rates will be down, if not the same.

You still can buy a flat if you have secured job and enough of money in hand. Those who want to take loan (more than 10L), please don't take risk.

Sansona
Read more
768 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I have given example of Mumbai scenario new areas like Thane GB road, Panvel etc Now dont jumpin saying and talk about bandra, dadar, sobo etc. Just check makaan or . Go down date wise you will get an idea. Even I going to do this trick of full downpayment and get the flat. Currently 2 BHK is available for 1 crore. I am hoping to get a 3 BHK in that lets see. No harm in waiting. Patience always pays.
    On a side note Pune maybe unique case maybe. Since there are so many star people who operate from Pune Bobada, Dada, Turesh Bhai etc etc. So pune mentality I cannot comment on.
    CommentQuote
  • @vhaldavnekar , 3 bhk flat is available ready possession in thane for 1.1 cr ...no news in this ...just go thru mumbai forum ..if you wait for long you will miss the bus
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks everyone for reviving this thread...

Lets ruin few more home dreams by giving predictions in tone as if its 100% certain...
    CommentQuote
  • Triomega it depends on the area. I need it in some 3-4 kms specific radius. 6 months before when I saw I like one the owner quoted 1.3. It goes to 1.4 technically after adding all lasun mirchi to it. I gave him an offer of 1.1 but he did not budge. As you are saying it is already 1.1 I think that will go to 1.2 after additions. It means need to wait 6 months more before the plunge. I can easily wait a very long time since I can build the funds and also beat the inflationary rates due to god's grace.
    CommentQuote
  • and you may get discounts but rates have already increased - so in call it's appreciation only.
    i've never came across a single property which was expensive before than now - i am talking about builder's property - no idea about resales as i don't follow those.
    CommentQuote
  • also i feel builders can't reduce rates even if they want to or even if they are not selling.
    in every project there are so many investors who have invested but not done any agreement - those people can jump off/withdraw if builder starts selling at cheaper price.
    investors need to feel that value of property is increasing day by day.
    CommentQuote
  • ^^ This is what many thought earlier but what can builder do when investor themselves exit ?
    Coming to Pune RE, I have made a list of builders & projects which are giving discounts. Will put it soon.
    CommentQuote
  • blah blah blah
    CommentQuote
  • list of builders & projects which are giving discounts

Originally Posted by realacres
    ^^ This is what many thought earlier but what can builder do when investor themselves exit ?
    Coming to Pune RE, I have made a list of builders & projects which are giving discounts. Will put it soon.

Could you please share it here on IREF:bab (26):

thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • "Lets ruin few more home dreams by giving predictions in tone as if its 100% certain.."

Well if someone totally bases his decisions on what is written in this forum alone,then he deserves it.

This forum is an useful place to get inputs but you have to take decisions based on your research/legal checks etc.
    CommentQuote
  • looks like rates are going down and this thread will will prove true at least once :D

btw for all those who need list, check magic bricks site.
    CommentQuote
  • The price data in Magic bricks is not actual transaction data.So it cannot be taken as an absolute guide to prices.It gives an indication only of prices.

However some surveys they have carried out may be interesting for reference and knwoing the trend in Pune RE.http://property..com/microsite/buy/newly-launched-projects/
    http://property..com/microsite/buy/-survey/
    CommentQuote
  • Remember I'd said this long ago

Originally Posted by realacres
    ^^ This is what many thought earlier but what can builder do when investor themselves exit ?

Real, if you remember, to the argument that builder will never reduce price and that too below cost, I'd mentioned 2 situations where they will have no choice ...

1. When they are going bankrupt and have no choice but to sell at any price OR get properties siezed and valued even less

2. When investors in their own projects sell in distress at price below builder's own price

At that time people commented that it was impossible. One more impossibility becoming possible now with point 2.

Now to wait for point 1 when builders themselves come in with discounts after being forced to do so by factors beyond their control (like price in that location crashing or themselves going bust)

cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Realacres, could you mind sharing "list of builders & projects which are giving discount" in pune?
    CommentQuote
  • Jani. Aise builder ka pata chalte he hum apko khabar kar denge.

BTW 6 years since this thread started .
    CommentQuote