Hi All,

Have visited Aditya's- A Garden city recently. Their rates are 3000 psf to 3600 psf depending upon the Garden view and the building.

From outside the scheme looks very impressive and possession is also quite early.

Doses anybody has any perspective for the project??

Also what is your opinion about projects like Oravi, Vatika etc in Balewadi??
Read more
58 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Don't go there even if he is ready to give you in 2500. It is looking like bhut bangala on highway.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bheeshma
    Warje is the nearest of all the neigborhoods close to Kothrud. I think 3100 is not bad relative to what other projects are quoting even further away. If you can get this down to 2,900 then it will be remarkable.

There is slum rehab project in adjoining plot of Aditya Garden City.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres

So they get "kam wali baai" cheap.:D:D:D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres

I don't understand why some of you people are making such a big deal about the MHADA projects of high density housing.
    I understand that the biggest problem of having a "slum" in the neighborhood is lack cleanliness and hygine because the no. of common toilets in these slums is very small. However, these MHADA projects are not slums and each unit will have an attached toilet. So this issue is ruled out.
    Apart from this, what is it that is bothering you so much to completely rule out the projects in the vicinity of such projects?
    CommentQuote
  • not just about toilets, but about nuance these people will make.
    All residents here will be 'gutka' people. Even if you put them into 5Star homes, they will make it look like slum. Having MHADA project in vicinity is a BIG negative. They will make the vicinity less attractive in future.

Originally Posted by pune_real
    I don't understand why some of you people are making such a big deal about the MHADA projects of high density housing.
    I understand that the biggest problem of having a "slum" in the neighborhood is lack cleanliness and hygine because the no. of common toilets in these slums is very small. However, these MHADA projects are not slums and each unit will have an attached toilet. So this issue is ruled out.
    Apart from this, what is it that is bothering you so much to completely rule out the projects in the vicinity of such projects?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by aditi sharma
    not just about toilets, but about nuance these people will make.
    All residents here will be 'gutka' people. Even if you put them into 5Star homes, they will make it look like slum. Having MHADA project in vicinity is a BIG negative. They will make the vicinity less attractive in future.

There are slum settlements everywhere. Some of these slum settlements are legit some are not. But everyone has to live with them somewhere nearby. Even the prestigious senapati bapat road has a slm settlement when you go towards model colony. Koregaon Park has one. Kayani Nagar Has one. The backside of Sohrab Hall has one. Mukundnagar/ Marketyard have Plenty nearby. Slums are a fact of life in Pune, I think. The area that I live in BTKawade Road has plenty of them nearby.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by RAJESHP
    So they get "kam wali baai" cheap.:D:D:D

Actually rajesh has a point, though unintentional. Slums or other forms of low cost housing nearby make it easy to source domestic help. You will really struggle to find domestic help otherwise & will end up paying a bomd even for basic housekeeping services.
    CommentQuote
  • There would be social inequalities which increase the frustration and come up in face of crime.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Saurabh01
    There would be social inequalities which increase the frustration and come up in face of crime.

My current house is in Erandwane (Patwardhan Baug to be precise, which is a very sought after residential area these days). This area has at least 3-4 slum establishments (actual slums and not MHADA). I have been living here for the last 20 years and other than the cleanliness point I mentioned above, I haven't experienced any major negative point so far. In fact, these people can prove to be very helful if you treat them properly. I know few "Auto-wallahs" here who come to my help even at odd midnight hours in case of emergencies.
    CommentQuote
  • You think people in Aditya Garden City are not gutkha people?
    Slum rehabilitation is a good project and people living there are human beings too. Just because they have no options and low education doesnt make them ghatis.
    No doubt, the slum rehab project will affect property rates here, and the attitudes people are expressing on the forum are one example why.
    CommentQuote
  • When i was preparing for GRE in college...i read a sentence in the GRE book "Caste is the main issue why India is still not progressing" (or something of that sort)..Caste is gradually converting to Class nowadays.
    The numerous rape cases,bride burnings,suicides and culpable homicides that we read are perpetrated grossly by the great Indian middle class ,statistically, which seldom will stay in slums.
    The question whether you want to stay near a slum is far more based on your up-bringing than your economical status.To consider slum-dwellers as trash is another form of superiority complex brewing in our educated minds.
    We had a maid who worked for us some years back and we treated her like a family member and also funded her education till her graduation and now she is happily married and with a good husband etc etc.The statement is not presented to sing praises about our deed.It is just to show how this divide will abolish once we consider them as humans first and the highly slurred "slumdog" last.
    CommentQuote
  • Guys, its seems my statement has hurt some people's sentiments here.
    Let me clarify, I have nothing against the slum-dwellers. And its good point that you mentioned your good experiences with living near slums. Though that wouldn't be case everywhere. At my home in hometown, theres one slum nearby and I don't have good experience with it. Its a nusance in many ways. I wouldn't like to bring up children in such area (like the one at my hometown).

Thats my opinion from my own experience, may not be correct everywhere, but I would make it a point while selecting my next home.

Originally Posted by abicash1
    When i was preparing for GRE in college...i read a sentence in the GRE book "Caste is the main issue why India is still not progressing" (or something of that sort)..Caste is gradually converting to Class nowadays.
    CommentQuote
  • this discussion has taken a rather sensitive turn. I guess everyone has an opinion about low cost housing. Some people are comfortable while some are not. However, by and large you cannot avoid slums in Pune. They are everywhere and are here to stay, so its best we all integrate into the lifestyle of the neighborhood.
    CommentQuote
  • Well, everybody wants a locality where everybody belongs to his or her class. That is natural thinking. Especially if you have migrated to a state from another state. But one thing that you should not forget is that, it is these poor people who do your house hold chores. For a working couple, a house maid is unavoidable. You will find many rickshaw pullers living in not so nice conditions, but they are needed the most in this city, where buses are scarce, though there has been an improvement in their frequency nowadays. Plus do not forget that they are the original inhabitants of that area. True, numerous slums have popped up, but they hold migrants from other states, most of whom will move away to another construction site today or tomorrow.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bheeshma
    this discussion has taken a rather sensitive turn. I guess everyone has an opinion about low cost housing. Some people are comfortable while some are not. However, by and large you cannot avoid slums in Pune. They are everywhere and are here to stay, so its best we all integrate into the lifestyle of the neighborhood.

Sorry to say this, but those who have a problem with slums, look out for a job in another city where you will have only "your kind of people". Apologies for this comment, but I have seen certain sections of society from specific regions with a superiority complex.
    CommentQuote