Hi,

I am quite interested in projects in Baner- Balewadi area. Although not visited those sites recently.

Can anyone tell me what rate is going on there now, say in projects like Kool homes, Oravi, Vatika etc..?

What do you think, what psf price should be worth there, and how much we can bargain there?
Read more
45 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • ^^ forget abt satyam-techmah.. i didnt even mention it in my post... tech mahindra is getting highly benefitted by acquiring satyam... they are regaining the best talent, recruiting them as EMPLOYEES of Tech Mahindra and giving them salary increase. Whereas, as rightly said by you, 10k to 15k satyam guys are put on virtual bench .. they will get half salary and will have to take some mandatory un-paid leaves per month...

I remember my college days when satyam was recruiting like crazy... they were giving a package of 3.2 to 3.5 when the market package was 2.2 to 2.5... some Satyam guys were so happy that they even made fun of their counterparts in other companies like wipro, infy, tcs, perot, newgen etc...

Damn this Satyam.. made a huge mockery of Indian IT :(

and yes abt infy ... infy has also mass-recruited .. the better term would be over-recruited.. not only infy but most of the IT companies...
    now they have to lay-off these "duffers-who became-s/w pros" to maintain their profits :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by m_square
    I dont think so... IT played a major role for the last quarter GDP.. and it will do the same this quarter too and infact a larger one.. IT has fought well with recession..Big players like wipro, infy, TCS getting huge contracts.. picture abhi baaki hai mere dost :D

The exports have again dipped by 28.4% last month.
    m_square, in the economy there aren't always squares, there are square roots too.:D
    CommentQuote
  • Data points

Some of the data points mentioned is not correct in terms of status of IT industry. e.g bench. Any big company will have 15-20% bench for various reasons. If you see more than 20% bench, then there are issues. So a 15000 TCS bench is not a bad sign at all. Look at the hiring pattern. All companies are reducing cost. So you might find steady top line with increased margins.

Btw, you might find the IT(big ones) posting satisfactory result for the coming quarter. This is the quarter where all the US companies traditionally want to burn the money(whatever small amount) they are having with them.

But long term is still doubtful. Last week also there were more bank closures in US. Delinquency is still on the rise. Stability is not guaranteed. So next year IT might get into deeper trouble if US market don't pick up.
    CommentQuote
  • Top Three IT Companies Go Slow on SEZ Expansion

Originally Posted by MJHome

Btw, you might find the IT(big ones) posting satisfactory result for the coming quarter. This is the quarter where all the US companies traditionally want to burn the money(whatever small amount) they are having with them.

But long term is still doubtful. Last week also there were more bank closures in US. Delinquency is still on the rise. Stability is not guaranteed. So next year IT might get into deeper trouble if US market don't pick up.

Something related to this & it's impact on RE:-

http://www.indianrealtynews.com/sezs-india/top-three-it-companies-go-slow-on-sez-expansion.html
    CommentQuote
  • hi,

i was interested purchasing 2 BHK in the Nirmiti Zion , but found price at the higher side.

Sales person (Raju) has offered the final price as 37.5 lakhs.

Did anyone else has negotiated or purchased recently. what price did he offered?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by himpor
    The situation in US is still not recovered completely. There are still some concerns in the financial sector there. recently some banks has gone for closure and few more are expected.

Add to it that EU unemployment figs. have reached 10 year low. The on paper package isn't working for US citizens either. 5.5mn people are seeing their unemployment benefits ending in Dec 2009 & they have not yet found a job till date despite so many months. Such things will only make situation grim & outsourcing will be further hammered.

So the timings are not that good. but seems the builders has increased the price by 200-300 Rs. just on the news that recession is going to be over / equity market has rallied back by 40-50 percent from there lows of six months back.
    Stock markets rose due to FIIs pumping in money, while RE is driven by domestic investors. Had there been correlation between stocks & RE, the RE market should have fallen by 60% early this year. Next time when a builder gives this logic, say this to him.

I found prices by most of the builders are inflated by 10-25 percent.
    Simply come out & before leaving say that I am getting a good deal elsewhere & see the picture change. As a member here rightly pointed out to the CNBC report:- Builders reduced prices, buyers came in, they increased it, buyers went out:D.
    Btw, to increase prices by 25%, they first have to reduce atleast by 40-50% as in other cities. These are just mind games being played by the builders. So, don't give a damn about it.
    CommentQuote
  • whats the current price quoted at proxima?

The road to the site is quite narrow, like amit saphirre and infrastructure facilities like water/light is to be checked out.
    CommentQuote
  • dear realacre

whats your view on park express? is it possible a crack a deal in less than 2850?
    CommentQuote
  • Hey everyone I am looking for a property with proximity Camp/ KP or Deccan, Peaceful locale is my pre-requisite .. Kindly suggest i wld really be grateful
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by hporwal
    whats the current price quoted at proxima?

You mean Concord Proxima right? Well, proxima has only resales available.
    CommentQuote
  • resale in the comfort zone is availbale in 35 lakhs around. is it worth taking in comfort zone at 35+ stamp duty. Also the maintainnence is on higher side.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi, has any one visited supreme palms project in balewadi. can you please share some info or reviews on this project. It looks good to me, am yet to visit the site.
    Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • mistakenly i wrote Proxima. I was talking about Portia. I havent seen the site, but promoted as open from 3 side, layout also seems OK.

But i found the approach road is very narrow and still not developed (so rainy season commuting could be difficult) , and 2-3 turns to reach there.
    CommentQuote
  • Any opinion on "Green Thumb"? There is also a large project by Bhagwati constructions near the same area. Aditya comfort zone chap informed me that all 2BHK flats except three flats are sold out. Bravuria person says that there are many flats left.
    CommentQuote
  • again the price is on the uptrend. the negotiation is also not much by most of the buiders now.

Even some of the builders of wakad area are asking for 2800, same with GK who is asking 3200 and in balewadi regulas is quoting 3200, zion 3000.
    CommentQuote