Once again we have another property exhibition coming on 30th may in Le Meridian. I think property exhibition are only organised to create the panic among the buyers... Builder will increase rates by 100-150 rs/ sq ft and in justification they will try to show you that market is up now and lot many booking are going on...There is no use of such exhibitions now buyers are very much aware of the builder’s mentality... We can go and check for any new property there but believe me don’t get panic after seeing he increase in the rate…. They are just playing with you…
Read more
16 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I have stopped attending these.

By the way, if u give ur no. they

start to pester u with calls.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pune_home_search
    Once again we have another property exhibition coming on 30th may in Le Meridian. I think property exhibition are only organised to create the panic among the buyers... Builder will increase rates by 100-150 rs/ sq ft and in justification they will try to show you that market is up now and lot many booking are going on...There is no use of such exhibitions now buyers are very much aware of the builder’s mentality... We can go and check for any new property there but believe me don’t get panic after seeing he increase in the rate…. They are just playing with you…

Pune Home Search,
    Good to see that you have smartly able to understand the builder's move :)

Let me tell you my experience. I had been to PBAP exhibition in Balewadi a month back. I went to Goel Ganga counter and they showed me Ganga Ashiyana, Chinchwad project details. They quoted Rs. 26L for a 2BHK flat. For the same 2 BHK flat they were quoting Rs. 20L all inclusive. When i brought this to the notice of sales representative, he told me to see him on the site. I was really pissed off by this and decided not to attend such exhibitions anymore.

Just to create a panic builders have started creating panic among buyers by creating a picture that market had bottomed out and moving upward now. But the buyers are still not turning up towards the builders. The prices are just around 10% down from their peak, which is too much. And there is huge demand - supply gap with lots of over supply and very less demand.
    CommentQuote
  • property exhibitions are quite a scam these days.

Ask the organisers behind the property exhibition: will they guarantee what is said on the exhibition stalls? No they wont! so why the hell are they promoting specific builders/projects!

Never ever book your property on any of these exhibition +. as sansei said above: Do not give your number or address anywhere, no matter how much they insist. (give them a false one if you have to)

Do not let these desperate marketing techniques fool you!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realpune
    Pune Home Search,
    Good to see that you have smartly able to understand the builder's move :)

Let me tell you my experience. I had been to PBAP exhibition in Balewadi a month back. I went to Goel Ganga counter and they showed me Ganga Ashiyana, Chinchwad project details. They quoted Rs. 26L for a 2BHK flat. For the same 2 BHK flat they were quoting Rs. 20L all inclusive. When i brought this to the notice of sales representative, he told me to see him on the site. I was really pissed off by this and decided not to attend such exhibitions anymore.

Just to create a panic builders have started creating panic among buyers by creating a picture that market had bottomed out and moving upward now. But the buyers are still not turning up towards the builders. The prices are just around 10% down from their peak, which is too much. And there is huge demand - supply gap with lots of over supply and very less demand.

Same in print AD also-

Notice Solitaire AD for flats in Dhanori.

First ADs says- 2BHK in 20.7 lk.

On site visit it shows 24 lk++.

Any way despite the amenities these are cubby hole flats
    CommentQuote
  • Imagine you are doing a property exhibition. What would you like to tell the customers?

remember, the stats shows that only 3 in 10 enquiries do a followup again these days. there are many folks who dont know if they really need their own house, they also dont know what is a "residential" area.

Many IT folks are good at solving logical problems, they do it quite well. But when it comes to real life, they dont know what they need or what they will like to do in 10 years. All they know is IT jobs can fetch a lot of money, wait for couple more years and look at your salaries. The world is changing a lot, faster than it did 5 years back.
    CommentQuote
  • Friends P-BAP yah BAP or CREDAI is hosting East Pune RE at WEIKFIELD IT park Vimannagar this week end.

Attend it, but do convey to the bldrs ur affordable rate and avoid foolish traps. Lots & lots of flats r vacant in these areas. Roads r to be built and water is a problem.
    CommentQuote
  • There is hardly any crowd at the Pune East exhibition.

It is a failure?
    CommentQuote
  • yes.... its a complete failure... :)very small crowd seen there... there plans are not working now... ;)
    CommentQuote
  • Man got as gut feeling, Kharadi is going to be the best of East Pune.

Saw the developments in this area on Saturday. HUGE

WHAT DO U SAY FOLK
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pune_home_search
    yes.... its a complete failure... :)very small crowd seen there... there plans are not working now... ;)

Thats 4 sure
    CommentQuote
  • Kharadi will be huge only will take some more time. Had the recession not come up and the IT parks gotten filled up Kharadi may have been the place to be. Only thing is some projects are really inwards from main road so difficult to reach today. In 3 years should be a different place. Cannot say the same about Wagholi today though..
    CommentQuote
  • I don't think property exhibitions are helpful to anyone except builders. Even during the boom time, their usefulness was limited. I attended only one in my life and never attended another.
    CommentQuote
  • 3 yrs back some people were boasting in the same way about Kharadi and realization of IT park is still a distant dream as now there is no incentive for companies moving to Kharadi as Many IT parks are coming in the city itself . It depends on how the tax incentives for moving in to SEZ pan out in near future
    CommentQuote
  • Count Wagholi too. As said, anything which booms on PROPOSED is bound to doom. Btw, were there lots of tigers in Wagholi?

* Does anyone know the occupancy rate at Radisson Hotel, Kharadi?
    Originally Posted by guddu1
    3 yrs back some people were boasting in the same way about Kharadi and realization of IT park is still a distant dream as now there is no incentive for companies moving to Kharadi as Many IT parks are coming in the city itself . It depends on how the tax incentives for moving in to SEZ pan out in near future
    CommentQuote
  • We have 2 new exhibitions in town in this month...

1 from the TOIlet group in 1st 2nd May...

And another from Sakaal...Dont remember the date for this.
    (This Sakaal nowadays has started taking more interest in exhibitions...always there is some exhibition by Sakaal on engg college ground...one after another...sometimes on education...sometimes consumer elecronics...sometimes health and sometimes vastu!!!)

And most interesting thing about this Sakaal exhibition is that it has entry fee of Rs 5 :D:D:D:D...For the first time i am reading about entry fee on any prop exhibition. May be it is another gimmic by builder to show puneities that proprty is so hot an asset that we can charge for even on exhibitions...

Great man...there seems TOO MUCH demand for property that builder has to curb visitors from visiting exhibitions by charging fee!!!

coming down to earth....Seems builders are not earning from construction and hence finding such ways to keep the profit on!!!

Anyways it is good for us...more the entry fee lesser is the reponse...
    CommentQuote